Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 1:23 PM
    • 9,418Posts
    • 22,339Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 1:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 1:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 8:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 226
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@Schnurrbart – Thanks for your understanding, as you say the lack of rumblings certainly didn’t help and if we have any inclination of what was to be we would have contacted members urging them to spend any money they had left as we have done with similar situations with other providers.

I don’t suppose you still have a link to what you purchased do you? (Feel free to email it to me at mse@topcashback.co.uk if you don’t want to publicly share) That will help me to identify the best category for this purchase for you.

@stemcgoo – I mean, of course, I’m going to be biased here but the term useless suggests that we have no ability to assist with claims which is just far from the truth. We recover millions of pounds for our members through the claims process and not only that have made changes internally to make things better.

Of course, there are some very frustrating situations for us when no matter how much we push we’re not getting an outcome we can give to you and this does put us in a tricky situation.

Ultimately, it comes down to one decision, do we give up or do we continue to fight your corner until we get somewhere. Other sites may feel the cheaper and quickest option is to just give up, we don’t and yes this does mean you’re waiting longer but we believe that long wait is better if it leads to something positive.

Of course, we can’t always guarantee it will be a success when we get that final outcome but we’d rather do everything we can to get you a positive result. If you would like me to check out your claim please do drop me a message at mse@topcashback.co.uk

@Molineux99 – Cashback is not a lottery but that doesn’t make it guaranteed. Apart from very rare cases such as retailer administrations, if you follow our advice to help tracking, there’s little reason why your cashback will be declined.

Of course we can’t run through everything on your device which may be putting cookies on your device but it is something the owner of the device should be able to do.

I am happy to explain what I think has happened with Expedia. You clicked through us to get the purchase, you gained our cookie. All is well. Cashback paid as expected.

The issue here is the second purchase, no doubt cookies weren’t cleared or you purchased straight away in the same window. The Expedia site itself will likely be credited with the sale as that website was the cause of you making that second sale, not us. Therefore, we’re not seen as the last referrer.

You may be able to find who the referrer is from the retailer, doing the usual steps to gather all the data the retailer holds on you but we can’t necessarily provide that information as the majority of the times the tracking network will not be willing to share with us information about a competitor.

Not last referrer is a dead end, would it be right for us to drag things out for another year or so knowing you’re going to get the same response back? Your post makes very clear here you don’t like waiting for claims to be resolved and so I don’t think you’d agree with us doing this.

MSE has a great resource about cashback sites and all the pros and cons, it’s an interesting read and also explains, as we do that cashback is not guaranteed. https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites/

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 9th May 19, 8:04 PM
    • 685 Posts
    • 390 Thanks
    diamond dave
    Topcashback compare insurance
    Last December I went through Topcashback Compare for a contents insurance quote. Previously I was with Swinton insurance but as Axa was offering 24.50 c/b I went with Axa. I also signed up for the 3.00bonus.As I get new quotes every year, I always clear cookies etc before purchasing etc,etc. I have now been told by Lauren that no cash back can be paid as " ..you renewed direct with retailer". As these are 2 different companies and I purchased the policy through TCB how can you say that no cash back can be paid? I have a complete record of the purchase and my account clearly shows the click through to Axa.Please investigated.
    Hi everyone,

@Diamond Dave - Can you email me across at mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can take a much closer look into that for you?

Many thanks,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Molineux99
    • By Molineux99 12th May 19, 8:04 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Molineux99
    Lottery wins are not guaranteed either that's why they're called lotteries. If cashback isn't guaranteed, (but all along the process its clearly suggested) then that's a lottery.

Did anyone contact Agoda to find out who they paid their commission out to ? You've already said they did so this is the second time of asking ....who got it ?

How are you managing to suggest all is well and good when this entire thread and endless google searches reveal cashback not being paid all over the place in a significant amount of cases.
    Hi everyone,

@Molineux99 - If you submit the normal request for information you can do to the retailer they should be able to provide you with the information you're looking for.

We operate this business because we can see the millions of people we help each year. Sure, there are some disappointed people who are more than happy to share their experiences but on top of that, there are plenty more people who are incredibly satisfied with the service they receive.

I mean, talk about putting your money where your mouth is, I was a member of TopCashback, a year before I started to work here. I am aware of where issues can arise but also aware of how to prevent those issues.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • EmilyRoo
    • By EmilyRoo 22nd May 19, 3:39 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EmilyRoo
    Hi,

I’ve just signed up to topcashback site using a personal email address, however sometimes when I am booking travel and hotel rooms I need to use my business email address, should I sign up to topcashback with a business email or does the email address not matter?

Thanks, EmilyRoo
    Hey everyone,

@EmilyRoo - Using your business email won't affect cashback but you may just want to run past your company if they're ok you earning cashback on business bookings or whether they wish for you to have a work account where the money goes back to the business

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • deefadog
    • By deefadog 24th May 19, 9:50 AM
    • 2,145 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    deefadog
    Hi all, Quick question on cashback from Direct line, i have a quote saved, but can i go from TCB to direct line and retrive quote and buy or should i go through a new quote to get the cashback, just wondered what the best option was.

Thanks all

Hey Everyone

@Deefadog We would advise that if you are purchasing directly with the retailer and not going through TopCashback Compare to clear all browser data and click through to make a fresh new quote with the retailer before purchasing it.

We hope you all have a great bank holiday weekend

Best wishes

Phil
    • deefadog
    • By deefadog 24th May 19, 1:38 PM
    • 2,145 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    deefadog
    Thank you! have a lovely weekend

Hey Everyone

@Deefadog We would advise that if you are purchasing directly with the retailer and not going through TopCashback Compare to clear all browser data and click through to make a fresh new quote with the retailer before purchasing it.

We hope you all have a great bank holiday weekend

Best wishes

Phil
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative

• POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 28th May 19, 6:34 AM
    • 12,870 Posts
    • 28,579 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Hi TCB

I purchased a TopGiftcard.

It tracked at 0.00 and has confirmed at 0.00.

Advice please. Thank you.
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - it suggests the retailer believes you got a refund or something like that and so please lodge a claim if this wasn't the case.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 29th May 19, 3:27 PM
    • 12,870 Posts
    • 28,579 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - it suggests the retailer believes you got a refund or something like that and so please lodge a claim if this wasn't the case.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    How can you get a refund on a gift card?

It tracked and confirmed at at the same time.

This was through TopGiftCards.

Something is not right with your tracking.

I tried to submit a claim but even that is not right as it is showing the wrong amount to be claimed.

I had a confirmation email dated 27th May the date I purchased it confirming the amount.
    Last edited by POPPYOSCAR; 29-05-2019 at 3:46 PM.
    Hi everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - I am sorry you think something is wrong with the tracking but with your individual purchase being like this and not something happening en-masse with the retailer it suggests we're not eligible for the cashback. A failed transaction is one potential with this.

I believe the cashback for this retailer is decided on the basis of the claim and we just have to put a standard rate in when you lodge a claim and so please don't worry if it's lower than expected.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 30th May 19, 4:13 PM
    • 12,870 Posts
    • 28,579 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Hi everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - I am sorry you think something is wrong with the tracking but with your individual purchase being like this and not something happening en-masse with the retailer it suggests we're not eligible for the cashback. A failed transaction is one potential with this.

I believe the cashback for this retailer is decided on the basis of the claim and we just have to put a standard rate in when you lodge a claim and so please don't worry if it's lower than expected.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am really not understanding this at all.

I buy a gift card through topgiftcards. I get an email confirming my purchase and the cashback.

How can TCB not be eligible? It is through you, the link is through you. I have an email from you confirming it. I have an email from you with the gift card .
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - Although the branding is TopGiftCards, the cashback is not supplied by us directly as the service is provided by a different company. They manage the programme and they award the commission to us which we pass as cashback.

You really do need to lodge a claim to get this raised as I can give you possibilities of why it's been declined but I can't tell you why it's been declined or if we can get this overturned. This can only be done if you lodge a claim.

Regards,
    Matt
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 31st May 19, 1:36 PM
    • 12,870 Posts
    • 28,579 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - Although the branding is TopGiftCards, the cashback is not supplied by us directly as the service is provided by a different company. They manage the programme and they award the commission to us which we pass as cashback.

You really do need to lodge a claim to get this raised as I can give you possibilities of why it's been declined but I can't tell you why it's been declined or if we can get this overturned. This can only be done if you lodge a claim.

Regards,
    Matt
    Yes I have lodged a claim.

There is something about this that is not right.

Why are all the emails headed Topcashback confirming the purchase and then showing the giftcard if it is a different company?

I do not understand how or why it can be declined. It tracked as confirmed at 0.00. almost immediately even though my email from you showed 32p.'discount'
    • hannahp
    • By hannahp 1st Jun 19, 6:52 PM
    • 835 Posts
    • 34,445 Thanks
    hannahp
    2 years waiting for TCB to get TUI to pay out the correct amount!
    As the title says I have been waiting 2 years for TCB to get TUI holidays to pay 4.5% cashback (the advertised rate) on a holiday costing in excess of 3000, the pay out I recieved was only 1% which I believe is the usual offering from TUI.

Despite repeated queries from me I am incredulous at TCB thus far having been unable to get the advertised payout rate and that they have allowed Tui to repeat the offer when they have any customers awaiting the offer being honoured !!!

Also the regular 'I'm currently chasing all outstanding claims' that are noted on my claim file are hilarious as I have had several of these over the 2 years and clearly the chasing has no effect !!!

I might understand if I was waiting to be paid out in entirety but its the incorrect amount that's getting me angry it's like one company or the other were hoping I wouldn't notice (or care) about the amount/percentage

This has undermined my confidence in TCBs ability to 'police' the offers as this dispute is not about tracking etc ( although I was strangely asked to verify these, even though I had already received a payment! )

It's about getting the correct amount, it's obviously very easy for TCB to check this!

So where is the problem?

Also is there actually anyone who does 'chase' problems and why are they not succeeding?
    Last edited by hannahp; 01-06-2019 at 7:11 PM. Reason: additional info
    Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.

Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR – We do have on the front page a question that says ‘who provides the gift card’ we have put that We are working in partnership with Gift Cloud, who will supply the gift card to you. In addition, this is listed in the privacy and terms and conditions area of the site.

@hannahp – I do understand you are frustrated and I am sorry for the time this is taking.

We hold the member experience very close to our hearts and we have and do remove retailers that have no interest in fairness or coughing up the money.

That being said, we can’t confuse the above with the transactions where for one reason or another the tracking network does not believe we’re eligible for the cashback amount the member expected.

Whether this is because another site has been partly paid the commission or whether it’s something like the tracking network believes the order fits in a better category. When this happens it doesn’t affect all members and in fact a very small portion of this.

Just because it’s a small number of members, it doesn’t mean there is no urgency there but at the end of the day, we think it’s better than to be persistent than passive with situations like this.

We’re not going to just roll over and accept a bad response if we don’t think there are grounds to do that and while yes that does lead to a longer wait, we think that this is an important compromise we need to make.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Jun 19, 10:01 AM
    • 30,930 Posts
    • 64,692 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I'm really PO'd.

I bought through Amazon nearly a month ago via TCB and have just reviewed the account - no credit whatsoever. But I did see a prominent message saying that my Grace Plus membership is coming to an end tomorrow. This is all a load of nonsense because its a site that hasn't worked for me full stop.

Saving money shouldn't require intense scrutiny!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,901Posts Today

5,270Users online

Martin's Twitter