Sainsbury's cancels spring Nectar 'double-up' promo

Options

Comments

• netimka
    netimka Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wonder when or if we hear about this new offer as its April today and nothing yet...
    This will be mine in 2009 member's club no. 359 :happyloveCash £1000+, Holiday, Handbag
    Aug wins: The Good The Bad The Weird On Blu-ray~Benecol Bag for Life

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
  • mabelcable
    mabelcable Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I checked my Nectar page yesterday and there was nothing just a 50 point offer for Ebay. There haven't been any Sainsbury offers on the Nectar page for ages.
  • netimka
    netimka Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dont think we will be getting any deals now :-( just hope they still go ahead with double up in November ...
    This will be mine in 2009 member's club no. 359 :happyloveCash £1000+, Holiday, Handbag
    Aug wins: The Good The Bad The Weird On Blu-ray~Benecol Bag for Life

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
  • LuxuryWoman
    LuxuryWoman Posts: 156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just realised I don't seem to get till spits anymore either, they were often useful, I liked the 700 points for a £20 clothes spend and used to work that offer to full advantage.
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yes they are rubbish now. A few years back we took our DGS to Legoland on nectar points. Three adults and himself got in for about £20 the rest of the entrance fee was paid in nectar points. Had we racked up at the gate, the cost would have been about £120.
  • LuxuryWoman
    Options
    My Coupons has been closed down now too, another source of Nectar points gone. Closing 6th May but there are no new coupons available, only ones that are already selected.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sainsbobs is my closest main 4 supermarket - so I do use it more than the others, but begrudgingly so. It's not a terribly large store. It's "proper supermarket size" but on the small side. They never have what I'm looking for, prices are high and I often leave with nothing/disappointed.

It takes me about 2 years to get up to enough points at all to then use them in a purchase. Sometimes I try to spend them, but do not meet the criteria (which I can never remember) ... but there are things about minimum amount on the card, minimum spend this time - and even one that caught me out when I finally DID have a spend high enough to use the points I'd accumulated when it said "this is not your local store".

All this faffing with points and cards is a huge time waster and money waster. They should all just drop it ... speed up the tills and make you not feel you're "missing out" because you didn't manage to accumulate X points to get things you don't want anyway.
  • LuxuryWoman
    Options
    Sainsbobs is my closest main 4 supermarket - so I do use it more than the others, but begrudgingly so. It's not a terribly large store. It's "proper supermarket size" but on the small side. They never have what I'm looking for, prices are high and I often leave with nothing/disappointed.

It takes me about 2 years to get up to enough points at all to then use them in a purchase. Sometimes I try to spend them, but do not meet the criteria (which I can never remember) ... but there are things about minimum amount on the card, minimum spend this time - and even one that caught me out when I finally DID have a spend high enough to use the points I'd accumulated when it said "this is not your local store".

All this faffing with points and cards is a huge time waster and money waster. They should all just drop it ... speed up the tills and make you not feel you're "missing out" because you didn't manage to accumulate X points to get things you don't want anyway.

I would prefer lower everyday prices but I have accumulated £160 nectar points since January and used them to buy clothes in the 25% off Tu sales, plus I've had some cracking bargains in the clearances (Egyptian cotton bath towels 80 pence! and £50 worth of good quality baking trays and chopping boards reduced to a pound or so then paid for with points)
    I agree that just collecting the on shopping is hardly worthwhile, but I do surveys for them and the 'my coupons' I mentioned meant they accumulated much quicker so I do find them worthwhile. Actually my entire wardrobe is just a long rack of Tu labels - all free!
    I also won £50 of points during the swipe to win (breaking up my transaction) I must be a pure nightmare to be behind in the queue.
  • chandlerscroft
    Options
    I would prefer lower everyday prices but I have accumulated £160 nectar points since January and used them to buy clothes in the 25% off Tu sales, plus I've had some cracking bargains in the clearances (Egyptian cotton bath towels 80 pence! and £50 worth of good quality baking trays and chopping boards reduced to a pound or so then paid for with points)
    I agree that just collecting the on shopping is hardly worthwhile, but I do surveys for them and the 'my coupons' I mentioned meant they accumulated much quicker so I do find them worthwhile. Actually my entire wardrobe is just a long rack of Tu labels - all free!
    I also won £50 of points during the swipe to win (breaking up my transaction) I must be a pure nightmare to be behind in the queue.

Wow £160 in Nectar points that is some serious spending to accumulate that in 4 months
  • mabelcable
    Options
    Just had an email to say My Coupons Trial is ending on 6th May. I am getting 500 points for taking part in the trial.
    I didn't know it was a trial .
    I now have no reason to go to Sainsburys with the loss of the double up and now the My Coupons. I will just stock up on the teabags and try and get the ham somewhere else. The teabags are no longer the bargain they once were, they have gone from 19p to 50p in a very short period of time. Waitrose here I come.
    Mx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport