NST 07/2018 - Survive July!

Comments

• mummylewis
    mummylewis Posts: 91 Forumite
    Super quick update from me as I'm still at work.
    NSD number 3 today. Wasn't even tempted!

There's a sale beginning tomorrow of a certain type of something I like that's normally expensive. Will do my best to strengthen the old will power!

MLx
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all :j

Will try for 13 NSDs & hope to get nearer to 20....2/13 still

Set your budgets not yet done
    Use Most definitely want to do this; have a mountain of food & stuff to clear. Have been sorting but it is a big task, not made easier by being unwell for the past few days & find the hot weather difficult especially when unwell. Will record progress on here to call me to account. Must view house as massive shop full of items which can be (mostly) sold. Have already discovered loads of clothes etc than I can either wear or sell. Also have makeup & toiletries, need not buy any of those either..still a bit poorly but managed to wash & iron some clothes & list a few on FB selling sites. One sold straight away but they've not paid yet, if the others don't go I will list on ebay..looks like all 3 people who expressed interest paid up, so 3 items sold..will post them out tomorrow & list more. Posted out 3 items today, plus one for DD. Didn't list any more, but DH liberated some more boxes from large shed, so have more to trawl through tomorrow.

Revisit Targets were like other peoples I think, to lose weigh (not really); to declutter - some progress; to stop wasting money - also some progress there..will list any weight losses/stuff leaving the house/money gained by selling...when it happens.. Still £44.26 so far..

Vacation Have already booked to go to Ireland for 3 weeks from July; aim to sell some stuff to pay for spends over there. Will also be planning some days out & at least another visit to the Old Country later in the year, probably 2. Have found more stuff especially shoes to go.

Value Always do try to use cashback sites where possible, and find value for money in shopping. Also have a card which gives me vouchers; and do some work which pays in vouchers too. Use cheaper supermarkets & have HB & Fultons here as well, which are both good for some stuff. DH & DD went shopping & PO, big mistake as DD brought back 2 extra large chickens she got for only £2.50 each, very pleased with her bargains bless her.....Just what I needed more food to be used right away... Cooked one, need to think of what to do with the other ( no room in freezers) PDQ! DH renegotiated BB deal with Virgin yesterday, they assured him deal would still be available today. Took 45 mins of argument, ask to speak to a manager, etc etc before they agreed to honour it...no wonder folk give up in disgust. Should save us £300 per year..

Every Checking in 4/31

Gratitudes: Some spaces appearing in the upstairs bedroom; cleared off the side in the kitchen & everyone is under instruction that it must remain that way, and seem to be keeping to it; happy animals & lovely flowers in the garden..

Jump No jumping here either but in the garden every day when possible. Do try to drink water but struggle with this. In the garden this morning & tonight, mainly to water..

Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Nope

Perhaps keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made:
    So far have put on a pound & made £44

Yearly we are halfway through 2018. Good idea, will have a big list of outside jobs that need doing/big/small & in between. Making big list tomorrow; also one of items to take to Ireland with us; menu planning; will be a very listy day tomorrow..

Go turtles!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Today will also be a NSD, so I am now on #3

Painting skirting boards today.:j

Needs doing and looks so much better when sparkly white and not dark brown varnish. If time I will do ceiling coving too.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Another NSD today planned - working lunch then leaving early as I have a school thing to go to and didn't get home until 10pm last night. So 3/13.

Today I am grateful for flexibility at work, another sunny day to hang the washing out, and that I'm not the irritating chatty person on the train sitting behind me. It's bad enough listening to him!
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Another Spend day :(. It a planned coffee but still. I feel I am really letting myself down. I need to tighten my belt though as I am down to £58 for 15 days. Not good.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Another Spend day :(. It a planned coffee but still. I feel I am really letting myself down. I need to tighten my belt though as I am down to £58 for 15 days. Not good.

Don't look back, look forward. It's done, make the best out of the next days. I ate something yesterday that I shouldn't have and I had a cigarette. This morning I thought why did I do that :mad:? BUT it's done and I can only do better today :D.

Today shall be an SFD and so was yesterday :T Got my lunch with me, will head to the gym and got a sausage casserole in the slow cooker. Not very summery but get's us all to eat together straight after work. Will add some green veg from the garden as a side.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    My friend kindly saved me a spend day!! Yay so thats two NSD so far.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi guys
    It wasn’t supposed to be a spend day but I needed cough syrup. ( I seem to have developed hay fever and last night felt so congested that I thought a bottle is a good idea)
    I’m doing an extra shift tomorrow at the CS. I love listening to people tell their stories of relatives who have been saved because of this charity.
    It’s weigh in time tonight at fat club and tea will be simple and out of the freezer.

I’m grateful for the sunshine, for the fact that we have good food and although we’re not rich, we can cover our bills.

Keep well guys

Anyway time to go
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    cuddlymarm, you can keep your nsd as it was a medical spend.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Apple Muncher
    So that’s 3 NSDs I’m quite proud of that
    Cuddles 8
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing