Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think that nifty Excel formula someone did was on the lost spreadsheet. I have tried to replicate it but am not sure I have the APG formula right. Are we being paid 21p to take away the Benefit sets please?!
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So for the B&H sets, in order to keep the APG under £20 do i need to only get fillers that are N/A?
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I think that nifty Excel formula someone did was on the lost spreadsheet. I have tried to replicate it but am not sure I have the APG formula right. Are we being paid 21p to take away the Benefit sets please?!

Where are these please? sorry answered it myself
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 November 2017 at 5:02PM
    bubbs wrote: »
    Actually I won't as might not pick morries up and had enough fails

Oh. Might well pick up Morries. I would have thought it was fairly low risk as long as people pick the ones that M has. The way my Ms went I would think this was getting more likely to work from Wednesday's collection than the opposite - on Monday I had one store not showing offers but that was early in the day but by Wednesday there are more offer SELs around for me. I just had one store that was a bit bitty and hadn't done a full job of changing every one, but others had complete offer pricing and would think that would even out - I've had stores before with full price across all of an item (not these items) and that hasn't affected the result, as generally they will have offers showing in most stores. I don't consider this a great risk - but, as you suggest, watch it fail now:eek::rotfl:.

I would go for this, if I needed them (or even if I wanted them and could come in useful - for me, they don't really though, which is why I'm not shopping for them) - to be honest my Cadbury Gateau was I feel far more risky (and I knew this:eek::wall:) - would even have been cheaper buying in Sains:eek: - or Avs S cheaper than buying in M - should have put it on my Mullers shop, got the wrong shop for that one:p:rotfl::rotfl:. Since I didn't find it and would need more stores to do so, perhaps this suggests it's in fewer Ms - they probably then go have it but maybe only in one M and as that place hadn't changed its SEL on Monday, and the product wasn't found more widely, likely to have correct price on display, to cancel that out it gets left with what seems to be incorrect full price. I think, fwiw, items that are in ranges that aren't in many collection stores, or perhaps are just in one, will be more likely to pick up incorrect prices than others.

I didn't have many stores on Wednesday so that is my reason for not finding - as we saw, the collectors did appear to find the product in M. There are items that I have only in one store - or, when I did a proper six, had only in one store - and, if it happened that my one store doesn't have a correct price on display, then I am more likely to have the wrong price without anywhere else to correct me. If I know items have been on offer because I've seen them elsewhere but just end up with one store having them on a set, I end up having to check those items at the SS (or less reliably at the till). I just hope the collectors have a store with the offer.

As for the Aussies, most of them are widely available and I don't see widespread SEL problems. I think these are very likely to be good from Monday and even more so from Wednesday. Don't think of M as too much of a risk - my item fail, with the gateau, was.

I have been doing vs M on the APG very well up to that point. Just when I think I have got consistent comparisons, I am back to square one with seeing another fail:(. I know the mix and match on the Kipling's turned out to be dodgy and I just happened to pick the ones they had on the M offer in the APG - more due to T only having had the other two on offer that turned out not to work on mix and match against M. That, again, though is one of those risks that we see from time to time - there are times when I avoid mixes and matches as they do increase the risk (particularly if you mix lots of different items) - however, I always think one of mine isn't going to pick up an mbuy offer at T and make the whole comp. fail, so it's not just a vs M issue: since A or agency took over the system from msm, it's a risk against the other stores too (or it is when I try to do the shopping:o:(:rotfl::rotfl:).

These Aussies, though, straight price - I think they're a fair bet.
  • abailey54
    abailey54 Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

No, we pay £20, APG sees £30 vs £11.25 (-10% £1.12 = £10.13) so we get £19.87 (pay 13p for 3) - my rounding might be wrong, but thereabouts (4p each)
    Final cigarette smoked 02/01/18
    Weight loss 2017 28lbs
    Weight gain 2018 8lbs :rotfl:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 November 2017 at 9:48PM
    abailey54 wrote: »
    Didn't know there was a trigger :rotfl::rotfl: not too keen on ketchup crisps anyway

Sorry there is - sorry you've not caught up:(.
    I thought Ketchup crisps weren't going to be very nice as I don't really like Ketchup - however, they turned out to be more like tomato flavour than tomato ketchup as such (not sure there is a difference as tomato ketchup is tomato:rotfl:) so more like tomato cup soups that also use tomato powder.

To recap, we have:
    The massive 3 for 2 offer.
    Ketchup crisps on 3 for £3 crisps & snacks.
    Heinz Lentil & Bacon tin on 5 for £3 soups.
    Muller Christmas Gingerbread on Muller singles 10 for £3.
    Cadbury's Chomp OR Cadbury Buttons on 5 for £1 kids sweets.
    SP Fish Fingers comparing against M at 60p instead of 65p (may have ended now if updated to Wednesday and if 65p is now continuous correct price in M that I haven't seen change to 60p).

Plus anything we/I don't currently know about:rotfl:.
  • Can I put the mullers and gift sets in the same shop?
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Oh those full houses suk don’t they. Well done on your second £50 one yesterday!
    I got £3 MnS a coke and another £10 dining out today - really pleased with these dining out as a couple of nice pubs nearby take them ( according to their search thingy).
    Hub & I like a nice pub meal occasionally.

They do don’t they lol
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    michaels wrote: »
    So I was in hurry in Mr A last night, found the trigger yogs and made to baskets - but somehow managed to put 11 in one basket and thus had 10 plus the trigger so no apg win and in the other had 9 so no 10 for £3 offer - double fail :(
    Where abouts is this elusive A's thats has the trigger yogs. Ive looked in 3 local ones so far and none there. Took a walk round Iceland when waiting for the bus home and there was a multipack of the wanted yogs. No good to me in there :wall:
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post

I think i've figured out how to put it in an excel spreadsheet.... is there a way to save it somewhere so people can access / alter it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure