Shea Butter Alternative for the Face?

Shea Butter is a great moisturiser for the skin and is natural from what i've heard however, due to clogging of the pores can't be used on the face.
Is there a natural product that does moisturise my dry facial skin, i don't feel any benefit from the normal face creams on the market and would love to find a cheap natural item similar to Shea Butter that won't break the bank.:doh:
Time Is The Enemy!

Comments

• MissRox
    MissRox Posts: 10 Forumite
    My skin gets clogged easily from most creams. Have you tried rose hip oil? I buy the organic cold-pressed from The Ordinary. My skin has never felt better, but I guess it depends how dry your skin tends to be. For very dry skin I heard squalane oil is really good. You can buy that from TO as well, it's just £5.50 for 30ml.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    How old are you
  • Spender£
    Spender£ Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    MissRox wrote: »
    My skin gets clogged easily from most creams. Have you tried rose hip oil? I buy the organic cold-pressed from The Ordinary. My skin has never felt better, but I guess it depends how dry your skin tends to be. For very dry skin I heard squalane oil is really good. You can buy that from TO as well, it's just £5.50 for 30ml.
    Great advice, many thanks i will have a look for that, i do suffer from very dry facial skin however, i have tried all sorts of creams which i personally think make me look even worse, that's why i'm trying to go as natural as possible, i don't believe the hype with the more expensive items, i think they rely on the placebo effect.
    Time Is The Enemy!
  • Spender£
    Spender£ Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    hollydays wrote: »
    How old are you
    Thirty three!
    Time Is The Enemy!
  • marrowgirl
    marrowgirl Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Coconut oil works for me, I use it before going to bed. It doesn't seem to sink in too well (maybe I use too much) but my skin is lovely and soft in the morning. I don't get break outs with it either. Grapeseed oil was my favourite (much lighter and sunk it quicker) but I have run out.
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
  • London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 436 Forumite
    Rosehip oil works for me. I'm 33 too and suffer from dry skin. I use shea butter for the body and rosehip for the face.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Oil of evening primrose
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Another for rosehip oil here. I get breakouts easily but not with rosehip oil :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • I use squalane oil and love it as it is so quickly absorbed. Very light and skin very soft afterwards. No problem with blocked pores either
    Newly retired and looking forward to 
    a fulfilling, positive & happy future.

• rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I use the Weleda almond range, which includes almond oil as one of the options. It works really well, both on its own or mixed into other creams to give them a bit of a boost.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure