Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Comments

• Carbootcrazy - my elder daughter went to Lady Dinah's cat cafe in London recently (it was fabulous, apparently), and her cats knew instantly she'd been 'cheating' on them with other cats, and wouldn't have anything to do with them for hours !!

Bye for a week, HHOD, am always off the grid on holiday. I expect to find 5 million posts when I come back (exaggeration), and 700 emails (regrettably NOT exaggerated!).

Loved the story about your daughter and the cat cafe:T. Looks like most cats get jealous if they think their owners are taking an interest in other cats:rotfl:

Have a lovely holiday. I hope the sun shines on you and you have a relaxing and fun time making lots of priceless memories:beer:
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Have you seen Martin's "thing" about hayfever tablets? I am fairly certain that Home Bargains sell Corsodyl for £2.99 & a product with exactly the same ingredients for £1.99. If you have a HB it has got to be at least worth a look. There was an ad on TV the other day for Boots about a hayfever tablet 2 pks for ONLY £6. Non-branded in HB (& other places) 79p/pk.
  • No wonder you feel out of sorts, HH:kisses3:. The stress level caused by cashflow when you've a family to feed and care for must be immense, especially as things are not in your own power to remedy. I hope some of the tardy payers will do the decent thing and send some money your way today

Thanks Carboot.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Positive money vibes your way.

Thanks Beanie.
    I'm sure stress doesn't help, making you more susceptible to viruses. Hope you get your monies in soon.

Carbootcrazy - my elder daughter went to Lady Dinah's cat cafe in London recently (it was fabulous, apparently), and her cats knew instantly she'd been 'cheating' on them with other cats, and wouldn't have anything to do with them for hours !!

beanielou - I also tried Corsodyl for a while, but it is horrendously expensive. You can never be sure whether it's worth it because, as with all health-related things, you can't run the experiment both ways.

Bye for a week, HHOD, am always off the grid on holiday. I expect to find 5 million posts when I come back (exaggeration), and 700 emails (regrettably NOT exaggerated!).

Have a lovely holiday Elizabeth :)
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 May 2018 at 7:39PM
    No invoices were paid today unfortunately :(. We have four outstanding and customers expressing interest in new work but no money in yet :(. I know it will come in eventually and they'll probably all pay on the same day :mad:.

I didn't go to my volunteering as I don't feel right, but I felt fed up for not going because I enjoy it.

We got a fair amount of work done until DH's sister rang. When you work from home people are very willing to interrupt you :mad:.

I got a YG survey for 150 points :T so I'm on 3500 points now, creeping up. I also got two small PA surveys. I also got a £1 bonus from PA today :beer:.

My mum popped in with with some ready meals from M&S which means I won't have to cook (much) tonight :).

It's been lovely and sunny but I only left the house to hang washing in the garden.

Hope every's had a good Thursday :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I had hoped to read you had been paid , but as you say will all come together , fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Hoping you feel slightly better than you did .

PA has been busy this week . Yay to You Gov , you will get there eventually, it took me about 8 months to get the £50.

Love your DS , they are always full of surprises, trips to Spain , girlfriends in New Orleans .

Have a good evening .
  • Thanks Cumbria. It's true that my DS's are full of surprises :D.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Boo to no invoices paid :(

Got the mouth wash today when was in nearest big town today~~thanks again :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Boo to no invoices paid :(

Got the mouth wash today when was in nearest big town today~~thanks again :)

You're welcome Beanie, it's always nice to find a bargain :).
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Any other tesco tips please?
    A friend does get me the value dishwasher tablets.
    Thanks.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sorry to hear the invoices haven't been paid yet :( It's annoying because if it was you that owed money you'd have to pay straight away. Fingers crossed the money comes in soon.

Good news on the DS front though, they sound like good lads :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure