MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• Epic post alert... So much to catch up on!!

always I'm sorry you're feeling so fed up. It's hard enough with hormones, let alone additional extras. I wonder if the little dude is feeling a bit insecure about the impending arrival? Not that you've done anything wrong, but I wonder if it's a natural pecking order thing? How old is he?

Milly I'm afraid to say I would be naming my wee one whatever I wanted, I personally think it's unfair of her to say that to you. It is an incredibly difficult situation though-I think you have to go with your heart, and pick the name you want, taking others feelings out of the equation, it has to be e right name for you.
    Like others have said, she may not have a girl, not like the name in the future, etc. I know I always had a dream name for a girl, and now I'm having one, it's not even entered into the equation. She may be a little put out to begin with, but I'm sure she'll be fine after a cuddle or two?

missy glad you're feeling better-no sleep is e worst isn't it? And coughing/sneezing towards the end of pregnancy? Not pretty. I had a really bad fit of the sneezes the other day-needed a change of pants after, good job I was at home! :rotfl:

krusty I've had similar worries. I have been reassigned a CPN whilst pregnant, as the hormones were mucking with my moods, and was off my meds, so I would definitely recommend mentioning it to your midwife. They seem really hot on this, and can hopefully sort something for you.

Jedi 40 lengths?? :eek: go you, I couldnt manage 4! Try and ret up a little tho? Hopefully you're feeling a bit better?

Congrats again mrs TM, he's a little stunner, hope you're settling in ok? Arnica? Duly noted

AFM- 36w, and feeling every second! I seem huge, and knackered almost overnight. Painted one wall and a bit of skirting and needed a nap! Got to pack my bag (still!) and finish off our bedroom, then she can arrive whenever she wants. Terrified and excited all at once!!
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Bubblepops wrote: »
    Congrats again mrs TM, he's a little stunner, hope you're settling in ok? Arnica? Duly noted

Settling in nicely. He still has mostly the same schedule that he had before he was born, plus we discovered the power of the swaddle today. My stitches hurt quite badly, but the midwife will be checking them over tomorrow. Alternating paracetamol and ibuprofen to try and keep on top of the pain, but they still sting!
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • thanks for all your comments. They echo what my friends and family have said also. I think we will keep it on the list but we didn't plan on making any final decisions until baby arrives so when it does, and if it is a girl, then we shall see what name baby feels like at the time.

I may raise it with my MIL also and see what she says about it. She knows how ive struggled in the past with my fav names been taken by very close family so she will hopefully sympathise and talk with SIL.
  • I spoke to DH last night who said he really doesn't think I will get down again but that he will support me with whatever I want to do.

I also rang the MW this morning who has given me an apt tomorrow morning to talk through my worries regarding labour and a recurrence of PND.

I will update you further when I've had my apt.

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• Yep bubble pops feeling fine now. I was swimming 65 lengths before getting pregnant so I have already dropped my exercise a lot. I managed to swim 50 lengths past my due date with my first. I remember the morning my waters went with my first, I was planning a swim but couldn't go then boo!

Forgot about the arnica, must start writing a list for bag and getting things sorted.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • so glad you have a supportive OH krustylouise. And all the best for your apt tomorrow with your mw - hope that goes really well.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Thank you AP x

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• Bubblepops wrote: »
    And coughing/sneezing towards the end of pregnancy? Not pretty. I had a really bad fit of the sneezes the other day-needed a change of pants after, good job I was at home! :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh this really made me laugh, definitely perked up my Monday evening! :p I keep thinking of those adverts where they have an 'oops!' moment, I've definitely had a few of those and always follow it with an 'Oops!' :p The joys of pregnancy, eh!?

Thanks for the tip jedi, I think I'm getting over it now but may still try a steam bowl later with some Vicks, I love the smell anyways and it won't hurt, I'm still really bunged up. I'm envious of you still keeping up your swimming, even if you have had to drop the lengths. I went a couple of times before Christmas and could only manage between 20-25, and then shamefully I've not been again since! Really need to get back into it but I'm just so busy at work all I want to do when I get home is sit down. Next week I will make it my mission to go at least once, you've inspired me :)

krusty, I'm so pleased your OH is really supportive. Good luck with your appointment, hoping all goes well and you start to feel a bit better.

Mrs_T_M, thanks for the arnica tip. It's on my list so must make sure I actually get some! I've also put on my list to grab some ice packs from work, they're the ones where you crack them to make them cold so they can be kept in the bag until needed - talk of your stitches reminded me of that :o Hope you're starting to feel better and enjoying all the time with your gorgeous little boy.

Phoenix - nursing bras! That's one thing I haven't even put on my list :o How did I miss that off!? Were the ones from Tesco in a normal store or online? I'm going to a Mothercare event tomorrow evening so will hopefully get measured up properly there. In desperate need, I've been making do with sports bras but really should get measured properly. Surprised I've got this far to be honest!
  • Congratulation Mrs TM.

Are you taking arnica tablets? I've seen there is a cream too but I don't know if that would be any good for stitches!

• Morning all,

Looks like you have all been busy J

Bubblepops – Thanks for the laughs.

Mrs T_M – Congratulations.

Missysg1 – I agree, use the name youwant. Also, if it may be a couple ofyears off that your SIL has children, there is no reason they cannot have thesame name. It’s a good lesson to nottell anyone before have though. I told awork colleague that we quite liked Octavia. His instant reaction was ‘what, Like the Skoda?’ Luckily I was quick and said ‘yes, our nextchildren will be called Fabia and Superb!’ Its still on the maybe list for us though but just not so high up. We have 2 girls name in reserve and oneboys. But will see what little un lookslike when they arrive J

Krustylouise – I bet we all have doubts onour abilities at some level so you are not alone. I guess when it happens we have to deal withit then. Last Sunday I attended aHypnobirth session. It wasexcellent. All about breathing andaccepting our bodies are supposed to do this and a bit on visualisation (a bitlike athletes visualise winning a race beforehand). Then on triggers we can use to calm us down(Smells, fabrics, own pillow etc). Ihighly recommend it. But what was usefulis she said the techniques are not used just for birthing. They can be used when you are stressing at 3in the morning when baby has not stopped screaming and (theoretically) baby willcalm sooner to. I know I am not an oldmum, but at 38 I am a little older so do worry how I will cope. So it may beworth looking into for you. Perhaps askyour MW about any in the area. You canbuy CD’s off eBay but I felt that a class was a better start for me.

Arnica – that and Laninosh going on the packinglist. At the Hypnobirth class she saidit good to take tablets every few hours during labour. But the cream sounds like a great idea forafterwards as well. She also recommendedcrushed ice in a flask as often you don’t feel like drinking but may want tosuck on an ice cube. At this rate I willneed a trolley for all the food and stuff I will be taking in! I guess that may be what the pram can be usedfor!

As for my GTT. Levels are keeping low with diet. Not changed it too much. Just refused a few cakes at work L. I was really upset when Iwas first diagnosed. But now I see thebenefits. I get monitored and get scansevery 2 weeks so get to see little un more often. J

Had my whooping cough jab yesterday and notfelt ill yet so fingers crossed.

Also, on a slightly embarrassing side, Ihave an uncomfortable lump in my private area. GP said it could just be due to extra blood flow in the area. Another of the benefits of pregnancy! But she is referring me to the Gyne ward athospital for further investigation. Luckily I can get a ‘season ticket’ for the car park!

Have a good week ladies
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family