Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• bluebell_woods
    Options
    I doubled up my clubcard vouchers and used them on Tesco Finest food items. Normally I wouldn't buy these, but the jams are on offer at the moment, 2 jars for £2. The chocolate is also on offer. I've made a big stash of jams, honeys, marmalades, and chocolate, that will take us through the winter and beyond and also includes some Christmas present items. I know this wouldn't be everyone's best use of the vouchers, but for me it's good to know I have this stash ready for when the days turn colder, and also means I won't have to account for these items on my regular weekly shop.
  • Treen
    Treen Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its been mentioned before that you can take in receipts from friends who can't be bothered to collect points and have the points added to your account. Is this possible even if they pay by credit card (as the last few numbers of their card appears on the receipt). If I was asked by CS to prove that it was my receipt I would not be able to.

TIA
    Treen
    The most important things in life aren't 'things'
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Treen wrote: »
    Its been mentioned before that you can take in receipts from friends who can't be bothered to collect points and have the points added to your account. Is this possible even if they pay by credit card (as the last few numbers of their card appears on the receipt). If I was asked by CS to prove that it was my receipt I would not be able to.

TIA
    Treen

They don't usually ask to prove it was your receipt. And if they did you can say I don't have that particular credit card on me, or your partner paid for the shopping.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Does anybody know if you can still write off to
    Tesco Clubcards
    FREEPOST
    SCO 5043
    Dundee
    DD2 9XU
    To reclaim points not awarded on tesco receipts ?
    I know there is a time limit for claiming instore but apparently no time limit if you post them off ?
    Original thread here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=213516

In-store they will put points on up to 14 days - but only two at a time - as a consequence of womblers!
    Yes, that is the correct HQ address, but there is a time limit, they will only put points on up to 28 days.

If you've lost a card, report it and order another, and pick up a temporary one to use in the meantime.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Treen wrote: »
    TIA
    Treen

But be aware, if too many of your transactions are the result of store adjustments - you could be classed as a wombler and banned or fined points.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 September 2011 at 7:39PM
    Options
    Anybody know if there is a limit to recycling cans - my daughter works in a large pub they throw a LOT in the bin each week, easily in the 000's for a weekend

Looked on T's website bit can't see anything

Thanks
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • magsmorris
    Options
    Ok. I just picked up the T Direct catalogue and noted the large Clubcard points savings. 15000 up for grabs with some easy wins like 500 of any £50 shop. There are some extreme ones however that require sizable furniture purchases or kitchen/ appliance rerquirements.

Worth noting, already the online site has price reductions from the catalogue. i went on to look at a digital camera, and found the online version a model up and £10 less than the catalogue version, so if you are looking to spend to qualify for bonus points, look online for the latest price.

Been looking in catalogue for the bonus points but cannot find can anyone help?
  • Norfolk_Jim
    Norfolk_Jim Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I dont think theres a limit but theres only a certain few tescos where they have a machine for these and I hear its a bit hit and miss as to if they're working or not. Would be a pain to take all those tins there and find it out of order.

Has anyone else tried Tescos electric goods recycling scheme? I took in a couple of junked radios but they only give you 5 green points for old stuff. 10 free points for me but if I'd gone to any trouble to bring in something more bulky it would have been a bit of a disappointment
    steve1500 wrote: »
    Anybody know if there is a limit to recycling cans - my daughter works in a large pub they throw a LOT in the bin each week, easily in the 000's for a weekend

Looked on T's website bit can't see anything

Thanks
  • geriann
    geriann Posts: 158 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have a Tesco receipt dated 25th of august. i forgot my clubcard on that day.
    i know i have 14 days to get the points put on.
    would the last day i can do it be the 7th of september? or the 8th?
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    I'd assume the end of today, generally the day in which the transaction took place is counted as a day for refunds etc.

Is the 14 days rule strictly enforced? If you can't get there to get them added today then try and charm your way to getting them added at a later date! :) And if you don't mention it (and play stupid if they do!) they might not know!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure