Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rwalton159 wrote: »
    Spoke with TalkTalk loyalty and I'll be paying just £4 per month for the next 12 months. For what I get that's a very good price. ☺

i would say, esp as im paying £6.50
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • jaks111
    jaks111 Posts: 570 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Looking for 1,000 mins not sure about data as I need to check what I have with orange I don't download listen to music watch films etc I have a iPhone my orange contract has expired orange have come back with a more expensive deal to what I pay now.

I was looking at virgin mobile as my tv package is with them great deals but then double in price after 6 months.
    I do need 1,000 mins
    Any help would be great.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    jaks111 wrote: »
    Looking for 1,000 mins not sure about data as I need to check what I have with orange I don't download listen to music watch films etc I have a iPhone my orange contract has expired orange have come back with a more expensive deal to what I pay now.

I was looking at virgin mobile as my tv package is with them great deals but then double in price after 6 months.
    I do need 1,000 mins
    Any help would be great.

A sim only from Life Mobile at £6 per month, will give you 1500 mins, unlimited text , 1 GB , their website advertises several options, this option is £7.95 I think, but through uswitch it is £6 . You don't need to go through uswitch though, just say you would like them to honour that deal and they do. If you need convincing, go to https://www.hotukdeals.co.uk type in life mobile and see over 200 users reviews, all favourable. All you do is ask your current provider for you pac code and use it within 30 days or it expires and you have to ask again.
  • jaks111
    jaks111 Posts: 570 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you I looked at the deal I am sure you have to pay to retrieve your voicemails let me know if I am wrong otherwise I would be interested.
  • System
    edited 24 February 2016 at 7:46AM
    Thank you I looked at the deal I am sure you have to pay to retrieve your voicemails let me know if I am wrong otherwise I would be interested.

Oddly enough, last night I emailed to ask how I stop voicemail and if not able,how do I delay them coming into play as on my EE rook phone, I can't work it out.

What gives you the impression they have to be paid for. When I am up and on laptop, will delve into t&c
  • Does anybody know if you can use the Vodafone advantages 20% off deal on the Vodafone sim only deal ( 20gb, unlimited mins and texts with 50 pound Amazon voucher and free Netflix for a year) which was on the money saving expert weekly email?
  • System

I phoned Life and formed the impression a 35p charge was levied and asked that answerphone facility be terminated.

Later because this was slightly worrying me, I called back to Life Mobile.

I was WRONG. Apparently the 35p retrieval charge is only implemented if you have EXCEEDED your monthly minutes allowance. If a retrieval is carried out within your allocated allowance, it is simply deducted from the allowance. Whilst on, I requested my 20secs calling ring is increased to 30 seconds.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ns00058 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you can use the Vodafone advantages 20% off deal on the Vodafone sim only deal ( 20gb, unlimited mins and texts with 50 pound Amazon voucher and free Netflix for a year) which was on the money saving expert weekly email?

No other discounts can be added, according to Voda staff on Digital Spy.
    ====
  • I must be very lucky as I have a sim only deal for £6 .50 its 1000 minutes unlimited text and 250 mg. I am with Orange, I cant understand why people pay so much extra for monthly deals.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Cindy12 wrote: »
    I must be very lucky as I have a sim only deal for £6 .50 its 1000 minutes unlimited text and 250 mg. I am with Orange, I cant understand why people pay so much extra for monthly deals.

250MB?? :rotfl:

I gather you don't make much use of your phone then? Do you even have a smartphone?
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport