1stCredit/Intrum - account closed without paying?

Hi,

So my credit card debt went to 1stCredit (now Intrum) which I've started corresponding with.

I've sent them CCA request and they've told they need time to get it back from the original lender. Fair enough :beer:

Today I've looked on my Equifax report and somehow my Intrum account is closed...

What changed in
April 2018

•You opened your INTRUM UK FINANCE LIMITED (I)
Your INTRUM UK FINANCE LIMITED (I) account went into default
•You closed or settled your INTRUM UK FINANCE LIMITED (I) account

Going in to "Closed Accounts" I can see the Intrum account there but the balance is still with the outstanding amount.

So what does it mean? Intrum closed the account due to lack of CCA? They've sold the debt to another company?

Not sure if this is a good or bad sign :rotfl:

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    pewpewpew wrote: »

What changed in
    April 2018

•You opened your INTRUM UK FINANCE LIMITED (I)
    Your INTRUM UK FINANCE LIMITED (I) account went into default
    •You closed or settled your INTRUM UK FINANCE LIMITED (I) account

I would not pay any attention to messages like this, as they are just generic terms the CRA`s use, for when debts are either sold, assigned, opened, closed, in fact any number of reasons.

Until you hear something definite from the DCA assume nothing has changed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Keezing
    Keezing Posts: 322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    This is normal. When an account defaults it is technically "closed". Some CRAs will list the debts on the closed tab with the balance showing, while others leave it on the open tab.

Until the balance says zero they will still want their money.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,485 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    It could be that your account is written off but more likely that it is being sold on again.

You can't know for sure from the credit report.

What you do know is that the account is unenforceable until someone complies with your request so ... the ball is in their court and you don't need to do anything.
  • Thanks for the replies. I'm still waiting for the CCA - it's been 26 days now since their acknowledgment of my request and still nothing...

I'm living abroad so hopefully they will let me know by email that the debt was sold (so I can start CCA dance all ovr again), as I won't be able to get either phone calls or letters from them.
  • Keezing
    Keezing Posts: 322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    This is simply a formatting choice for the CRA you are using. Nothing else. I'm guessing Clearscore/Equifax, as they are the ones that move defaulted debts to the closed tab.

If you try Noddle or Experian you will see the debt listed normally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure