Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Steepel
    • By Steepel 28th Oct 19, 2:08 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Steepel
    DWP requested Dr report after f2f assessment
    • 28th Oct 19, 2:08 PM
    DWP requested Dr report after f2f assessment 28th Oct 19 at 2:08 PM
    I had a f2f assessment on the 10th september. I already receive PIP and was on DLA prior to this. 2 weeks ago my partner rang DWP and they said they received the pip assessment on the 26th of September and it was waiting to be looked at for a decision. My partner just rang them back today and they say they got my Dr report back on the 20th of October and it could take 6 weeks for a decision.

I have never heard of a Dr's report being looked at after a f2f assessment, so am thinking this is not good news. Would love to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

ETA I have not seen my GP for a while, The problem is I have mental health issues and difficulty leaving the house, Apart from getting a taxi to the PIP assesment with my partner I have not left the house for over a year. At the assessment I was barely able to speak and couldn't look at my assessor. So I doubt that went very well, though my partner did answer her questions.
    Last edited by Steepel; 28-10-2019 at 2:19 PM.
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 28th Oct 19, 3:14 PM
    • 6,237 Posts
    • 5,758 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 28th Oct 19, 3:14 PM
    • 28th Oct 19, 3:14 PM
    Yes, i've heard of this happening, especially if there's discrepancies in the report. It doesn't mean it's good or bad, other than more evidence has been requested.

There's no timescales to decisions, backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    • Steepel
    • By Steepel 28th Oct 19, 3:40 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Steepel
    • 28th Oct 19, 3:40 PM
    • 28th Oct 19, 3:40 PM
    Ok thanks for the reply poppy. I will just have to wait I guess.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 28th Oct 19, 3:43 PM
    • 6,237 Posts
    • 5,758 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 28th Oct 19, 3:43 PM
    • 28th Oct 19, 3:43 PM
    You could request a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Although, if if the DM has requested more evidence then it may not help, it's your choice.
    • Steepel
    • By Steepel 28th Oct 19, 3:58 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Steepel
    • 28th Oct 19, 3:58 PM
    • 28th Oct 19, 3:58 PM
    I think I will just wait. I really don't like the thought of reading what has been written about me. Thanks for letting me know I can though.
    • Steepel
    • By Steepel 12th Nov 19, 3:45 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Steepel
    • 12th Nov 19, 3:45 PM
    • 12th Nov 19, 3:45 PM
    Just an update. I haven't received the letter yet but DWP told my partner on the phone yesterday I have been awarded PIP. it has actually been increased to give me standard mobility. They say it will be backdated to when I sent forms in to be reassessed.

So hopefully this will help others in a similar situation, not to panic and think it is bad news . As poppy told me it isn't a bad or good thing (can be either) when they request extra info from your Dr. I was so worried assuming it was bad. It actually was a positive outcome.
    • Steepel
    • By Steepel 13th Nov 19, 6:45 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Steepel
    • 13th Nov 19, 6:45 PM
    • 13th Nov 19, 6:45 PM
    I received the letter today. I noticed in another thread somewhere here on the forum there was an uncertainty as to whether they still backdated any increased PIP you are awarded back to when you first sent the form back to be reassessed. I can now confirm I have it in writing it will definitely be backdated to when they received my form in July. The arrears are due to be paid into my account tomorrow.

Hope this is helpful.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,618Posts Today

7,107Users online

Martin's Twitter