PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sa1sysoo wrote: »
    Turn (some of) my frown upside down, as I've lost 2lbs this week!

:j:T:beer::j:beer::T
    :EasterBun:o:naughty:

Well done :D
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 November 2017 at 9:45AM
    STS

In my defence, I have lost an inch from my waist....
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Weewdy wrote: »
    I have not been around for a good few months and in that time i have maintained the weight loss i have achieved since march. I am now starting to notice terrible eating habits creeping back in and need to refocus myself and get the last 14lbs off to reach goal. I have been attending the gym daily and doing pretty intense workouts but unfortunately my eating means i am only maintaining not losing. I am planning on starting a fresh tomorrow and i am aiming for 7lbs by christmas. I need this forum to keep me motivated and will be using it to post daily with food and exercise.

I am planning on catching up on everyones progress later after work.

Well done on staying the same, this is not easy in my experience. I total understand what you mean about the bad habits creeping back in.

Knit Witch - I am very sorry to report a 1lb gain this week. I am not amused but it is hormonal so could have been a lot worse.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    My house troll made lovely scones at school the week before last. Sadly the "enchiladas" that he made last week were disgusting. The filling was mince and onion with no sauce or spices. I made them at home last night to show him how they're supposed to be done. He has a different teacher for sweet dishes to the one who does the savoury ones. Several savoury items have been dumped so far this year.....

I do wonder about school cooking classes these day, dd made an apple crumble earlier in the year at school with no sugar in either the apple or the crumble??!
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I am reporting in with a little -1/2

I know I haven't been keeping my eye on everything I eat, too many nice treats around! I am also writing off next week in advance as it is my birthday on Monday and dd is planning on making a coconut cake and will be having a birthday takeaway. Also in the spirit of thanks, pumpkin pie on Thursday!
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Weewdy
    Weewdy Posts: 96 Forumite
    Yes please knit witch, a target of 7lbs off in 5 weigh ins i think might be achievable.

Today has been ok so far, porridge for breakfast, smoothie and go ahead bar for lunch, dinner fish and veg. I have snacked on a few jelly sweets that i instantly regretted but its done now. I will also be doing 30 mins cardio and 60 mins weight after work.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Arrietty … 4/8 :):):):)
    BearPearSun … 0/4.4
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 7.48/13.2 :):):):):):):);)
    CathA … 0/4
    CRANKY40 … 4.5/7 :):):):);)
    Dandy-candy … 2/6 :):)
    Debbiedodge1737 … 4/14 :):):):)
    Dolly84 … 3/10 :):):)
    Donnajt … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    Dumpling …9/15 :):):):):):):):):)
    Florence J … +1/7 :(
    Fuddle … 3/4 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 5.7/12 :):):):):);):A
    Gresleyrover … +1.2/5 :(:p
    Karcher … 4/7 :):):):)
    Katiepants … 2/20 :):)
    Knit Witch … 5.26/10 :):):):):):A
    Lynnejk … 7/8 :):):):):):):)
    Maisie M … 3/14 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 2/6 :):)
    Monnagran … 2/5 :):)
    PJ1 … 3.5/11 :):):);)
    Sa1sysoo … +1/14 :(
    Short_bird … 0.5/6 ;)
    SIRENS … 7.5/16 :):):):):):):)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 3/13 :):):)
    TiredTrophy … 1/10 :)
    Weewdy … 0/7
    Zafiro1984 … 9.75/14 :):):):):):):):):);):A

6 st 12.4 lb :j:j:j:j:j:j :):):):):):):):):):):);)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Morning all. Its 1.8lbs off for me this week.
  • Datchet
    Datchet Posts: 117
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    monnagran wrote: »
    Arrietty, if you want a companion who also has verbal diarrhoea look no further.

Zafiro, about vinegar........I refer to the ordinary brown malt sort. However the modern vinegar is a pale imitation of the vinegar I used to enjoy as a child. I used to take an empty lemonade bottle down to the off-licence and they would fill it with vinegar from the barrel. I remember once walking home with my precious cargo when the siren went, signalling a daylight raid, or it may have been a doodle bug. Anyway, terrified I took to my heels and managed to get home with the bottle still intact.
    These days I tend to buy pickling vinegar, it seems to have a bit more oomph than the ordinary bottles.

How do I use it? Let me count the ways..........

On salad
    In salad sandwiches. OK it makes the bread soggy and the sandwich needs careful handling but very tasty.
    On fish, that I'm not keen on the taste of, but I know it's good for me and doused in vinegar it is at least palatable.
    On chips.mmmmmm!
    In the form of mint sauce it enhances almost any meat.
    A spoonful of mint sauce in a boring soup lifts it from run of the mill to divine.
    If you have a sprout hater in your family a sprinkle of vinegar takes away the ouch factor.
    A teaspoonful will stop hiccups dead in their tracks. If you can't face that, a few drops on a spoonful of sugar will have the same effect.
    My aunt used to dab vinegar on wasp stings, but there I prefer Anthisan.
    My grandmother said that in Victorian times she and her sisters used to take vinegar as a slimming aid. This has never worked for me.

I'm sure that there are are many other ways I use it but that will do to be going on with.

What was that you were saying Arrietty?

I've posted this before - I use a variety of vinegars and favourite uses are - Malt vinegar in root veg or Jerusalem Artichoke soup.
    On cabbage or Kale.
    Packed Lunches - I throw together a veg or salad box along with sarnie and put olive oil and cider vinegar in one of the tiny little jam-jars that you get at hotels.

I recall that one of romantic poets was so poor he ate nothing but boiled potatoes and vinegar.
    "Is it that the future is so uncertain, the present so traumatic that we find the past so secure? " Spike Milligan
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Woo hoo, 1.4 lbs off here, going down at last! More due to hubby being away for 3 nights so I didn't have much to eat in the evenings. Must keep it up. However I've just got a Google home thingy so spent last night fiddling about and talking to it to try and set it up so didn't pick at any food so definite benefit there!

Happy Sunday everyone x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport