Iva help!!

Help I am currently looking into an Iva I have done the first little part. But have just realised I have a store card in my name which I have t declared on my debtors as someone else pays it off! It's only £700 do I need to declare this with it being in my name? Having a panic now!! :(

Comments

• Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Morning Cherylwilry
    yes you do need to declare it. They will request (or should request) a credit file to ensure all creditors are listed and accounted for. It doesn't matter the balance - you could owe them £100, still needs to be declared, as it will show favouritism if not, and false declaration when found out

give them a ring and advise them you forgot about the store card and get it added

""If you exclude any of your unsecured creditors, the ones included will feel they are being treated unfairly. As such they are unlikely to agree to your IVA.""
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Help I am currently looking into an Iva I have done the first little part. But have just realised I have a store card in my name which I have t declared on my debtors as someone else pays it off! It's only £700 do I need to declare this with it being in my name? Having a panic now!! :(

Have you signed up to the PPI yet? Have you done the PPI reclaim thing first in order to reduce the debts and maybe avoid the IVA altogether?
  • PrettyKittyKat
    PrettyKittyKat Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Don't worry, just give them a call and get them to add it on. Lots of people forget about debts, especially smaller or older ones so you won't be the first person to do it! From your post I don't think your IVA has even been accepted yet, so it really is no problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure