Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 30th Jan 18, 11:15 PM
    • 1,806Posts
    • 11,147Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    My journey to a debt free life
    • 30th Jan 18, 11:15 PM
    My journey to a debt free life 30th Jan 18 at 11:15 PM
    Well Iíve been reading everyoneís diaryís and thought itís such a good idea I would start one myself,Iím hoping to use it as a way to record my journey to freedom from debt and also to have somewhere to come and just offload stuff
    My financial meltdown happened two weeks ago when I realised I just canít afford to pay my debts off properly,Iím sinking under the strain and jut adding more and more onto the total because itís just not sustainable. I came here and was given some brilliant advice then I went away and procrastinated for a week while pooping myself some more about what I am about to do I finally got my !!!! in gear this week and started the ball rollin by registering on the SC site and partially filling out the budget form,I then came unstuck because some of the info wasnít to hand,Iíve now sorted that and can proceed with finishing the budget form which I am doing tomorrow,by the end of this week I want to have contacted SC and set the ball rolling to set up a DMP.
    I then had problems with my online account for one of my creditors but I sorted that out this morning whilst also finding out exactly what I owe them,it was actually not as much as I thought but still too much so swings and roundabouts 😊 actually sorting that out today took me ten minutes but itís taken me days to do it,I just get overwhelmed and put stuff off then before I know it another week has gone by and nothing has changed. Still Iíve done what I set out to do today and tomorrow is budget form day then I will see where I go from there
    In other news I changed my phone provider on Saturday so now have a sim only deal for £9 a month instead of £20.02 plus I cancelled the insurance at £6 a month,Iíve also paid for the phone now too so there is a small saving,two weeks ago my phone contract was costing me £35 so Iím quite pleased with this new deal.
    Ok I think thatís enough waffling for one day and I need to try and get some sleep,letís see what tomorrow brings
Page 85
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 23rd May 19, 8:41 PM
    • 9,815 Posts
    • 77,962 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Awww I don't mind a grubby cat, ours came in with something unidentifiable stuck to a patch of fur on his back yesterday, the only answer was to snip the hair off with the scissors so he now has a little bald patch, if looks could kill I would not be typing this now

My animals are certainly a tonic and I'm sure my dog knows when I'm feeling low, she has been giving me lots of cuddles lately
    Originally posted by Onebrokelady
    Animals always know when you're feeling low and try to give comfort. When I had cats as a child they were always rubbing around my ankles or headbutting me when I was feeling down. They're so sweet and giving .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £4,105/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £2,005/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £129.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £150. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £50
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 23rd May 19, 10:12 PM
    • 2,911 Posts
    • 18,521 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    I'm sure the sleep and the walks and the animals are all excellent therapy. It's also free Vitamin D time, so stock up while the sun shines.

Really hope you and DD have now seen the worst of it and things look better soon. x
    MFW #30 Overpaid by £4,100.58/£3000 in 2018 Overpaid by £1,599.86/2,880.00 to 12/6/19. Decluttered in 2019: 833/2019 as of 14/6/19
    • arsenalbarnie
    • By arsenalbarnie 24th May 19, 7:27 AM
    • 367 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    arsenalbarnie
    Glad to see you back posting OBL. How horrible for you to be feeling like this. It has made me wonder if a couple of tearful episodes I have had lately are menopause related. I have had to have my m*rena coil removed and since then have been really quite low at times, emotional (I thought the first outburst was due to a couple of gins), and have been doing a bit of emotional spending. I bought a flipping bread maker the other day. I used to do this when I had pmt. I will look into the herb you mentioned. If there are any books you can recommend I would be grateful.

So itís either pmt I think, or peri menopause. The coil has been great in masking all theses symptoms for the past 6 years.

I hope you will be feeling better soon x
    • Chrystal
    • By Chrystal 25th May 19, 2:55 PM
    • 683 Posts
    • 5,019 Thanks
    Chrystal
    Hi OBL
    I can totally empathise with the feelings you have. I was 'pushed' into menopause in my early 40s by having to have an hysterectomy and wasn't allowed HRT as the op was because of cancer. I felt as though I'd been sent to hell! This is nearly 30 years ago and I would have hoped that the powers that be would have had some solutions to it by now - if men suffered it I'm sure that they would have.
    Unfortunately I can't offer any advice for dealing with it other than to say that it does eventually pass. I did take anti depressants and think they helped a bit. If the ones you've been on don't agree with you there are loads of others that the Dr could try you on. It's not easy but continue with the meditation, walks and keep telling yourself that 'this too will pass' ((((hugs)))) XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 25th May 19, 4:36 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Animals always know when you're feeling low and try to give comfort. When I had cats as a child they were always rubbing around my ankles or headbutting me when I was feeling down. They're so sweet and giving .
    Originally posted by HairyHandofDartmoor
    They certainly do don't they,I feel bad though because I read an article the other day that said our mood affects the mood of our dogs,if we are feeling low they will too😟so now im worried I'm making the dog depressed 😟
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £1,993 Total Now Owed = £15,637
    Emergency Fund = £1,600 Xmas savings = £350 Start Weight 4/6/19 = 10 ST 11LB
    Current Weight = 10 ST 9 LB
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 25th May 19, 4:37 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    I'm sure the sleep and the walks and the animals are all excellent therapy. It's also free Vitamin D time, so stock up while the sun shines.

Really hope you and DD have now seen the worst of it and things look better soon. x
    Originally posted by Cherryfudge
    I've been fully making use off the free vit D at the moment,today has been a scorcher
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £1,993 Total Now Owed = £15,637
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 25th May 19, 4:43 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Glad to see you back posting OBL. How horrible for you to be feeling like this. It has made me wonder if a couple of tearful episodes I have had lately are menopause related. I have had to have my m*rena coil removed and since then have been really quite low at times, emotional (I thought the first outburst was due to a couple of gins), and have been doing a bit of emotional spending. I bought a flipping bread maker the other day. I used to do this when I had pmt. I will look into the herb you mentioned. If there are any books you can recommend I would be grateful.

So itís either pmt I think, or peri menopause. The coil has been great in masking all theses symptoms for the past 6 years.

I hope you will be feeling better soon x
    Originally posted by arsenalbarnie
    More than likely is the case Ab, I have had the urge to spend but so far have managed to only buy things I need and was going to buy anyway, do you need a bread maker and if not can you take it back,I used to shop when I had PMT it was a nightmare

The book I've just read was called Is It Me Or Is It Hot In Here by Jenny Murray,I've had it for a few years so it might not be the most up to date book out there but it's full of good advice and has helped me feel a bit more positive about things.my GP pointed me in the direction of the Menopause Matters site and forum and that's quite good for advice from people who are actually going through it
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 25th May 19, 4:47 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Hi OBL
    I can totally empathise with the feelings you have. I was 'pushed' into menopause in my early 40s by having to have an hysterectomy and wasn't allowed HRT as the op was because of cancer. I felt as though I'd been sent to hell! This is nearly 30 years ago and I would have hoped that the powers that be would have had some solutions to it by now - if men suffered it I'm sure that they would have.
    Unfortunately I can't offer any advice for dealing with it other than to say that it does eventually pass. I did take anti depressants and think they helped a bit. If the ones you've been on don't agree with you there are loads of others that the Dr could try you on. It's not easy but continue with the meditation, walks and keep telling yourself that 'this too will pass' ((((hugs)))) XX
    Originally posted by Chrystal
    Yep if men had to go through this there would be loads of help available, funny you should mention the saying This too shall Pass,I've just adopted it as my mantra for working with the chronic pain,I'm thinking of having it tattooed backwards on my forehead so whenever I look in the mirror I see it
    The less brave version of me is currently looking for a nice cross stitch of the saying but I can't find one I like,I might have to have a go at designing my own
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 25th May 19, 5:07 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    I've just been out for the day with my eldest DD and although we had a nice day it was a bit stressful, she keeps going onto me about my house and if I've thought about my living arrangements for when I retire,I only own half my house so when I retire I will still have to pay rent on the other half, she thinks I should sell it now and buy something smaller with a small mortgage, the only problem is I wouldn't get a mortgage now because of my credit rating due to being in a DMP,she doesn't know about my debt though so can't see the problem
    She is actually being very sensible but I don't know how to get round it I only owe £15,000 on my mortgage now and bought this house really cheaply back in the early 90s,it was £49,500 back then and is now worth about £220,000 I would get half of any profit split with the housing society who own the other half,this would not be enough to buy another property without a small mortgage but I would have a big deposit

I managed to fob her off but she is going to keep on about it unless I come up with a sensible reason not to do it, this house is not practical for me to live in as its at the top of a massive hill, has loads of steps up to it,is slightly to big and has a large garden I won't be able to manage when I'm older,I would love to move to somewhere flat with a small garden but the prices are ridiculous
    Maybe I should just investigate it so I know exactly what I'm dealing with,it's just extra stress I could do without really

I also introduced into the conversation that I haven't been feeling too good mentally and she just didn't say anything, we were in the car so weren't sitting chatting but she literally didn't comment,she just started talking about a car driver who cut her up and then it was forgotten,I don't expect her to do anything but some verbal support would be nice,she just started going on about how she hopes she feels ok when she goes through the menopause
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 25th May 19, 5:51 PM
    • 4,959 Posts
    • 28,505 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi OBL,
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad time with the menopause. It's an odd time, isn't it, in that some people sail through it & others have a lot of problems. I'm not sure I can help. We are a similar age - I had my last Monthly Present three months before my 52nd birthday & being now three years on from that, I have to say I've not really been suffering any symptoms. We're all different, aren't we? My awful time was the perimenopause. My forties were a monthly struggle with hormonal migraines, overwhelming bouts of tiredness, PMS in which I would feel detached from reality & general faintness & yuk as soon as the damn thing started. I talked to my Mum about the menopause & she said she had some nights where she felt 'a bit hot' but that she hadn't experienced any other issues.
    I have had the very occasional hot flush, but very mild, with no visible reddening, & you know, I've noticed that these definitely follow a large junky meal with alcohol. I eat quite a lot of fruit & veg, pulses, nuts, avocado, wholegrain, etc, & I'm guessing this is helpful for hormone balance. I am also capable of falling spectacularly off the dietary wagon & indulging myself on foods which are bad for me & I'm more likely to feel a bit 'flushy' & generally wobbly then, but the latter is probably blood sugar, as I do always need to eat a sensible snack mid-morning & mid-afternoon to keep that nice & even. I've never tested positive for diabetes, but if my blood sugar dips too low, I start to get symptoms which are similar to anxiety, so that's maybe worth trying?
    Anyway, I was sorry to hear you are feeling so low. Re your daughter's questions about your house, perhaps you could just say something like "I'm aware that I'll need to make some decisions, but I don't feel I want to talk about it at the moment" & just repeat this more firmly if the subject is raised again. You don't want to be bounced into anything.
    Sending positive vibes,
    F xx
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £304 2018 = £418 2019 = £124
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 25th May 19, 6:43 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Hi OBL,
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad time with the menopause. It's an odd time, isn't it, in that some people sail through it & others have a lot of problems. I'm not sure I can help. We are a similar age - I had my last Monthly Present three months before my 52nd birthday & being now three years on from that, I have to say I've not really been suffering any symptoms. We're all different, aren't we? My awful time was the perimenopause. My forties were a monthly struggle with hormonal migraines, overwhelming bouts of tiredness, PMS in which I would feel detached from reality & general faintness & yuk as soon as the damn thing started. I talked to my Mum about the menopause & she said she had some nights where she felt 'a bit hot' but that she hadn't experienced any other issues.
    I have had the very occasional hot flush, but very mild, with no visible reddening, & you know, I've noticed that these definitely follow a large junky meal with alcohol. I eat quite a lot of fruit & veg, pulses, nuts, avocado, wholegrain, etc, & I'm guessing this is helpful for hormone balance. I am also capable of falling spectacularly off the dietary wagon & indulging myself on foods which are bad for me & I'm more likely to feel a bit 'flushy' & generally wobbly then, but the latter is probably blood sugar, as I do always need to eat a sensible snack mid-morning & mid-afternoon to keep that nice & even. I've never tested positive for diabetes, but if my blood sugar dips too low, I start to get symptoms which are similar to anxiety, so that's maybe worth trying?
    Anyway, I was sorry to hear you are feeling so low. Re your daughter's questions about your house, perhaps you could just say something like "I'm aware that I'll need to make some decisions, but I don't feel I want to talk about it at the moment" & just repeat this more firmly if the subject is raised again. You don't want to be bounced into anything.
    Sending positive vibes,
    F xx
    Originally posted by foxgloves
    Hi Foxgloves, it's definitely interesting I had my latest period 4 months ago but it was very light so I'm tempted not to count it, it would have been a year if I had made it to March,I'm 56 on the 2nd of June and hoping it will stop soon

I have to admit my diet is rubbish at the moment and I really need to sort it out, perhaps this will give me the kick up the bum I need,when I was having periods properly I used to have raging PMT so I suppose the menopause was destined to be a pain in the butt,I was thinking I would sail through it as I actually see it as a really positive event in a woman's life,I never expected to feel so down about it,I'm now thinking it's a combination of not being in tip top health anyway the menopause and not being that happy with my job which I know I can't leave,I sure I will get through this and posting on here will help

I need to get on with the things that need doing in my house and get back into doing my hobbies instead of wasting time online, eat some healthy food and reframe my attitude to my job,I get so worked up before a shift and I don't know why,I quite like what I do,I work with good people and although it can be extremely stressful I can normally cope with that, but at the moment I just want to curl up and hibernate........it's summer for gods sake.......I can't be hibernating now ,I don't feel tired as such but I have no enthusiasm for anything ,I just can't be bothered at all to even make a start on any of the things I want to do let alone need to do,maybe I just need to force myself and my enthusiasm will come back

I've just done an online valuation for my house and it came up as £250,000 according to the Land Registry and £205,000 according to a local estate agent,I then went and looked at properties and even with that I can't afford anything here, that is apart from a rather nice little parkhome on a nearby site near a little town that I love, you can't get a mortgage to buy them so it would have to be cash though,it does ties in with my tiny house vision though
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 25th May 19, 7:01 PM
    • 9,815 Posts
    • 77,962 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Hi Foxgloves, it's definitely interesting I had my latest period 4 months ago but it was very light so I'm tempted not to count it, it would have been a year if I had made it to March,I'm 56 on the 2nd of June and hoping it will stop soon

I have to admit my diet is rubbish at the moment and I really need to sort it out, perhaps this will give me the kick up the bum I need,when I was having periods properly I used to have raging PMT so I suppose the menopause was destined to be a pain in the butt,I was thinking I would sail through it as I actually see it as a really positive event in a woman's life,I never expected to feel so down about it,I'm now thinking it's a combination of not being in tip top health anyway the menopause and not being that happy with my job which I know I can't leave,I sure I will get through this and posting on here will help

I need to get on with the things that need doing in my house and get back into doing my hobbies instead of wasting time online, eat some healthy food and reframe my attitude to my job,I get so worked up before a shift and I don't know why,I quite like what I do,I work with good people and although it can be extremely stressful I can normally cope with that, but at the moment I just want to curl up and hibernate........it's summer for gods sake.......I can't be hibernating now ,I don't feel tired as such but I have no enthusiasm for anything ,I just can't be bothered at all to even make a start on any of the things I want to do let alone need to do,maybe I just need to force myself and my enthusiasm will come back

I've just done an online valuation for my house and it came up as £250,000 according to the Land Registry and £205,000 according to a local estate agent,I then went and looked at properties and even with that I can't afford anything here, that is apart from a rather nice little parkhome on a nearby site near a little town that I love, you can't get a mortgage to buy them so it would have to be cash though,it does ties in with my tiny house vision though
    Originally posted by Onebrokelady
    I do think a good diet helps with depression. I think the only reason I'm coping with losing my mum (apart from support from DH and the DC) is that I haven't touched alcohol since she died ten months ago and I rarely eat sugar. Both alcohol and sugar give me mood swings which I can't cope with at the moment. Also I do quite a lot of exercise and go to bed and get up at more or less the same time and have my meals at regular times. This sounds a bit intense but if it stops me feeling depressed then it's worth it.

I think you're right that if you force yourself to do something around the house then it will make you feel better in time.

I think what Foxgloves said you should say to DD1 is a really good idea. DD1 may feel uncomfortable talking about depression but that doesn't mean she doesn't love you. Some people just can't cope with talking aboout things like that.

Don't worry about your house at the moment. Thing are constantly changing and evolving. You may inherit some money, or get a windfall, or find a way of making money on the side. Maybe DD1 or DD2 will get rich and support you . This is not the time to worry about that.

Don't worry about depressing the dog, the dog wants to help you feel better and dogs love to help humans so let her help you without worrying about it. The dog's emotions are less intense and complex than yours.

It definitely will pass and it does sound like it's menopause related. So don't give up hope, you will get through this .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £4,105/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £2,005/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £129.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £150. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £50
    • arsenalbarnie
    • By arsenalbarnie 25th May 19, 8:22 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    arsenalbarnie
    Some lovely supportive advice from everyone for you OBL. Thank you for the book and website advice. As for the bread maker it has been a real hit. They have come a long way from the one I had 20 years ago. I must watch my consumption though as the scales will go the wrong way. I must watch my spending though.

If your DD asks again, maybe say you will get a lodger if you havenít moved. Would you consider moving to a cheaper area?

I hope youíre feeling a bit more upbeat soon.
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 25th May 19, 9:36 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    I do think a good diet helps with depression. I think the only reason I'm coping with losing my mum (apart from support from DH and the DC) is that I haven't touched alcohol since she died ten months ago and I rarely eat sugar. Both alcohol and sugar give me mood swings which I can't cope with at the moment. Also I do quite a lot of exercise and go to bed and get up at more or less the same time and have my meals at regular times. This sounds a bit intense but if it stops me feeling depressed then it's worth it.

I think you're right that if you force yourself to do something around the house then it will make you feel better in time.

I think what Foxgloves said you should say to DD1 is a really good idea. DD1 may feel uncomfortable talking about depression but that doesn't mean she doesn't love you. Some people just can't cope with talking aboout things like that.

Don't worry about your house at the moment. Thing are constantly changing and evolving. You may inherit some money, or get a windfall, or find a way of making money on the side. Maybe DD1 or DD2 will get rich and support you . This is not the time to worry about that.

Don't worry about depressing the dog, the dog wants to help you feel better and dogs love to help humans so let her help you without worrying about it. The dog's emotions are less intense and complex than yours.

It definitely will pass and it does sound like it's menopause related. So don't give up hope, you will get through this .
    Originally posted by HairyHandofDartmoor
    Awwww Hairy your such a thoughtful person to take the time to post advice despite going through the grieving process at the moment,I am taking it it all in and it is as usual good advice so thank you so much x

Diet definitely does help with mood,we had a seminar for the staff at work about it last month but I wasn't able to go which I was annoyed about, fortunately I don't drink very often because since going through the menopause it doesn't really agree with me and I feel awful the next day even after just one drink,it also makes my face itch and burn the last time I had a drink was when we went out for DDs birthday in March,I don't actually miss it much either,sometimes I fancy a nice cold cider when it's hot but I'm just as happy with a nice glass of apple juice to be honest

Now sugar is my drug of choice and I really must try to get it out of my diet,I use Splenda sweetener at the moment but that's just as bad,I was only talking about my sugar problem today and how I need to cut it down,mind you I used to have three sugars in my tea but now have a level teaspoon,the problem is I drink gallons of tea and coffee everyday so it adds up

As for the dog she certainly isn't feeling stressed out today because she is currently snoring her head off on the settee,she sounds like my ex
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 25th May 19, 9:53 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Some lovely supportive advice from everyone for you OBL. Thank you for the book and website advice. As for the bread maker it has been a real hit. They have come a long way from the one I had 20 years ago. I must watch my consumption though as the scales will go the wrong way. I must watch my spending though.

If your DD asks again, maybe say you will get a lodger if you havenít moved. Would you consider moving to a cheaper area?

I hope youíre feeling a bit more upbeat soon.
    Thanks AB, I have had some really good advice from the lovely people on here and Im making a list of things to concentrate on
    I just noticed the books authors first name ends with an I and not a y as I said,although I'm sure it will come up if you google it, there are probably loads more out there now but that's the only one I've read,apparently Germaine Greer also has a good one although it's quite old now,it's called The Change:Women,Ageing and The Menopause, I might try to find that one because I think it might be a sort of battle cry for women kind of book so probably quite empowering

I've always wanted a bread maker but haven't bought one because I would eat bread all the time and probably nothing else,I looked at one that made jam too, but decided that was probably an even worse idea

I have actually seriously thought about taking in a lodger when my younger DD moves out, there are so many people at my hospital that need accommodation and I also live not far from the city's university so there is another possible income stream, my eldest DD is always trying to get me to sell my house, she is right in a couple of ways, there are a lot of steps which I will struggle with when I'm older and I will still have to pay the rent when I retire even though the mortgage will be paid off, the way she sees it is if I buy somewhere I won't have to pay that rent anymore
    I would consider moving somewhere cheaper so long as it's on a reliable bus route to work,it's cheap where my DD lives but I wouldn't be able to get to work at the weekend, once I retire though I don't mind where I live really
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 25th May 19, 10:07 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Right,I've had a productive evening today,I bought a new in cupboard kitchen bin from ikea today which I had left on the kitchen floor intending to sort out another time but I made myself clean out the cupboard and put it where it's supposed to go so that's one job done

I've baked myself a potato to have with cheese at work tomorrow and I've added some of the salad leaves that I've been growing in the garden and some tomato's,I haven't got any on my plants yet so these are from Mr S

I've also tidied and cleaned the kitchen, the rest of the house will have to wait because its too late now

Im working tomorrow and we are having our annual deep clean so I'm going to be busy helping with that all day

I then have Monday and Tuesday off,I'm going riding again on Monday morning,I booked it yesterday and since then I've just wanted to cancel it and not go,I don't know why because I love it but the thought of going feels like too much effort, I am going though despite this because I know once I get on the horse I will feel so much better, the horse I'm riding is called Dougal and he is really sweet, the girl that took me last time was lovely and the people there are friendly so there is no logic in not going
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 25th May 19, 10:14 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    This is something that tells you the state of my mind at the moment although it did make me smile

Earlier on I had to book my taxi for work and I started to put the number into my phone only to look down and see it was actually the calculator 🙄😀
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 26th May 19, 7:41 AM
    • 164 Posts
    • 1,046 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    OBL I think eating healthily is so important to your health, state of mind etc. My family and I are having a very rough patch at the minute . Work is very stressful , normally I would want to hide but for the past few weeks my shopping has consisted of lots of fruit and veg. I am coping with with most of what's going on. Take your vitamin pills , I rarely touch alcohol so not an issue. As for the menopause I was lucky and have sailed through it apart from terrible sleep pattern, which I just accept now and brain fog. Can you be referred for some help with your mental health ? As for your home , I think you need to pay your DMP off and then make plans for retirement . I have the problem of renting in retirement, not ideal at all but until I know my retirement plans I haven't though that far on.

Hope work is ok today .
    • arsenalbarnie
    • By arsenalbarnie 26th May 19, 8:35 AM
    • 367 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    arsenalbarnie
    Iíve just bought one on my k1ndle called ĎSo thatís why Iím bonkersí quite apt for me.

Eew deep cleaning. Hated doing that when I worked in theatres years ago. But it will make the day wizz by.Enjoy your riding.
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 26th May 19, 9:47 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 11,147 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Iíve just bought one on my k1ndle called ĎSo thatís why Iím bonkersí quite apt for me.

Eew deep cleaning. Hated doing that when I worked in theatres years ago. But it will make the day wizz by.Enjoy your riding.

I think I might have that one on my kindle too,it sounds familiar

I always forget when the deep clean is on so always end up getting roped in to help, I've found out it's always on the last week of May so I booking holiday for next year the day did go really quickly though,my arms are killing me though from scrubbing for hours
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,916Posts Today

6,991Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LeedsWomensAid: We are pleased to see @MartinSLewis raising awareness about the important issue of financial abuse. Have a read of his?

• Didn't get your MSE weekly email today - for some reason Microsoft (inc outlook hotmail) filed many as spam so chec? https://t.co/GH6aH9CBTn

• RT @Gumtree: @MartinSLewis Hi Martin, we do not tolerate unscrupulous advertising by third parties on the Gumtree platform and are working?

• Follow Martin