Spending Boots advantage card points

Options
When did this change ?? My daughter was trying to buy a car seat and wanted to use her boots points towards her purchase. Apparently you need the full amount of points to purchase an item now. In the past you could have paid part and used the points to get a reduction. So disappointed. Can you use 2 different cards for one purchase, could I let her use my points as well as her own.

Comments

• xinran
    xinran Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    I’m sure this has been the case with Boots for several years. Unlike most other loyalty schemes.
    They won’t allow use of more than one card I’m afraid.
  • maz1411
    maz1411 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah as far as i can remember you need full points to pay x
  • JEN22
    JEN22 Posts: 612 Forumite
    Options
    You've always needed full points to pay
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    yep, its always been that way since I joined which is years ago.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    . Can you use 2 different cards for one purchase, could I let her use my points as well as her own.

No, you wouldn't be able to do that.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With Boots it has always been the case that you've needed to pay in full either in points or not at all with points. I've had my Boots card since the mid 1990s and it's always been that way. Other stores (Superdrug, Nectar, Co-op for example) do allow you to part pay with either but not Boots, they never have done.
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to echo what the others have already confirmed; it's always been the case that you had to have full points to pay with points. Had my card since the scheme was first launched and never known it any different.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure