Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    cockneysean
    What time do the various banks update our balances?
    • 15th Sep 11, 8:20 PM
    What time do the various banks update our balances? 15th Sep 11 at 8:20 PM
    Hi,

I'm having a problem with an incoming BACS transfer in another thread, and I bank with Barclays.

I would like to know what time they update your balance so I can check if the money has indeed arrived.

I thought that this would be a popular question, so I have made a thread here where we can post what time the different banks update balances.

I will kick off with what I know....

Natwest updates at 2:40am without fail.

Santander updates anywhere between 11:00pm BST and 01:00 BST. This changes accordingly when the clocks go back. I will say though that they normally update pretty regularly at the earlier time that I have mentioned above.

So, who can tell me what time Barclays do it?
Page 1
    • stclair
    • By stclair 15th Sep 11, 8:25 PM
    • 6,529 Posts
    • 3,464 Thanks
    stclair
    • 15th Sep 11, 8:25 PM
    • 15th Sep 11, 8:25 PM
    Barclays update their system about 01.30 in the morning (from my own experience).

Yorkshire Bank update their system about 23.30 in the evening.

Natwest & RBS update their system at 02.30 in the morning.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • cockneysean
    • 15th Sep 11, 8:29 PM
    That's handy to know, thank you.

I have been told by others that Barclays was at 00:15 but that was only in one post so I did not take it as gospel. How did you discover that they do it at 01:30?

I discovered that NatWest do it at the time they do due to the fact their online banking goes offline from 02:00 - 02:40 and then your new balance is showing!
  • pcombo
    bank of scotland use to be 3:30.

Cahoot are around 9pm
    • stclair
    • By stclair 15th Sep 11, 8:31 PM
    • 6,529 Posts
    • 3,464 Thanks
    stclair
    • 15th Sep 11, 8:31 PM
    • 15th Sep 11, 8:31 PM
    That's handy to know, thank you.

I have been told by others that Barclays was at 00:15 but that was only in one post so I did not take it as gospel. How did you discover that they do it at 01:30?

I discovered that NatWest do it at the time they do due to the fact their online banking goes offline from 02:00 - 02:40 and then your new balance is showing!
    Originally posted by cockneysean
    I can remember ring once and have a low balance then ring again a little while later and my balance had increased due to a credit and that was about 01.30. They put a message on the IVR to tell you that all services may not available whilst they are updating there systems.

Im getting some money paid into my Barclays account this evening so Ill ring up every half an hour from 12.00 and let you know if its still around the same time.
    Last edited by stclair; 15-09-2011 at 8:33 PM.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 15th Sep 11, 10:53 PM
    • 10,954 Posts
    • 20,690 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    • 15th Sep 11, 10:53 PM
    • 15th Sep 11, 10:53 PM
    i bank with barclays as does OH and our wages tend to show at 20 past midnight.hope that helps..
    Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate; MA English De Montfort Uni 2018- PASSED WITH MERIT!! Round 2 OU started 06/10/18, BSc Combined STEM, Year 1 E117 and DE100.
    Got Engaged 02/10/2018 Our Civil Partnership is booked for 15/02/20
    Miss you always JV
    Elle
    • stclair
    • By stclair 15th Sep 11, 11:30 PM
    • 6,529 Posts
    • 3,464 Thanks
    stclair
    • 15th Sep 11, 11:30 PM
    • 15th Sep 11, 11:30 PM
    i bank with barclays as does OH and our wages tend to show at 20 past midnight.hope that helps..
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    I never knew that I checked my balance at 00.27 and my account has now received the credit I was expecting.
  • MoneySaverLog
    • 16th Sep 11, 12:47 AM
    • 16th Sep 11, 12:47 AM
    Very early in the morning, it's now 1.47am and the usual day after payday debits have gone from lloyds tsb. I know my pay goes in just as quick.
  • Nuclear Themes
    • 16th Sep 11, 1:27 AM
    • 16th Sep 11, 1:27 AM
    I'm with Barclays and my money always arrives just past midnight which others have already confirmed. Look around quarter past and you should be good.
    • Twister84
    • By Twister84 16th Sep 11, 8:36 PM
    • 524 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Twister84
    Im getting some money paid into my Barclays account this evening so Ill ring up every half an hour from 12.00 and let you know if its still around the same time.
    Originally posted by stclair
    That phone is gonna end up sticking to your ear
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion

• stclair
    • By stclair 16th Sep 11, 8:57 PM
    • 6,529 Posts
    • 3,464 Thanks
    stclair
    That phone is gonna end up sticking to your ear
    Originally posted by Twister84
    I was more worried about using up my minutes
    • BAA1
    • By BAA1 17th Sep 11, 8:25 AM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    BAA1
    I would expect that the update time for any bank could vary based on the number of transactions that are included in the update and how busy the computer system is at the time.

Update jobs on a computer may vary in size on different days because of different tasks that the bank may have scheduled as part of the update, based on their accounting requirements.

So, I think, the time an update has completed, as observed by customers, could change significantly each time you check.
    • stclair
    • By stclair 17th Sep 11, 9:59 AM
    • 6,529 Posts
    • 3,464 Thanks
    stclair
    I would expect that the update time for any bank could vary based on the number of transactions that are included in the update and how busy the computer system is at the time.

Update jobs on a computer may vary in size on different days because of different tasks that the bank may have scheduled as part of the update, based on their accounting requirements.

So, I think, the time an update has completed, as observed by customers, could change significantly each time you check.
    Originally posted by BAA1
    I agree this may be the case for some banks. As on Thursday night I received a credit into my barclays account at 00.27. However yesterday I was expecting some debits to leave my account and they did not leave my account until 01.30 ish.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,455Posts Today

7,825Users online

Martin's Twitter