Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    The day has been dusted. Most urgent marking got done in time to hand back, but still plenty more to do.

Booked in to a course for new A levels for next year - on thursday! The ones run by the exam board cost the same and only cover 1 of the aspects this course offers. Downside is that I'll prob have to leave it early, to be able to get back to collect dd, but I get to go!

Another 400 kettlebell swings done, so up to 36% now.

A bag dropped off at the Sally Army - my one chance today to get some fresh air. The next one is already started. Dd reckons I need to buy another bag for when we do the pre-Christmas sort out!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Hope I didn't put you off the book.

Take all your makes and have lots of variety on your stall?
  • apple_muncher
    Hope I didn't put you off the book.

Take all your makes and have lots of variety on your stall?

No, you didn't put me off at all! Think I'd read the more relevant-to-me parts, and the rest was fluff and filler.

My stalls at the school fairs will have everything on and around them, including tubs on the floor. And will defo try and wangle as much as poss to the church craft evening too...!

Big sis is coming for an overnight visit tomorrow and will be the one to purge the spare room of all previous visitors! Dd is totally looking forward to seeing her too :D.
  • apple_muncher
    Ooph, I'm still running on adrenaline. Lost my fitbit :eek: and noticed around 2.30 pm. Spent a lot of time rushing round the building trying to find it, on my hands and knees rather a lot. All to no avail. Then at the end of the day discovered that one of the pupils had found it and handed it in. Phew. She'll be the recipient of plenty of sweeties! But the adrenaline and stress doesn't half linger...

Dd has her first brownie meeting tomight and has therefore already done her spellings. :D Big sis is due soon, but has been at the mercy of rail replacement bus services, poor thing.

Must've done at least 2k steps looking for the gizmo. Maybe... But imaginary ones don't really count so I'll just ensure it is on me and SAFE for the 2 trips to brownies...

Off to swing some kettlebell...
  • Twas a late night last night, due to chatting with big sis. Oops. Best not linger here tonight then...

Another NSD, 300 more KB swings and a craft project to ponder.

Bunnies in dd's school colours - now to persuade the PTA there to buy them to give to the y6 leavers in July next year... In preparation I went through dd's dresses and there are 7 (!) which would be far too small for her next summer, so I can cut them up - yay! Dd and I currently disagree about what colours shoud go where, but given that I'm teh one making them, then I guess I'll win... I'll prob do variations. The ones for the boys will have to be a little different - grey legs, white body, red ears. Not sure about the arms yet.

And I may try the same for my own school - need to get a dress though, as it is a funny burgandy(?) check.

Tomorrow is dh's eye op. And I'm off to the Hammersmith Flyover for a course. Still need to be up at about the same time though - the vagaries of lunnon traffic...

Best go catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs.
  • apple_muncher
    I am so glad that I don't work up in lunnon town and have to do the journey on a daily basis. Twas sardine-style both on the train AND the tube.

Anyhow, the course was excellent and well worth it and the chap finished early so I could leave without missing anything. I even had time to walk the last mile home and hang the washing on the airer, before rushing to get dd.

No word from dh so I guess all is proceeding as planned.

Tomorrow:
    - school run
    - library books
    - check out weightrose for gf pizza bases
    - aldee
    - cull emails
    - secret knitting
    - hyacinths - haven't looked at them since I planted them - oopsie.
    - collect dh from the hospital
    - bunnies?
    - grey fabric search?
  • Hope your DH's operation goes well! :)
  • apple_muncher
    Hope your DH's operation goes well! :)

Thank you! He had the op sometime this afternoon, and had a general. So if he feels up to it and if he has interweb, then I may hear from him later...
  • Oh gosh. Hope he's ok.
  • apple_muncher
    And ... He is home!

Phoned at 7 as dd and I were heading upstairs, so a quick volte face and off to hospital we went. Now home, dd is shattered, and dh is in pain. He was due to stay over (and I would have had the bed all to myself...) but really didn't want to stay. He's back tomorrow afternoon for the first check. So I reckon I'll be chauffering for that one - I'm not so mean as to put him on the bus, despite it running almost door to door...!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback