Homecall Broadband (merged)

anyone use this service any comments or feedback?
phone calls and internet for 1 monthly fee cant be bad.

https://www.homecall.co.uk

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    If you take the broadband part as £20 for uncapped 512 which you can get with say Tesco for £19.97 that leaves roughly £5 for the phonecalls which can be had for free for a year with Onetel if you read Martin's thread here along with a £20 call credit :D

Then join up with 18866/1899 for very cheap daytime calls.

HTH
  • michael19_2
    michael19_2 Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Here is a letter I sent them just recently- :

Dear Mr Caudwell,

May I first say I became a customer of yours primarily because the service that was offered to me was a better service than I was getting from BT.

After signing up for the Homecall phone service I started saving money on my calls.

However problems started to arise when I ordered Broadband and Line rental from your company. I had to wait over 3 months for my broadband to be connected and was told to use the Dial-up service in the meantime until my Broadband was up and running. Please bear in mind this is after COUNTLESS calls to your call centre being passed from person to person regarding my connection.

Still I remained patient as the Broadband offer is by far one of the best in the market.

So eventually the service was up and running and I had no complaints until I received a bill for £144.49 which was for the Dial-Up calls that I thought I was getting for free. Another call to your “Customer Service Reps” who said that in-fact the credit for these calls should have been put on my account but assured me that my account was on hold and NO MONEY would be taken from Bank account until the credit was applied. Yet on the 18th Feb the £144.49 was taken from my account, yet ANOTHER call ensued and I was basically told “tough luck” to which I cancelled my Line Rental / Broadband / Telephone Package immediately.`

I don’t know if this letter will be read by you or someone else, no doubt you have countless happy and contented customers. I just thought as the leader of your company you might like to know how customers are being treated. It is a real shame because despite waiting 3 months and countless calls I was a happy customer. I hope you can take the time to review my account to see the problems that I have had and hope you can rectify the issues so other customers of yours may not suffer the same way I did.

Wishing you all the Best

Sincerely,

As you can see it was a catalogue of errors from the beginning - DON TOUCH WITH A BARGE POLE !!! AND MAKE IT A 10 FOOTER !!!

michael19
    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have Homecall. I have no complaints. My laptop goes on when I get up and doesn't go off till I go to bed. No download limit either. On top of that I get to talk to my friends day and night for the equivalent of £5 a month :D

Homecall also does line rental which undercuts BT by (I think) about £1 a month, which would also have the advantage of having everything on one bill (but I haven't got round to that yet... slapped wrists!!)

I have no doubt there are other great deals around, it seems to be the thing at the moment. Shop around till you find a package that suits you, and good luck!! :)

**** Edited to remove the referral, you are welcome to post this on the Referral Board, thanks Board Guide ****
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    The point is though, this is not the BEST deal that can be had for broadband and telephone calls, especially paying £5 per month for phone calls when they can be had for free for a year saving £60 :)
  • I agree with the other dude. Don't touch Homecall with a barge-pole!!

I've had my existing ADSL cut off by them, because I moved my line-rental over to there service. I've been without ADSL for 3 months. I was using V21, with no problems and wanted Homecall to pay the £60 reconnection fee that I would be charged for reconnection because of Homecall's screw-ups. Homecall put me on there own ADSL service, without my permission. Atleast they were trying but can't because effectively I'm still with V21 although it doesn't work.

I've made about 15 phonecalls to them and sent 3 letters of complaint to them. I've also sent complaints to OFCOM, Otelo, Trading standards, etc. etc.

I'll post my letters of complaint on here sometime, when I eventually get ADSL running again!!

Andy
  • amyyria
    amyyria Posts: 24 Forumite
    i had the misforturne to sign up with homecall in may, what a mistake that was, disconnected my broadband for no apparent reason,despite letters/phone calls and a lot of grief could never get a satisfactory answer as to why, now trying to break away, anyone had problems in getting away from them, as far as i am concerned they broke their contract with me for not providing me with the service to which i signed up :mad:
  • denise38
    denise38 Posts: 422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I posted a while back about their poor customer service and bad practices.
    I was lucky though they cocked up and I was able to back out. I found that were very inefficent and had infact lied about how long I needed to be signed up to braodband for.
    All in all I had a lucky escape.
    I have never met a calorie yet I didn't like!!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If considering going to homecall, first do a google search- guardian cash clinic caudwell..The previous company Singlepoint was "the worst company in the uk" according to the website British companies uk,which received so many complaints about the firm that it no longer logs them on its website. mr caudwell who owns homecall is the 26th richest man.In a tv programme about his methods a prospective employee is asked "would you sell something you dont believe in? " and "what is the biggest lie you have ever told".
  • hollydays wrote:
    If considering going to homecall, first do a google search- guardian cash clinic caudwell..The previous company Singlepoint was "the worst company in the uk" according to the website British companies uk,which received so many complaints about the firm that it no longer logs them on its website. mr caudwell who owns homecall is the 26th richest man.In a tv programme about his methods a prospective employee is asked "would you sell something you dont believe in? " and "what is the biggest lie you have ever told".

Can you give us a link to article please?
    PF.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    not so good at this but http://money.guardian.co.uk/howtocomplain/story/O,11609,668226,00.html
    if i need to do any more youll have to tell me how-
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport