Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bokdrol
    • By bokdrol 5th Mar 19, 1:21 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 46Thanks
    bokdrol
    Another UKPC "Leaving Site" PCN, another cancellation
    • 5th Mar 19, 1:21 PM
    Another UKPC "Leaving Site" PCN, another cancellation 5th Mar 19 at 1:21 PM
    Got another one of these ridiculous PCN,s - decided to amend the standard template appeal by adding a pre-emptive "go and do one" in the form of " Please don't bother sending me a request for driver details and proof of site usage as neither will be forthcoming" - needless to say this was ignored and I received the request from them- sent the second appeal putting them to strict proof of the "transgression" committed - then received their template response of " based on the evidence submitted we have cancelled the parking charge" which I found rather amusing considering there was no evidence submitted.
    The long and the short of it is that you have to let these lowlifes know that you aren't going to be intimidated by them and the chances are good that they will go away.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Mar 19, 2:58 PM
    • 73,495 Posts
    • 85,603 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Mar 19, 2:58 PM
    • 5th Mar 19, 2:58 PM
    Well done.

Scam baiting is quite fun when you know how, isn't it?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Mar 19, 3:02 PM
    • 13,488 Posts
    • 13,842 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 5th Mar 19, 3:02 PM
    • 5th Mar 19, 3:02 PM
    Just to bait them further, complain to your MP.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • bokdrol
    • By bokdrol 6th Mar 19, 8:48 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    bokdrol
    • 6th Mar 19, 8:48 AM
    • 6th Mar 19, 8:48 AM
    Yes it is.
    Tried a new approach - when I found the ticket on te windscreen I went looking for the "warden" in his natural habitat - the dustbins behind the site.
    Don't know whether he was called away to a nuclear physics convention or whether he didn't fancy confronting 18 stone of irate South African, but either way he was nowhere to be found.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Mar 19, 8:57 AM
    • 13,488 Posts
    • 13,842 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Mar 19, 8:57 AM
    • 6th Mar 19, 8:57 AM
    In truth they had very little choice,

Leaving site is almost impossible for them to win. They must prove that all the occupants of the car left the site, not just the driver. That someone warned the motorist of the financial consequences of leaving site, (mitigation of loss), that it is not an unfair term in a consumer contract, and that it is not contrary to the Human Rights Act.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2150607/Landmark-parking-case-means-thousands-overturn-fines.html

Let us suppose that your brand new Monte Christo Panama hat , (£300 in Herrods), blows off site, do you not run after it. Of course you do, silly PPC persons.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Mar 19, 9:20 AM
    • 11,442 Posts
    • 15,541 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 6th Mar 19, 9:20 AM
    • 6th Mar 19, 9:20 AM
    Yes it is.
    Tried a new approach - when I found the ticket on te windscreen I went looking for the "warden" in his natural habitat - the dustbins behind the site.
    Don't know whether he was called away to a nuclear physics convention or whether he didn't fancy confronting 18 stone of irate South African, but either way he was nowhere to be found.
    Originally posted by bokdrol
    So funny ... good for you

It is sad that such morons remain morons
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Grumpyme
    • By Grumpyme 4th Apr 19, 6:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Grumpyme
    • 4th Apr 19, 6:26 PM
    • 4th Apr 19, 6:26 PM
    Please can somebody help me ....I cannot find the template letter. I received a NTK regarding leaving site (UKPC). Many thanks in advance.....itís not through lack of trying ....Iíve been on here 3 hours now.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Apr 19, 6:30 PM
    • 23,720 Posts
    • 37,949 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Apr 19, 6:30 PM
    • 4th Apr 19, 6:30 PM
    Please can somebody help me ....I cannot find the template letter. I received a NTK regarding leaving site (UKPC). Many thanks in advance.....itís not through lack of trying ....Iíve been on here 3 hours now.
    Originally posted by Grumpyme
    From Coupon-madís post above, her forum Ďsignatureí at the bottom each of her posts guides everyone to the sticky which contains the initial appeal template.

Hereís what it says:

Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Grumpyme
    • By Grumpyme 4th Apr 19, 6:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Grumpyme
    • 4th Apr 19, 6:32 PM
    • 4th Apr 19, 6:32 PM
    Thank you so much x
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Apr 19, 7:09 PM
    • 73,495 Posts
    • 85,603 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Why can't people see my signature? Can you see it?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 4th Apr 19, 7:31 PM
    • 11,442 Posts
    • 15,541 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Originally posted by Grumpyme
    Grumpy ...... you want help then start your own thread, this thread is not yours
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,677Users online

Martin's Twitter