PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help! ink on wallpaper

Options

Comments

• Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think you might just have to get used to it.:(

My DS2 has decided the only walls he will draw on are the ones we have decorated. I have pencil all over part of my living room walls, which I can't erase as they are slightly textured so can't get into the crevices. TBH, I don't see it now and it's not where anyone sittin gin the room would stare at. The other walls he has attacked are the hall/stairs/landing which I repaint and DS1's room which is washable.
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ahhhh I really miss having little'uns about ........... NOT!!! :D
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Mado
    Mado Posts: 21,776 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Jay Jay... I was going to suggest cut a patch of the wallpaper and start a new decorating trend of patchwork walls....

Should have painted your walls though.. a bit of Jif and the damage's gone.
    Also found that nail polish remover does great on a lot of stains ... but probably not on wallpaper.

Good Luck, 16 months it's only the beginning!
    I lost my job as a cricket commentator for saying “I don’t want to bore you with the details”.Milton Jones
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    It's on a bit of wall that's really noticeable, just next to the telly in the middle of the only bit of wall that doesn't have furniture against it.....I can put up with it though as it's much lighter than it was before I tried all these methods.

Mado wrote:
    Also found that nail polish remover does great on a lot of stains ... but probably not on wallpaper.

I tried that too! It didn't work either undecided.gif
    Good Luck, 16 months it's only the beginning!

I know....I have an 'almost six' year old too ;)
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried Flash erasers?

Someone on here recommended them to me when my little monster had some fun with a permanent marker pen. Unsurprisingly the erasers couldn't cope with that, but already faded biro might be ok.

I've since taken out accidental damage insurance cover for just this sort of thing ;)
  • aurorahelios
    aurorahelios Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    My 2yo DD has a fascination with drawing, unfortunately she has managed to find a (usually well hidden) biro and one of my walls is now sporting a big blue scribble. Any ideas how we can get it off the wallpaper without having to resort to redecorating.
  • mags50_2
    mags50_2 Posts: 381 Forumite
    Options
    Hi :)

Have you tried a baby-wipe... they seem to remove lots of scribbles..

or.... a piece of white bread rubbed gently over it often helps

thank heavens our 3 DD's are grown up now!! just have to watch the Grandchildren lol when they pay a visit to Granny and Grandad's!

HTH
    A family that eats together, stays together

NSD 50/365
    GC JAN £259.63/£400 FEB £346.41/£350.00 MAR £212.57/£300 APR £1/£250
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Try a bit of hairspray, always works with mine.
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This older thread might be of some help too :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=53060#post53060
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I remember my gran using a piece of white bread on a scribble one of us had done on the wall. As far as I can recall, she just wadged it up in a ball then used it like an eraser. You could try and see if a piece of white sliced works for you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure