credit card to DCA defaults

Options
I've been on a DMP for a while now, and my defaults will be coming off my file in a few months, and I am looking at my credit report, and have successfully disputed a date.

With a different account, one of my credit cards MBNA was passed onto a DCA early on (within a couple of months after starting DMP), before being passed onto another, PRA Group.

My question is, can both of them default me, as that is what has happened?

PRA have never asked for a minimum monthly payment, and on my DMP, my payment has never decreased.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The original creditor will of defaulted you, when the debt was sold, the balance should of been reduced to zero.

Then the new owner starts reporting on your credit file with the default balance the debt has outstanding.

It is still the same default.

The original default date should remain the same, and it should drop off your file after 6 years.

If any of that is incorrect, then complain to them.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure