DLA to Pip transition

I've been transition from DLA to Pip and like everyone else and very confused by the payment dates.

I have always had DLA paid weekly on a Wednesday and obviously PIP is paid 4 weekly. On the award letter it says that I will be paid £45 ish on Friday the 11th to cover from May the 9th to May the 11th and then payments will commence for weekly after that.

I suppose my question is, when paid weekly is DLA paid in advance or in arrears?&

Comments

• bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Nannytone wrote: »
    I've been transition from DLA to Pip and like everyone else and very confused by the payment dates.

I have always had DLA paid weekly on a Wednesday and obviously PIP is paid 4 weekly. On the award letter it says that I will be paid £45 ish on Friday the 11th to cover from May the 9th to May the 11th and then payments will commence for weekly after that.

I suppose my question is, when paid weekly is DLA paid in advance or in arrears?&

Both DLA and PIP are paid 4 weekly in arrears.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    bspm1 wrote: »
    Both DLA and PIP are paid 4 weekly in arrears.
    Nanny receives her DLA weekly.
  • bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Nanny receives her DLA weekly.

Well then I have no idea.

As far as I was aware DLA and PIP were paid 4 weekly, in arrears, I have known people get the payment weekly if they have a terminal illness.
    :cool:
  • Nannytone
    Nannytone Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I started receiving DLA in 1993 and then you had the choice to receive it weekly fortnightly or 4 weekly. I chose weekly because I had two young children and needed weekly income/B]
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    OH had no choice (started in the 90s), had to be monthly
  • Nannytone
    Nannytone Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So how comes. I have always had it paid weekly ?
    DLA only came into existence in 1993/B]
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Weekly in arrears was an option for me in 2003 for my first claim could have been because I was transitioning from school and the claim had an appointee though? We went for 4 weekly so don't know the specifics, just remember it being an option
  • matrix11001
    matrix11001 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nannytone wrote: »

I've always been paid 4 weekly on the Tuesday - it shouldn't be too different to the way you get it now. Either way you won't lose out!
  • Bryando
    Bryando Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Always been paid DLA monthly. Asked a few years back for weekly but told no.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure