Tesco Savings DDs

Options

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,050 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why doesn't everyone on this forum complain by telephone to Tesco about this, in my book they have no right to cancel dds set up by customers
    Because financial products don't operate by 'your book', they operate by published terms and conditions and of course broader regulations and ultimately laws. As Tesco haven't breached any of these (they enshrine the right to change Ts & Cs within those Ts & Cs and have notified account-holders regularly by multiple channels for months), there is no legitimate reason to complain....
  • eskbanker
    Options
    The first notification I saw was a letter last week, I haven't got time to read through their rule change booklets
    And that's their fault because....?
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Because its always someone elses fault and the compensation culture is rife...
  • David_Partington
    Options
    Because I took out the product on the basis I could fund by direct debits and consequently set them up. If all companies cancelled dds set up by customers there would be problems, they are breaching a right not to change facilities the product was sold on without permission of the user
  • chamelion
    chamelion Posts: 473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 April 2018 at 10:20AM
    Options

well, obviously all banking changes in today's landscape need to get the approval of David first, when he has time available to read the proposal.
    5.41 kWp System, E-W. Installed Nov 2017
    Lux + 3 x US2000B + 2 x US3000C battery storage. Installed Mar 2020.
  • chamelion
    Options
    Because I took out the product on the basis I could fund by direct debits and consequently set them up. If all companies cancelled dds set up by customers there would be problems, they are breaching a right not to change facilities the product was sold on without permission of the user

well then, ask for a refund.
  • David_Partington
    Options
    Ok have it your way but if we don't complain and try and change things we end up being walked all over. I think it's worth complaining to them
  • eskbanker
    Options
    chamelion wrote: »
    well, obviously all banking changes in today's landscape need to get the approval of eskbanker first, when he has time available to read the proposal.
    Have you mixed me up with the guy doing all the whinging perhaps, as your comment doesn't make sense - I'm not the one demanding the right to approve changes?
  • chamelion
    Options
    Have you mixed me up with the guy doing all the whinging perhaps, as your comment doesn't make sense - I'm not the one demanding the right to approve changes?

yep :) fixed!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why doesn't everyone on this forum complain by telephone to Tesco about this, in my book they have no right to cancel dds set up by customers

Because not everything is set to run for years and years as it was, things change, firms decide to raise prices, banks can decide to stop the DD feature. We all had use of the feature but it had to come to an end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure