£2 Savers Club 2018

Options

Comments

• Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    madlyn wrote: »
    Only had one since I joined last week, but 1 is better than none.

Yes, one is better than none. They will come along like buses.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Gem-gem
    Options
    Managed to get one over the weekend.

Hello Purplemumof2, good to hear from you. Hope you have had a good start to the year. Gem-gem
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • Gem-gem
    Options
    IreneCWP wrote: »
    Another two today. Actually I got three but have had to use one to put towards the kids bus fare tomorrow :( It was either that or a £10 note!

£26 saved so far!

That is so annoying when that happens. Hopefully won’t be too long before another one comes along.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • PartyPoison
    Options
    Gem-gem wrote: »
    I hope Blackpool manage to stay up. I do enjoy a weekend up north. Have done all the touristy bits...been up the tower and sat and watch some oldies dance in the ballroom and had a ride on the trams. I usually visit the outlet whilst hubby is at the game. We usually go off he beaten track for pubs and restaurants. So any info on any good places to eat - much appreciated.
    Anyway back to £2 coin saving, hubby came home with one today. So another one into the pot, yay!

Well you will still have Fleetwood even if we do go down - which Im assuming is the outlet you mean anyway (Freeport)? Yeah, I can give you good places - what kind of places do you prefer to go to?

I drew a blank yesterday at both lunchtime and evening after trips to the shop - seems I go through phases of getting a few then getting none. Maybe next time...
    £2 savers club #54 Current total - £86
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #094 - £4445.12/£8143.94 (54.6%) paid
    Debt as of January 1st 2018: £8143.84
    Debt as of today (13/04/18): £3,698.82

OYSTON OUT!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gutted...had to break into the pot,:o so down to £6. But in my defence, it was to book a night in a Premier Inn for on our way to the Lake District in May and the sooner we book, the cheaper it is :j.....and the £2's were going to be put towards holiday anyway.

so onwards and upwards again...
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs fatrab put 2 in the pot on Sunday! Just plain ones again, checking out every single one I see! I'm still trying to find a 20p piece with the World Rally Championship from around 1999/2000......
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• Gem-gem
    Options
    Well you will still have Fleetwood even if we do go down - which Im assuming is the outlet you mean anyway (Freeport)? Yeah, I can give you good places - what kind of places do you prefer to go to?

I drew a blank yesterday at both lunchtime and evening after trips to the shop - seems I go through phases of getting a few then getting none. Maybe next time...

Yes, Freeport is where I normally spend the afternoon.
    Regarding eating places, hubby likes a good old transport cafe/ fish and chips/ Weatherspoons/ carvery anywhere we’re good wholesome food is served at a very reasonable price (and even better if the beer is real ale). I prefer something more refined. It has to be clean. Nice pubs with home cooked food (I really like it when they use locally sourced food) or an Italian restaurants.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • Gem-gem
    Options
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Gutted...had to break into the pot,:o so down to £6. But in my defence, it was to book a night in a Premier Inn for on our way to the Lake District in May and the sooner we book, the cheaper it is :j.....and the £2's were going to be put towards holiday anyway.

so onwards and upwards again...

It is always gutting when you have to break into the pot early but at least it was towards your holiday. I hope you have a lovely trip up to the Lake District.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • Gem-gem
    Options
    fatrab wrote: »
    Mrs fatrab put 2 in the pot on Sunday! Just plain ones again, checking out every single one I see! I'm still trying to find a 20p piece with the World Rally Championship from around 1999/2000......

Hubby also bought me a lovely coin home today. It was also plain. I haven’t seen a picture one for ages. Good luck with finding the 20p World Rally Championship coin.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Landed another one! It's a First World War 2016 woohoo
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport