PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,582
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    Pork goulash today in the slow cooker.
    I bought some value mushrooms from Adli and there are some lovely baby ones (smaller than button) which will go in whole.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,487
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Liver, bacon, mash and onion gravy here - not one of my favourites but MIL is round for lunch and her and DH love it
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Pollycat
    Forumite
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Liver, bacon, mash and onion gravy here - not one of my favourites but MIL is round for lunch and her and DH love it
    Have you tried the Hairy Bikers recipe?
    It's good.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,487
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 8 April 2018 at 9:16AM
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Have you tried the Hairy Bikers recipe?
    It's good.

I'll have a look, I like the Hairy Bikers recipes, but, today, as it's for MIL, it needs to be her recipe :D

Edit: Polly I just had a look, and it's pretty much the same as I do, expect we use Worcestershire sauce not ketchup, I think a little sweetness would be nice though, I will give it a go and see if she notices ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Pollycat
    Forumite
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    I'll have a look, I like the Hairy Bikers recipes, but, today, as it's for MIL, it needs to be her recipe :D

Edit: Polly I just had a look, and it's pretty much the same as I do, expect we use Worcestershire sauce not ketchup, I think a little sweetness would be nice though, I will give it a go and see if she notices ;)
    TBH, I can't recall putting tomato ketchup in (although it's a few weeks ago since I cooked it), I very rarely use ketchup in cooking.
    Maybe I misread it and used tomato puree instead. :eek::rotfl:
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    JIL I guess the curry kit works well for those wanting to try cooking curry, or not wanting to fork out on entire packs of spices for a one off. Like you say, you pay for the convenience of someone putting it all together for you.
    Oddly it's just reminded me I have a Mediterranean seasoning pack in the cupboard and some sad looking courgettes to use up....
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    OH just requested pasta (again) so I made that - he just had his with some sauce and chillis, I added some bendy courgette to mine and threw in some balsamic olives, peppers and goats cheese (which may / may not have been a tad 'tangy' so if you don't hear from me again - you know why :eek:)

However i have a portion of mash, swede and cauli cheese now in the fridge to use up - which I'll have to do something with tomorrow.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,485
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ate out for lunch today and tonight we're having LO chicken tagine with couscous.

Denise
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Rib eyes, mushrooms, peas , corn, pepper sauce and onion rings with croquettes

Nothing at all home made and I don!!!8217;t care !!!55357;!!!56834;
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,061
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ramen with pork, various veg and a soft boiled egg
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts