Reclaiming package account fee success

Options
Just want to say a massive thanks to the tools on this site! Pretty effortlessly I filled in the form and got directed to complaintresolver and sent the message to my bank... had a lady phone me 4 days later to get more information regarding why I believe the account was mis sold... and after 7 days of sending my initial email.. boom just under £1500 back in my account! Anyone with one of these packaged accounts... give it a go... you have nothing to lose.

Comments

• PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    Korn319 wrote: »
    Just want to say a massive thanks to the tools on this site!.
    I'm offended!
  • Korn319
    Options
    Tools of the template variety, rather than humanoid ������
  • ekeitout
    ekeitout Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What an insult from NatWest. Their initial reply asks for more info because 'the complaint letter we received from you was not well articulated'.
    How rude is that???
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ekeitout wrote: »
    What an insult from NatWest. Their initial reply asks for more info because 'the complaint letter we received from you was not well articulated'.
    How rude is that???
    Personally I wouldn't be thin-skinned enough to find that rude or insulting, although undoubtedly its tone could be softened a bit.
  • aldo63
    aldo63 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I used the Resolver format and a lady from Barclays rang me last night my accounts ran from 1999- 2008 3 different accounts. She did ask me questions " did you use the free over draft facility, did you have a car, did you have a mobile fone, did you go on holiday" obviously I said yes to all questions. But hasn't everyone got these things. I did tell her I was not aware I was paying £12/15 a month for the accounts and I changed my bank when I found out. She more or less indicated I was not mis sold. Wish I had been more prepared. Can I appeal does anyone think.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    aldo63 wrote: »
    my accounts ran from 1999- 2008

[...]

I was not aware I was paying £12/15 a month for the accounts and I changed my bank when I found out.
    Putting aside the issue of nine years worth of statements with fees shown, if you're saying that you found out you were paying fees in 2008 and consequently changed accounts at that point, then it's no longer relevant whether or not you were missold as you're long since past the point of being able to claim any compensation for this, as claims have to be made within three years of being aware (or within six years of the alleged missale itself).

Or to be slightly more accurate, the bank is able (but not obliged) to reject your claim on timebarring grounds after those periods, so if it does then you have no further comeback other than court - the FOS won't take the case on for example.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used the Resolver format and a lady from Barclays rang me last night my accounts ran from 1999- 2008 3 different accounts. She did ask me questions " did you use the free over draft facility, did you have a car, did you have a mobile fone, did you go on holiday" obviously I said yes to all questions. But hasn't everyone got these things. I did tell her I was not aware I was paying £12/15 a month for the accounts and I changed my bank when I found out. She more or less indicated I was not mis sold. Wish I had been more prepared. Can I appeal does anyone think.

So you paid £12/£15 a month for 9 years on three different accounts and didn't even know about it?

You then realised in 2008 and changed banks and have now decided to make a complaint 9 years after you realised :O

I hope you have a better grip on your finances now!
  • Chalkius
    Chalkius Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options

You don't have a hope in hell. You're past the time limit, and it sounds like you used the benefits anyway. You should have complained a long time ago to even have a chance.
  • aldo63
    aldo63 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all comments. Just thought people shouldn't pay for bank accounts according to information in papers and online so thought it was a chance to get my money back. Didn't think there was a time limit sorry I got it wrong
  • Floraison74
    Options
    FOUR THOUSAND, SIX HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN POUNDS AND NINETY ONE PENCE!!! That is what was credited to our bank account today, ten days after making a claim through Resolver. Absolutely fabulous result, cannot thank you enough for facilitating the process and for those of you wondering whether or not to do it, DO IT, what have you got to lose? :T:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure