Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 249
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 23rd May 19, 9:58 AM
    • 2,298 Posts
    • 1,095 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    balance transfer could be used to clear an overdraft if you have two credit cards. Money transfer is better but can be done with balance transfer.

Use the non BT card to transfer money to something like paypal, then from paypal to bank to clear the overdraft. Then BT from the card used on paypal to BT card.
    • FirstTimer4Me
    • By FirstTimer4Me 23rd May 19, 1:50 PM
    • 1,060 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    FirstTimer4Me
    Hello,

I'm not that clued up on interest rates so looking for some help,

I have a Barclaycard Platinum Vis CC, credit limit £8K, balance £7K

Due to employment / health issues, I'm now making the minimum monthly payments pm, currently, BC charge 25.2% apr - 1.89% pm,

Iíve called BC (off shore) and theyíve refused to lower the interest rate

Given my CC limit & outstanding balance, am I able to get a balance transfer to another CC company?
    • Hayleyb1983
    • By Hayleyb1983 4th Jun 19, 9:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hayleyb1983
    Old debt first?
    i have an MBNA card that has half of the balance at standard APR and the other half on a promotional rate. I have been offered another balance transfer with a different existing card company which I would like to take advantage of, but my questions is will MBNA transfer the old debt over and leave the promotional balance as it hasnít expired yet? Or do they move over the newest debt? It only makes sense for me to do the transfer if I can transfer the old debt but I canít find the answer anywhere.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 4th Jun 19, 9:31 PM
    • 22,462 Posts
    • 24,631 Thanks
    zx81
    It will pay off the highest rate debt.
    • CAndrew
    • By CAndrew 12th Jun 19, 12:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CAndrew
    Received Cash Back
    Anybody take up the HSBC 32 month 0% 1.4% fee from here that claimed here would be a £25 cashback through MSE link?

I did and am struggling to get HSBC to honour it. Anybody else been successful or had same issue? The deal is not on here anymore but wasnít long ago it was.
    Originally posted by Daggo87
    Like you, I was wondering about my Cash Back and could no longer find the relevant page on MSE.
    I took out my HSBC Credit Card on Jan 14th and finally received the £25 Cash Back on May 31st - I didn't have to chase HSBC for it.
    • martindevon
    • By martindevon 18th Jun 19, 2:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    martindevon
    I contacted them by email they tried to get me to call them .I declined and told them i want reply in writing. I was advertised on thier web site you did not need to use link to get it. I had to chase first direct in past for similar issue. will keep at them
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,328Posts Today

7,679Users online

Martin's Twitter