saving my future self from debt

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    In the playground today, I heard part of a conversation: 'you need to have your little treats, like holidays'.

And I thought how holidays are not classed as 'little treats' in the apple household! Such a different mindset!

So, keep prioritising yourself and looking after you, pftp.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • In the playground today, I heard part of a conversation: 'you need to have your little treats, like holidays'.

And I thought how holidays are not classed as 'little treats' in the apple household! Such a different mindset!

So, keep prioritising yourself and looking after you, pftp.

Goodness - i know what you mean. Most people around here have at least 3 foreign holidays a year. It's been 4 years since our last holiday. Personally I don't mind. I just think of the vast quantities of money that get sucked into one or two weeks away. If I'm honest I prefer a long weekend away, plus I'm lucky as I get to go down to Brighton every other weekend :)
    Goal:to save £16,000 by 30/09/2019 claw back rental costs
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • pennyforthepot
    pennyforthepot Posts: 652 Forumite
    edited 25 May 2018 at 2:48PM
    beanielou wrote: »
    Keep plodding :)

Thanks Beanielou - I'm a natural plodder. Slow and steady that's me.

I was reading someone's diary yesterday. Somebody was having a difficult time of it and the respondent said something along the lines of: "don't worry, as the lovely Beanielou would say - keep plodding"

How sweet is that. You're little phase is up there with Tilly's Tidies:)
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • pennyforthepot
    edited 25 May 2018 at 7:22PM
    Another busy day of work, but not so long today. No more NSDs for me as I had to do a top up shop. Managed to use the last of my stockpot on some reduced price almond milk for next month. I've saved over £40 on reduced/bogof items this month - not bad going.

One week to go till the end of the month. I think I'm looking at an additional £700+ to go to my rental pot this month (at least I think I am). £117 left in my cash pot but I need to put some petrol in the car, definitely got some food to buy next week as I'm running low on fruit and veg.

I managed to cross a couple more items off my eat it up challenge, although I may decide to buy them again to add to DDs repertoire of gf vegan meals.

Scores on the Doors Today:

Spent Today/Spent This Month/Monthly Budget
    • £6.51/£187.11/£250 food
    • £2/51.16/£50 stockpot (overspend!)
    • £0/£40/£60 kids
    • £0/£25.05/£40 misc
    • £0/£53.43/£85 petrol
    • £0/16.90/£20 me
    • £0.49/£7.91 OP
    • £1.05/££37.45 electricity
    • £17.17 Daily Available Spend (up £1.27)

PFTP X
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Did you ever get a reponse from your ex?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Did you ever get a reponse from your ex?

Im meeting him for a coffee next week, hes been away on business so Im lucky he can slot me in :mad: I havent seen him for over a year and the prospect having a coffee with him is making me a little anxious despite it being over 13 years ago that he left.
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • pennyforthepot
    edited 25 May 2018 at 7:37PM
    Sitting down at work is not good for my back, Im not used to sitting down for such a long time any more. I must must must get back into my yoga and exercise, its been nearly 2 months since I did anything and nearly 4 months since I had to stop running. Im feeling a little bit lardy to say the least.

Even worse Ive put on a few pounds so Im going to have to tackle that. Ive been the same weight for around 16 years since I had DD and am lucky to have skinny genes as my DH tells me but they certainly wont stay that way if I dont get my act together. Im so busy with everything at the moment but going to try and get in a good 30 minute yoga session and aim to go for a walk tomorrow.

I do lead a fairly healthy lifestyle - eat well, sleep well, dont smoke,rarely drink but I am an ferocious sugar addict - it is ssooo bad that I have to keep all sweet snacks locked in a suitcase in the boot of my car. To get to it I have walk out the flat, go down the lift to the underground car park, which is the only thing that stops me, not something I want to do of an evening wrapped up in my jimmyjams :eek:

Scores on the Doors Today:

Spent Today/Spent This Month/Monthly Budget
    • £4.27/£191.38/£250 food
    • £0/51.16/£50 stockpot (overspend!)
    • £0/£40/£60 kids
    • £0/£25.05/£40 misc
    • £0/£53.43/£85 petrol
    • £0/16.90/£20 me
    • £0.49/£7.91 OP
    • £1.51/£38.96 electricity
    • £19.19 Daily Available Spend (up £2.02)

PFTP X
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I do lead a fairly healthy lifestyle - eat well, sleep well, dont smoke,rarely drink but I am an ferocious sugar addict - it is ssooo bad that I have to keep all sweet snacks locked in a suitcase in the boot of my car. To get to it I have walk out the flat, go down the lift to the underground car park, which is the only thing that stops me, not something I want to do of an evening wrapped up in my jimmyjams :eek:
    Hilarious. I can relate :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Hilarious. I can relate :)

I got it bad :o
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing