Sainsbury's, their credit card & bonus Nectar points

I could be wrong here so i don't need anyone getting on their high horse...
I was under the impression that it was 1 nectar point per £1 spend at Sainsbury's (a reduction on what it was years ago) but that if you have a Sainsbury's credit card and use that to pay for your shop then you get 2x points.

So i've been doing this for a while now. Get home and then pay the amount to my credit card from my bank account.

Just now i thought i'd take a look at my statement - and it shows that the only bonus points i'm getting are by the vouchers i'm using. I'm getting no extra points for using my Sainsbury's credit card.

Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Hi, I have one of these and the points are transferred once a month into Nectar balance.

If you check your last statement it should tell you points earned - if not it might be worth checking you have linked your nectar card to it. You should have been asked for card number on initial application but can add at any time.

Other thing to watch for is if you have a shared nectar account with partner as the points only show as a detailed item on the Nectar statement when you log in with card - this caught me out and thought I hadn't been getting any points until I checked on wife's nectar number as last couple of digits different to mine.
  • Thanks for that. Yes our Nectar card is a shared one but i've been looking on my account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure