Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Bob & Kirsty. :hello: Been a bit rubbish updating here, just feeling tired.

The gammon was lovely, might try chucking some root ginger in with the ginger ale or try ginger beer next time to make it a bit stronger. The ginger preserve glaze in the oven was really nice though, would definitely do that again. :) Had a nice time with my mum up and showed her the nursery and stuff we have ready.

Bob, my midwife did point me towards the birth plan section in my notes but I don't know that I'd have anything really specific to put there. I'll have a think and a read - next midwife appt is on Tues but is with a different midwife due to the bank holiday on Monday. Baby has only just stopped kicking/punching the usual midwife everytime she touches the bump - he/she doesn't like strangers touching! :rotfl:

Thanks Kirsty, I'm trying not to get too set on anything in particular regarding the birth, although I know I'll be upset if I have to go down the more medicalised route rather than staying in the midwife led unit. Have been very healthy so far though, so hopefully all stays well. No idea how I will cope in labour to be honest - DH is more scared than me atm. :o:eek:

We both enjoy getting out into the garden and getting it looking nice but it is time consuming. Didn't actually do the re-potting of the tomato seedlings until Tuesday - had a fairly laid back day on the Monday. DH finally got there with the new taps on the bath. :j

I finish work 2 weeks today,:eek: only 4 more late shifts then doing 3 days of special duties, then 2 early shifts & 4 days special duties the week after so can choose my own hours then more or less. Getting a lot more tired now so mostly looking forward to finishing. Another retirement on my shift has been announced so that's another collection to start & card to organise before I stop and pass it to someone else to finish.

Have booked myself an appointment for a cut & blow dry next week as my hair is ridiculously long and thick atm - will prob be my last haircut before the baby arrives. :eek::)

My sister bought and delivered the moses basket to us, so DH has built the rocking stand for it and we just need to wash the bedding for it. :T
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sounds like you're almost ready now then sashy :D

I found that often people coped better than they thought they would. My favourite birth plans centred around the room/atmosphere rather than specifics - ie do you want music playing, do you have a special playlist, do you want the lights low if possible, who do you want there etc etc :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Kirsty, it's helpful to know what other people have considered with birth plans, will have a think.

Feeling very tired now, finished work just over an hour earlier than usual tonight, would normally just be heading home at this time so hoping the extra rest will help. Will head to bed shortly - had a few things to do around the house as DH working late shifts as well this week.

Got my plug plants for the hanging baskets delivered yesterday - although for some reason Y0del thought that a "safe place" constituted my front doorstep - again!!! :mad: Also the pack of plug plants is designed to be posted through the letter box so why leave it sitting there where anyone could see and take it?!! :mad:

Planted them out into hanging baskets this morning - got mostly fuschias with a few petunias. Will need to buy some lobelia as really like that in hanging baskets as well. Will also get some upright lobelia & verbena for my pots and front border as they are very bright and cheerful.

Tomato seedlings are doing well and courgette seedlings looking good too - one is massive already. :j The potato plants are coming through at the top of the bag now so hopefully not long until they get bigger, flower and give us some new potatoes. :T

Need to go through both mine & baby's hospital bags tomorrow before work. Think I have everything for the baby packed (minus the shawl) but forget what I have/don't have for myself and sure there are a few things I still need to put in. Getting nagged at to have bags & notes in the car just in case. :o
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Had a quick check of the hospital bags and added a few things to mine but still not quite finished, nearly there though. Will go through both bags with DH tomorrow so he knows roughly what is in each.

Got a washing done last night & DH hung it up for me when he came home and put the work shirts on. I ironed those before work today so one less thing to worry about.

Luckily work was fine today and got away my hour earlier, will also be getting away earlier tomorrow night. On special duties Mon & Tues so can decide what time I want to start - will probably aim for 11 or 12 so I can be home around 9 at the latest.

Days off Wed & Thurs and going out for one of the retirement lunches on the Wed so that should be nice - getting my haircut beforehand too so my hair will be sitting nicely for a change. :p Will only be out for a couple of hours as obviously I can't go out for drinks afterwards, so can have a restful evening.

Going to head to bed soon, felt a lot better today and felt like I had a better sleep last night, although was up several times needing to pee. :o
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Just popping by to see how you're getting on. You must be counting down the days till finishing work!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi TOP, yes really feeling it now and definitely on a countdown - 9 more working days left over the next 2 weeks & it's going to feel like forever. At least on special duties I can go in earlier or later & work slightly shorter shifts as well.

Work was fine today but I'm getting to the point where I don't really care about things that I usually would. :o Had someone saying I hadn't done something etc etc a bit of moaning & I didn't even have the energy to care, I just shrugged & said fine blame me then. :o It is quite unlike me to be like that & I probably hadn't done whatever it was but it wasn't really as big a deal as they were making out. Normally it probably would have upset me more though & I would have argued back but just couldn't be bothered.

Heading to bed soon, feeling quite sore & tired today again.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    9 days will go by very quickly. Hang in there.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Bob, first day of special duties today was good, a lot more relaxed as doing things at my own pace & nothing that "needs" to be done urgently. Went in from 11:30-6:30 & had frequent breaks as sitting too long hurts my back. 8 more working days to go. :j

Only thing that was a total pain was the work PC that I was using has some IT issue where it locks you out all the time. Spoke to the helpdesk 3 times to get it unlocked so obviously there's an underlying problem with it. The IT man actually started recognising my voice which is never good.:rotfl:

Got my midwife appointment tomorrow morning so will be up & out a bit earlier than today. Plus side to that is I'll be home earlier tomorrow evening then have 2 days off work. :j

Weather was lovely & sunny here today, a lot milder than it has been which was nice. Still a bit chilly when the sun goes down though.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    How exciting that you're nearly finished for mat leave sashy. Won't be long before you're cuddling your little bundle of joy :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Kirsty - only 7 more days left at work. :j Am off for the next two days now thankfully, feeling wiped out.

Midwife appointment went well, she was happy with everything but my iron levels are still a bit lower than they'd like so want me to try taking the full 3 tablets a day. Will try as have managed a lot better taking 2 a day than I thought I would - it's always upset my stomach before but not too bad so far. I also got a row for not doing my birth plan, so did jot a couple of things down later at work. Back to see midwife in 2 weeks & will be 39+3 by then. :eek:

Baby is still head down and is engaged in the pelvis now :T but has their back to my right hand side and all arms and legs to my left. No wonder the bump is usually lopsided! :rofl: I know the baby does turn around as can feel it sticking its bum right out when it does it, just being a wee monkey atm. :D My friend has an exercise/birthing ball she said I can borrow and also a TENS machine, just need to buy new pads for it. :T So that's very kind of her and saves me some money as well. :)

Getting my hair cut tomorrow - looking forward to having some of the weight taken out of it. I have naturally thick hair anyway so being pregnant has made it even worse!

Going to have a bath and then read in bed. Hoping to have a nice sleep tonight without having to get up too much to pee.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback