Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Work pension

My work pension is changing over to Royal London. Do I transfer what I have already saved to Royal London or leave it where it is and start fresh??
Help please!!

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    No-one can answer that. What sort of pension is it with RL? I have a Stakeholder with them, which I'm not contributing to any more but I could top it up if I wanted to. Not all schemes allow that.

Who are you being transferred to? How old are you? How much have you got in RL? And the $64,000 question which no-one can answer with much certainty: which of the two providers will perform best between now and your retirement?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You don't really need any help with this. Your employer will tell you everything you need to know about your work pension, and if you have any other pension savings elsewhere, I would wait until you see how your work pension performs before deciding to move any other money to RL.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure