Finding an appropriate office/workshop at a good price

I have a small business which I do part time and I currently have office space which I use to store stuff and take photos of items. However recently thing have taken a turn I did not expect them to and I have started manufacturing small components which involves using power tools such as lathes and mills and it goes without saying an office block is not an appropriate place to do this so I have to do it at night when no one else is in the building so I don’t disturb them. The time has come for me to move.

I’m struggling finding something that is suitable. I only need about 600sf of floor space somewhere I can make as much noise as I want such as in and industrial estate however the smallest I can find is 1500sf which is more than I need and expensive.

So now I need to get inventive but my creativity has run out. Any suggestions on how to find something I need at a reasonable price.

Comments

• Lomast
    Lomast Posts: 849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Unfortunately units that size are few and far between, do you have any farms nearby as they may be willing to rent you a barn or outbuilding
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 April 2018 at 11:49PM
    Lomast wrote: »
    Unfortunately units that size are few and far between, do you have any farms nearby as they may be willing to rent you a barn or outbuilding

Ones that are secure and have power so power tools can be recharged.

OP you tried bizspace ?
  • tastyhog
    tastyhog Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lomast wrote: »

not sure where the OP lives but there isn't a single industrial estate around here that doesnt have smaller 500 - 1000sqft units for 4 - 7k a year
  • How about renting other businesses equipment in their workshop instead of spending it on premises?
  • Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Depends where you are, I am currently in a unit a little larger and there is other units here which are smaller.
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Your local authority may have an online business premises database.

Check their website for business support pages.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure