cheaper aol broadband

Options
most of you are probably aware of this but if you phone aol and say you are cancelling your subscription (going to Tiscali is a good excuse) they will imediately offer 1 meg broadband at £16.99 per month. this equates to about 30% saving on their published rates of £24.99, certainly worth a go if you want to stay with aol.

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just tried it they didn't offer me anything. Said I had been on a special £19.99 for 516mb which expired in December and wasn't getting another special.

Any tips on how to get this £16.99 a month??

AOL speeds are not that great and not worth £24.99 but £16.99 i would stay especillay since I have discovered how to log on without all the AOL bloatware on my new PC.

HELP
  • cheghead
    cheghead Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    If your really desperate get a part-time job at dixons/currys and you can have 1mb for £17.99!!
  • Hintza
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just signed up to Nildram 2mb (50Gb Cap) for £25.99. No contract (30 days)

Sounded good to me.

Was going to sign up to Pipex but they didn't answer the phone...left in a queue for ages!!
  • Den
    Den Posts: 432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On AOL for 12 months, phoned last month (11th month) to ask AOL to continue for £19.99 Gold package. But was told that they will not offer and have to carry on on £24.99.
    Phoned today and was given £19.99 Gold package 1Gb line without new 12 month contract. So can cancel at any time.
    Talk talk offers £14.99 but 12 month contract.
    Have you got something to share - Do it.
    When you don't know - Ask.
  • Hintza
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried about six times...they have lost my business.

Will never return:

I had a couple of other issues with them:-

I was quite active on EBay and they bounce (spam/bulk) all email that has EBay?PayPal in the message.

Was overseas and they wouldn't give me back my old AOL ID on my return even though they don't reissue.

Their software drives me nuts and have a new PC and haven't loaded it accessing by the back door..PC is running much faster.

Bye bye AOL
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport