Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 14,276Posts
    • 47,736Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Christmas Fund 268 No spend month?
Page 122
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Nov 19, 8:22 AM
    • 14,276 Posts
    • 47,736 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Henry is wearing two sets of lights but at the moment that is it. I will try to stick some red on him today in between marking and ironing and tidying.

It is Remembrance Day - very humbling. We are so lucky to have an England that is free because of sacrifices made by others. God Bless those who gave their lives for us. We will not forget.

Items ironed so far: 16 & vacuumed house. Will do marking on day off.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 10-11-2019 at 5:07 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 10th Nov 19, 10:12 AM
    • 3,740 Posts
    • 19,421 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    It is Remembrance Day - very humbling. We are so lucky to have an England that is free because of sacrifices made by others. God Bless those who gave their lives for us. We will not forget.
    Originally posted by savingwannabe
    Well said SW. Lest we forget ... Today we remember those who fought for our freedoms and those who continue to do so.
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 10-11-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Balance 0% credit card 1360 648
    0% Car Loan 7500 balance to pay 1/10/19 160 1/11/19 160 1/12/19 160 finishes 1/1/2020 140.
    Emergency fund 300 Xmas fund 290 Car maintenance fund 360
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Nov 19, 6:46 PM
    • 14,276 Posts
    • 47,736 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    So good to be home. All is well. Today was a no spend day. I have the grand sum of 18 cash in my purse to last me till the end of the month (this is because I spent quite a lot getting the clocks repaired_ but there is a significant amount of 150 still in my bank account. I am going to see how far I can last without touching it.

Tomorrow I have a blood test to go to (which will cost 10 in taxis). Then I will work at home. I am going to avoid spending for the rest of the month. I do have Kew to go to on the end of the month and will use some of the 150 for that.

I did try to see if I could sell something on fleabay but I can't as I threw the box away. lol. Im chucking the item out tomorrow as I don't want it.

I have decided after speaking to LL (who runs marathons as his hobby) and the boys that I will lose weight by walking every day even on my days off when I usually just sit at home.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 11-11-2019 at 8:02 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 13th Nov 19, 6:55 PM
    • 14,276 Posts
    • 47,736 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Yesterday was busy after my hospital visit I spent a lot I charged it to my card 30 on travel, fruit, lots of meat/fish whoopsies from Mr T's which should feed me till January, books and decoration from charity shop, kitchen bits etc.

I also withdrew 40 as I have run out of money. lol. But that is only because I spent that much sorting out my clocks so I don't mind. I still have enough for Kew but I am not buying anything else except maybe fruit for the rest of the month.

I then did lots of marking. However I am still feeling positive and my health is good.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

2,160Users online

Martin's Twitter