Blogging

Comments

• scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You could try an affiliate like Awin, they have a lot of advertisers some of which may be relevant to your blog:

https://www.awin.com/us/publishers

With that level of traffic you should make a few hundred a month depending on how engaged they are and if there are suitable affiliates etc.

First on Google for what keywords?

Good luck with it.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • Emmaaar22
    Emmaaar22 Posts: 731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Need a bit of advice. I started my Ebay affilates a month ago and I`m 100 percent positive I have made some sales through my links. Anyway, the daily bill has just come in, I use Ebay UK and i`ve noticed my months are a bit screwed up so March 2018 is before April 2018. I haven`t had the bill for this month come in, but instead i`ve noticed Ebay US has popped up with May 2018 underneath it.

Also, If a item i`ve linked has been sold to someone who didn`t go through my link does that mean I don`t get the commission?
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, £100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, £250 Zalando Voucher and £250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
  • FaceHeelTurn
    FaceHeelTurn Posts: 70 Forumite
    I started blogging a couple of years ago, primarily as a hobby but in an ideal world I'd obviously be earning a little money from it too. I haven't really looked into ads until now so will be putting some time aside over the summer to learn a bit more about it. Although from reading earlier posts, I realise I'm not posting nearly enough to gain a steady viewership.

My blog is a bit niche (documenting street art and graffiti in Belfast, and sometimes further afield) so I find that I don't often have enough to post about, as while there is a great art scene over here, it would be nothing in the same realm of bigger cities like Manchester or London.

Anyway, I look forward to reading some tips and advice on here :)
    Debts: CC1: [STRIKE]£1675.83[/STRIKE] £2269.40 CC2: [STRIKE]£3209.11[/STRIKE] £707.56 CC3:[STRIKE]£704.04[/STRIKE] £235.69 OWE PARTNER: £0
    2020 1% Challenge:
  • I started blogging a couple of years ago, primarily as a hobby but in an ideal world I'd obviously be earning a little money from it too. I haven't really looked into ads until now so will be putting some time aside over the summer to learn a bit more about it. Although from reading earlier posts, I realise I'm not posting nearly enough to gain a steady viewership.

My blog is a bit niche (documenting street art and graffiti in Belfast, and sometimes further afield) so I find that I don't often have enough to post about, as while there is a great art scene over here, it would be nothing in the same realm of bigger cities like Manchester or London.

Hi,

Can I please ask which host network you are using? I have been looking into setting up my own Blog over the past few weeks but feel that finding the right host is a bit of a minefield so I am slightly confused.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi,

Can I please ask which host network you are using? I have been looking into setting up my own Blog over the past few weeks but feel that finding the right host is a bit of a minefield so I am slightly confused.

Not sure I would describe it as a minefield. Most are relatively cheap and your outlay will be minimal compared to even a weekly shop.

I used 1 and 1, though my website is currently offline (I will put it back up in due course, but I want to re-evaluate how I work, as I have youtube and udemy courses and want to link them all together)
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Hi,

I'm just using Wordpress but am thinking of migrating to Black Knight over the summer. I've found Wordpress.com a bit restrictive and would like to be able to use something more versatile. It does take a lot of research, which I wish I had done before just jumping in with Wordpress.
    Debts: CC1: [STRIKE]£1675.83[/STRIKE] £2269.40 CC2: [STRIKE]£3209.11[/STRIKE] £707.56 CC3:[STRIKE]£704.04[/STRIKE] £235.69 OWE PARTNER: £0
    2020 1% Challenge:
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    I started blogging a couple of years ago, primarily as a hobby but in an ideal world I'd obviously be earning a little money from it too. I haven't really looked into ads until now so will be putting some time aside over the summer to learn a bit more about it. Although from reading earlier posts, I realise I'm not posting nearly enough to gain a steady viewership.

You need to post more. First put your blog address in your profile. Then widen your horizons, look further afield. There is some fantastic street art appearing in Hull at the moment, ever since they found a Banksy. Do your research for ideas for articles. Google street art in wherever. Have a look at this.
    http://browsemagazine.co.uk/art-bankside-gallery-hull-hulls-street-art-quarter/
    Be careful of copyright and plagiarism though. Can you travel to places and take your own photographs.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Chloe_G
    Chloe_G Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I've got a wordpress.com free blog which I would like to monetize. Should I pay for one of the Wordpress.com plans which allow you to monetize or should I migrate my blog to 1 and 1 or GoDaddy etc?

Thanks for any advice.
  • Ilona wrote: »
    You need to post more. First put your blog address in your profile. Then widen your horizons, look further afield. There is some fantastic street art appearing in Hull at the moment, ever since they found a Banksy. Do your research for ideas for articles. Google street art in wherever. Have a look at this.
    http://browsemagazine.co.uk/art-bankside-gallery-hull-hulls-street-art-quarter/
    Be careful of copyright and plagiarism though. Can you travel to places and take your own photographs.

Ilona

Thanks IIona,

Just heard in the news an entire estate in Hull is being taken over by street artists.

Since my blog is focussed on Belfast street art, I don't want to flood it with art from other cities, although I do have a couple of holidays coming up and I'll certainly be doing a couple of blogs from there.

I will get the blog in my signature though and start posting more regularly; I have been brainstorming some other articles and features I can write about.

Thank you for the advice!
    2020 1% Challenge:
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm thinking of starting a blog but I'm not sure how often to post. For me as a follower I think I'd get a bit fed up with daily updates. I'm not sure I'd be that interested that I'd want to follow something every day. I know people on here are saying once a week isn't enough but as a user I would have thought that was plenty. I'm still undecided though. Is anyone making any money from blogging or will I just be writing for nothing?
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport