IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Park Direct did not reply to my appeal!

Hi all, I'm a bit stressed out about the PCN I received last month from Park Direct UK at Uxbridge. I had stepped out of the car to read the board, thought it was dodgy, saw a random lady hiding behind a car and trying to photograph me - and so I left.

I received a PCN a couple of days after, however the timestamps are NOT clear and I;m sure I wasn't there for more than a minute. So I wrote them a letter back appealing the PCN but have not heard back from them.

It says on their letter "If you do appeal and do not hear from us within 28 days then please contact us, do not assume that your appeal has been successful"

It's a week over 28 days now, I haven't heard anything but now received a letter saying "The requirements of Schedule 4 of Protection of Freedoms Act ...have been satisfied" and are therefore DEMANDING I pay £100 within 14 days.

I've read about POPLA but I do not have the verification code as Park Direct have NOT replied to my appeal.

What are my options? Please help!

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to gain an understanding of the game you are now caught up in and why no need to be stressed!

You are dealing with an IPC company (no POPLA!)

Ignore everything now except a LBCCA or court correspondence

All explained in the FAQ

If you get either of these in the future come back for advice on defending a claim

They have 6 years to start legal proceedings against you

Best not to reveal who was driving unless you already did so- edit your OP to remove details of who was driving
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You won't get a PoPLA code.
    Park Direct are an IPC company.

Can you post your appeal text here?

Here are your chances of court action:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    And if you posted a letter as an appeal, they've probably conveniently 'lost' it.

Start ignoring them. Read up about the outrageous scam you are ignoring, loads on this forum about the industry, how to beat them if they try court, why NOT to do the IAS, all of it already said in the NEWBIES sticky thread, and not bearing repeating here.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • sajet
    sajet Posts: 12 Forumite
    Thank you all; I have been reading the FAQs.

Re Park Direct - their most recent letter has both BPA and IPC logos at the bottom. It says it's a member of BPA. I've confirmed this on BPA website too.

Also, here is what I found on the PoPLA FAQs - "POPLA can only consider appeals against parking charge notices issued by a member of the BPA."

Does this mean they still won't give me a POPLA code?

I'm sure they've conveniently "lost" my appeal letter. I will try and ring them up tomorrow or perhaps write another appeal letter. I have not identified the driver of the vehicle at any time and will not do so.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary

Re Park Direct - their most recent letter has both BPA and IPC logos at the bottom. It says it's a member of BPA. I've confirmed this on BPA website too.
    That's in the FAQS...in the newbies thread!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    sajet wrote: »

Quentin and I have already answered that.

Did you look at that link I posted earlier?
    In there you will see:
    Moved to the IPC on 01/05/2016
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    sajet wrote: »

Also, here is what I found on the PoPLA FAQs - "POPLA can only consider appeals against parking charge notices issued by a member of the BPA."

I'm sure they've conveniently "lost" my appeal letter. I will try and ring them up tomorrow or perhaps write another appeal letter. I have not identified the driver of the vehicle at any time and will not do so.

where? http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators
  • sajet
    where?
    This is the link I had checked and it has Park Direct UK on there - early days for me I guess ..I now understand the difference between "Members" and "Operators"
    _,,,BPA-Members (sorry can't post links as am a new member but replace BPA-Approved-Operators with BPA-Members in your link)

Back to reading the newbie FAQs!
  • sajet
    Quentin wrote: »
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to gain an understanding of the game you are now caught up in and why no need to be stressed!

You are dealing with an IPC company (no POPLA!)

Ignore everything now except a LBCCA or court correspondence

All explained in the FAQ

If you get either of these in the future come back for advice on defending a claim

They have 6 years to start legal proceedings against you

Best not to reveal who was driving unless you already did so- edit your OP to remove details of who was driving

Thanks for your response. I have read that IAS appeals are a sham but has anyone had any success?
    I'm slightly worried they can pursue me anytime they chose in the next 6 years :( so wondering whether paying up would mean mental peace. Sorry I do wish to fight but 6 years is a long long time to be worried about I think.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2018 at 7:50AM
    You did read #3 above?

And clicked on the link?

And read the info you were given there?

And after all that now tell us you want to pay for mental peace??

Sorry, but that sounds mental!

Ignoring debt collectors letters isn't hard!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure