Car Park Investment - Is it a Scam?

Comments

• Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    TBC15 wrote: »
    IT IS A SCAM, can we please move on.
    You can move on whenever you like.:)
    Those who are still interested enough to keep reading and contributing to the thread can do so too :)
    Then when everyone has had enough the thread will sink into the archives.:)
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • I agree with TBC15
  • Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    I agree with TBC15

In that case why click on it, read it, post on it - and bring it to the top of the front page again?
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • I got caught too and now paying solicitor fees but can anyone tell me did they send the deeds back with the buy back scheme as they request my solicitor is very concerned about letting this go before they pay any money etc
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,923 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    fabij99 wrote: »
    I got caught too and now paying solicitor fees but can anyone tell me did they send the deeds back with the buy back scheme as they request my solicitor is very concerned about letting this go before they pay any money etc

I can see where your solicitor is coming from but I think they may be failing to see the wood for the trees.

The Store First / Park First group is £30m in the red (as at June 2017) as a direct result of having to set aside £60m-odd for paying back Park First investors. The risk that Park First pretends the deeds got lost in the post is really neither here nor there. Your solicitor can always keep a copy and send the deeds Recorded Delivery or via courier.

To have the best chance of recovering anything, your solicitor needs to a) get on with it b) chase Park First for the money to the point it becomes borderline harrassment.
  • Katiewhy2
    Katiewhy2 Posts: 76 Forumite
    How are you getting on with this?Have you heard anything back?
    I too have invested and am worried about getting my money back.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,923 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Katiewhy2 wrote: »
    How are you getting on with this?Have you heard anything back?
    I too have invested and am worried about getting my money back.

Have you told Park First you want to exercise the buyback option?

Who sold you this investment? The same people who sold you Diamond Construction and Renewables?
  • Katiewhy2
    Katiewhy2 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Yes I have initiated the buy back option in December 2017 and instructed a solicitor - he has sorted everything and deeds have gone back - This was february but they are saying that it could take 12 - 18 months to get the money back-
    they now have everything! The deeds (we do have copies) all my money, I'm not getting interest payments and I am now struggling financially (and the stress it has caused!)
    Bloody nightmare!
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I think there's more chance you'll be on Elon Musks next rocket to Mars than get anything back.
    If you consider it gone and move on will that remove the stress?
  • So out of interest:

Are these car size plots of land now genuinely owned by the "investors"?
    If so, would these be registered at the land registry?

Would it be possible for the "investors" / victims to compile a map / diagram of their plots?

What is the company that sold these plots of land now actually doing?

Would it be possible for the "owners" of these plots to get together and sell the whole car park as one? Then just divide the money up?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback