GWD Forestry Investment

Comments

• HI all
    Last communication from my account manager told me that they will begin 2017 harvest season early november, after getting orders from its clients.

I already ask my account manager how was the order book fr harvest season and If they receipt small tabletop tree orders...

Anyone with more information?
  • do want to join for a lawsuit against gwd?
    i trying to get as many investors i can like us without any payment since long time
  • do want to join for a lawsuit against gwd?
    i trying to get as many investors i can like us without any payment since long time
    reply to my mail cpa69pac@yahoo.it
  • Yes I would!!
    I invested 55.000 usd in 2012 with Acacia Project and did not receive one penny from them, nor information when the harvest would take place
  • Has anyone else received this offer recently?

The claim is that for the acacia and eucalyptus which is ready for harvest this year, there will be a substantially greater return by first veneering it (plane sawing to very thin sheets), rather than selling as timber. This, of course, comes at a substantial cost to perform veneering. And, a substantially higher projected return if it is performed. I of course replied that any costs for veneering will need to be taken from the moneys (over)due me, rather than as any additional funding. Or in lieu of veneering, they can just send me the harvest proceeds as planned.

I do happen to believe that Greenwood is not an intended scam, but rather a legitimate forestry company that has been slammed by some combination of bad management, Brazil financial and climate turmoil, overly-optimistic projections, and other factors. But this is not a positive twist.
  • firestone
    firestone Posts: 520 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    if people want to invest in forestry why not use ishares timber & forestry ETF or a similar fund? surely in this case it would be better to have a manager who understands the field (no pun intended)
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    firestone wrote: »
    if people want to invest in forestry why not use ishares timber & forestry ETF or a similar fund? surely in this case it would be better to have a manager who understands the field (no pun intended)

There is a big difference between investing in forestry, as in land with trees growing on, and investing in logging companies. It's like the difference between investing in gold and investing in gold miners.

Investing directly in forestry in the UK is eligible for Inheritance Tax relief, whereas investing in that ETF wouldn't be.

Of course IHT planning is more or less irrelevant here. The investors in this fund weren't interested in forestry, they were interested in the promised 15% per annum.
  • firestone
    firestone Posts: 520 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Malthusian wrote: »
    There is a big difference between investing in forestry, as in land with trees growing on, and investing in logging companies. It's like the difference between investing in gold and investing in gold miners.

Investing directly in forestry in the UK is eligible for Inheritance Tax relief, whereas investing in that ETF wouldn't be.

Of course IHT planning is more or less irrelevant here. The investors in this fund weren't interested in forestry, they were interested in the promised 15% per annum.
    Fair point - i was not aware of the tax relief on UK forestry.Like you said the return on more exotic crops may have been the reason for investing and hopefully it works out for the people invested.To be fair the ETF does have a bit more of a mix then just logging companies but know what you mean
  • alesmith wrote: »
    Has anyone else received this offer recently?

The claim is that for the acacia and eucalyptus which is ready for harvest this year, there will be a substantially greater return by first veneering it (plane sawing to very thin sheets), rather than selling as timber. This, of course, comes at a substantial cost to perform veneering. And, a substantially higher projected return if it is performed. I of course replied that any costs for veneering will need to be taken from the moneys (over)due me, rather than as any additional funding. Or in lieu of veneering, they can just send me the harvest proceeds as planned.

I do happen to believe that Greenwood is not an intended scam, but rather a legitimate forestry company that has been slammed by some combination of bad management, Brazil financial and climate turmoil, overly-optimistic projections, and other factors. But this is not a positive twist.

Hi alesmith,

Had a similar return to this but basically ignored it. Why throw good money after bad. I do share your opinion that the company is legitimate enough with the projects all maturing away in Brazil etc. Whether or not they can deliver on any of their promises though remains to be seen. Did you recieve some recent updates too about better management and more accountability.......?
  • same situation for me. I've invested 2.000, first tranche of payment epected in 2017... nothing at all up to now. Is it possible to do something ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback