MSE News: Barclays offers switchers double rewards for a year

Options

Comments

• keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    Yes, this forum seems to leave out the quote by default. :(

I did try using the buttons, but got rather confused as to what the difference between quote and multi-quote plus trying to reply to quotes inside quotes. ;)

If you look at the top of a post it says "originally posted by" and this is the thing you have to look at each time. ;)
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    still getting this though "9802 - Sorry - you do not have any accounts from which we can set up a payment."

I have my card and PIN. I have begun the switching process by taking in ID to branch. I've managed to transfer money in, but get that message above when i click "transfer"

If I remember correctly the term 'transfer' implies moving money between one of your several Barclays bank accounts

If you want to move money out to a totally different bank then I think you need to click on 'make payment' (or something similar.)
    It's at this point I failed- I'm missing something that I have asked them to e-mail to me- not arrived yet.

Might have to visit a machine on Monday for a physical transfer!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    If I remember correctly the term 'transfer' implies moving money between one of your several Barclays bank accounts

If you want to move money out to a totally different bank then I think you need to click on 'make payment' (or something similar.)
    It's at this point I failed- I'm missing something that I have asked them to e-mail to me- not arrived yet.

Above is what happens when you use quote and try and post after the sentance/paragraph you want to refer to...... Then forget to delete the extra chars. ;)
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »

I correct myself i click move money then payment and the message of sorry you do not have any account from which we can set up a payment, are you getting this too Katiehound? Anyone new to Barclays getting this too?
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    No reply to a Tweet to MSE to assist with this.

Does anyone from MSE read these forums? If so, perhaps it is worth including this sort of thing in their reports"?

It looks as if Halifax offer a good service in this respect. Barclays and Santander don't seem to. Anyone else have experiences that confirm this please?
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,475 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Is anyone having trouble getting the Post Office Online Saver to recognise their new Barclays sort code?
  • youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My switch happened today into my existing Barclays account with Blue Rewards. All went smoothly so June's reward should be doubled as the Personal Banker advised.

As long as you do a full switch into the Barclays account that you already have the Blue Rewards activated on then, then everything should be OK. The comment about switching into the nominated account is for the benefit of people that might have more than 1 Barclays account, as you can only have Blue Rewards on 1 account. So if someone accidently switched into a account that the Blue Rewards was not being earnt on then they wouldn't get the double rewards.
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    still getting this though "9802 - Sorry - you do not have any accounts from which we can set up a payment."

I have my card and PIN. I have begun the switching process by taking in ID to branch. I've managed to transfer money in, but get that message above when i click "transfer"

I'm getting the same. As far as I know everything is set up and ready to go. But I can't make any payments or view standing orders/direct debits.

Money went in just fine.
  • Flobberchops
    Flobberchops Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    bare wrote: »
    My situation is as follows: Barclays with Blue rewards is my bills account, meaning most direct debits are already on that account. My second account is Halifax Rewards, which I use for daily shopping and 4 direct debits - but I plan to fully switch this (and close it) to the existing Barclays account. Would this work?

Yes. In theory, and I've heard nothing to the contrary, that's exactly how it should work.

How does this "main account nomination" work, so that I get the double rewards for 1 year?
    When you approach Barclays to initiate the account switch, just point out the existing account that has Blue Rewards on it. This becomes the nominated account that receives the switch and all that entails (the other account's balance, any associated S/Os D/Ds, any future payments to your old account will be rerouted here for a period, etc).
    : )
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 May 2018 at 3:28PM
    Options
    Just be warned that you need a dedicated Barclays card reader to make payments etc.online. Nationwide & Natwest readers will allow you to log in but they don't have an 'enter' button which you need to set up payments.
    Just discovered that!... and yes, I tried pressing the different buttons in turn and that didn't work.

15 mins on the phone to, possibly, an overseas call centre.

Will now remove the rest of the money from a bank machine and take it to pay into another bank account! Can't move it over the phone as I don't have a telephone pass number .Annoying. I also wanted to set up a SO: 5 -ish day wait for the card reader to come in the post before I can set that up.

I was offered a code to be e-mailed to me- and clicked on that button but no e-mail forthcoming..............

DDs showing on the account.

Ah, well, still ahead of the Natwest debacle!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure