Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Comments

• Dave_Fowler
    Dave_Fowler Posts: 612 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think they mean that their smart meter can measure and report exported energy. Your FIT meter will measure all generation, - self-consumed plus export. I'd be most surprised if your FIT meter had any means of talking to the smart meter.

Dave F
    Solar PV System 1: 2.96kWp South+8 degrees. Roof 38 degrees. 'Normal' system
    Solar PV System 2: 3.00kWp South-4 degrees. Roof 28 degrees. SolarEdge system
    EV car, PodPoint charger
    Lux LXP 3600 ACS + 6 x 2.4kWh Aoboet LFP 2400 battery storage. Installed Feb 2021
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It looks like they are simply showing off by telling you that their smart meter is so clever it's even been able to read your PV meter. (And I suppose implying that if you change FIT supplier they could possibly automate FIT payments?)

Yes, I thought it might be a sales pitch, to encourage me to transfer. I may well do, when the time is right.
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    sevenhills wrote: »
    Yes, I thought it might be a sales pitch, to encourage me to transfer. I may well do, when the time is right.

Careful. There was talk of using the actual export figure, rather than an assume 50%, if you had a meter that could measure it.

I'd be out of pocket if they move me away from assumed export - I only export about 25% of my PV, but get paid for 50%.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • sevenhills
    orrery wrote: »
    Careful. There was talk of using the actual export figure, rather than an assume 50%, if you had a meter that could measure it.
    I'd be out of pocket if they move me away from assumed export - I only export about 25% of my PV, but get paid for 50%.

Is that what they do, just a 50% estimate?

I have eight panels, not had a payment yet, how much roughly will 798 units be in my bank account?
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Yes.
    I have eight panels, not had a payment yet, how much roughly will 798 units be in my bank account?
    Depends on your EPC level and when your system was registered.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary

That depends on what FIT rate you are on. For most of us, there are 2 rates:
    Generation and Export (you'll have to look up what the rate was on your contract)

You'll get:
    798 x Generation rate
    plus
    798 x Export rate /2 (the "assumed 50%" of units exported)

I've had a Smart meter fitted, and I have my FIT from a different supplier from my power and no-one has suggested that I have to move from "assumed" to measured export ..... yet.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • sevenhills
    orrery wrote: »
    That depends on what FIT rate you are on. For most of us, there are 2 rates:
    Generation and Export (you'll have to look up what the rate was on your contract)

I think my installation date was around 1 July 2015 to 30 September 2015
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    I think my installation date was around 1 July 2015 to 30 September 2015
    And yet you've "not had a payment yet". How come?
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • sevenhills
    KevinG wrote: »
    And yet you've "not had a payment yet". How come?

I bought the house in September last year, under right to buy. Issues with paperwork have delayed things, and Good Energy are very slow at paying, even after the meter reading was submitted.

Once I get the first payment, I will consider moving.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,547 Forumite
    I’m with e-on for my FiTs. Reading in Monday evening, in the bank 4 days later:beer:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback