My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,321
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    milann wrote: »
    Just been reading your diary - sounds like things are coming together nicely:T
    Awww thanks for stopping by,I'm quite pleased with the way things are going at the moment :)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Forumite
    Phew I was working today and it went by in a blur,it wasn't especially busy but the time just flew by,I'm now home showered and chilling with a cup of tea before bed
    There was lots of chocolate on the ward today so I have eaten far too much,good job I'm not going to SW this week because I'm probably over my target now:eek:
    Today was also another NSD so I'm pleased with that,I'm going to aim to have as many as possible but I'm allowing for essential spends if they are needed so food for me or the pets and medication for me,I used to spend money at work all the time because there are two shops so I would be tempted by chocolate or a magazine,I've solved the problem though by not taking any money to work with me,it's probably saving me a fortune,I also used to sometimes buy lunch and I've stopped doing that,I make enough at tea time the night before so I've got left overs to take the next day,I mad a curry last night and it's made four portions so I had one for tea last night took one to work today ones in the fridge for tomorrow and one in the freezer,luckily I don't mind eating the same food for a few days in a row especially if it means I don't have to cook again because I don't like cooking:rotfl:
  • Onebrokelady
    Forumite
    edited 3 April 2018 at 8:55PM
    Today was my day to look after my DGS,he was poorly all day so very upset and grumpy ,I think it's his teeth or he has a virus,I went to visit a friend who had a fall last week and he cheered up for a bit but then fell asleep for the rest of my visit,Calpol was my saviour today,poor little man,I'm probably going to be looking after him again on Thursday because he normally goes to nursery and his mum isn't sure if she should send him
    Sadly today was not a NSD because I bought naughty hot cross buns,I know I'm allowing for food spends but only food that I need and I didn't need hot cross buns......I did however want them very much.......:rotfl: they are the Salted Caramel and Chocolate ones from M&S and I couldn't resist, I haven't tried them yet though because DDs boyfriend bought me an Easter egg so I've eaten that instead.......SW is definitely not being followed in this house this week,I'm allowing myself the next couple of days then getting back on plan or I won't be at target when I go next week. I'm working tomorrow so it will be a NSD for sure:)
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,507
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi,O B Lady,I am loving your diary. I admire your grit and determination to change your life,and its great how many strides you have made. Well done!:T:T
    In particular I admire how much you achieve despite your health issues,battling against ill health is a drag,and struggling through pain and depression is awful,so kudos for your bravery and grit.Lets hope if summer ever arrives you will feel better. Good luck!
    I will subscribe,and will enjoy following your journey.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Just popped by as not spoken much lately. Been catching up...had to laugh at the expensive kitchen stuff in JL....I can never understand why people would pay a lot for things like that...give me Matalan, Primark, Asda and Sainsbury's...(although they are getting dearer) any day. Also can't beat a good charity shop or car boot....LOL
    Glad things are going reasonably well for you. Keep up the good work
  • Onebrokelady
    Forumite
    Hi,O B Lady,I am loving your diary. I admire your grit and determination to change your life,and its great how many strides you have made. Well done!:T:T
    In particular I admire how much you achieve despite your health issues,battling against ill health is a drag,and struggling through pain and depression is awful,so kudos for your bravery and grit.Lets hope if summer ever arrives you will feel better. Good luck!
    I will subscribe,and will enjoy following your journey.
    Ahhhh thanks so much,I really didn't think anyone would bother to read my diary,my bad health is a drag and although I do get down about it I think it's best to try and carry on doing the things I enjoy as much as possible,when I was first diagnosed with chronic pain I fell into a deep pit of despair feeling like a victim and got really ill,then one day I started to get angry and decided then that it wouldn't beat me and it doesn't most of the time,the depression is another story and I have just come to the realisation that sadly I am one of the people who needs medicinal help to cope with it,I've tried without the meds and my life was hellish so for the time being im staying on them and life is starting to look ok again, forgot to say the weather here today was glorious:T
  • Onebrokelady
    Forumite
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Just popped by as not spoken much lately. Been catching up...had to laugh at the expensive kitchen stuff in JL....I can never understand why people would pay a lot for things like that...give me Matalan, Primark, Asda and Sainsbury's...(although they are getting dearer) any day. Also can't beat a good charity shop or car boot....LOL
    Glad things are going reasonably well for you. Keep up the good work
    Hi Ploppy,hope things are ok with you, the JL thing was ridiculous ,I'm a Wilkos fan myself and we are getting an Ikea in May which I'm quite excited about,their kitchen stuff is super cheap if you buy the basic bits and it's good quality :)
  • Onebrokelady
    Forumite
    edited 5 April 2018 at 9:08PM
    I didn't update yesterday because I was shattered when I got home from work and went straight to bed,I really struggled yesterday because I was just feeling exhausted for some reason,I also had a funny turn while covering the breaks in a clinic and had to go and lie down on one of the couches,I took two codeine instead of one and it made me feel woozy and sick,won't be doing that again at work,I take two all the time and it's normally fine so I don't know what happened yesterday
    I am off for two days now,today has been lovely,me and DD looked after DGS again because DD1 didn't want to send him to nursery as he still isn't himself,he is eating and cheerful and happy but isn't drinking enough,he's not dehydrated though so she is waiting and seeing before taking him to the docs
    Today was not a NSD though as I bought a food flask,I took DGS out and intended to buy him something for his lunch but I couldn't find anything suitable so I would rather cook food at home at take it out with me,so it's a sensible purchase even if unplanned,I will probably use it for myself as well
    Tomorrow I'm seeing DGS again because I'm spending the day with DD1,I see her when she drops DGS off and picks him up but we haven't spent any time together since Mother's Day,she needs to buy a swimming cossy so we are going into town and will probably go for a coffee too at some point so I doubt tomorrow will be a NSD either
    I've done my banking today as well but there is a discrepancy,I have excess money and I can't for the life of me work out how or why,there are some bills still to be paid but I've accounted for them,I think it's food money because I had £80 at home and only drew out £40 to make it up to my £120 budget but I'm not sure I'm Im right,I'm not worried though as I know everything has been paid and there is definitely enough for the bills that are left
    My second SC payment went out on the 3rd so that's done for this month,I've looked at my paperwork and got my debt total and also how much I've paid off so I'm going to put it in my signature in a minute
    So far I have paid off £502 this is made up of
    £50 I transferred from my old bank account to my OD when I stopped using that account
    £184 that my daughter accidentally paid into my old frozen bank account,I was going to try and get it back but I decided to leave it in there to go towards paying off my OD
    £268 which is my first two SC payments
    I'm really pleased with the amount that's been paid off so far as it's the most I've managed to pay in a long time,it's amazing what can be done if you focus yourself and I still have £300 in my emergency fund and £100 in my Xmas savings, DD2s boyfriend has to pay me rent for this month yet so that's another £100 going into my emergency fund
    Next months wages will be good because I have worked 4 days at unsocial hours pay so more savings planned for then,I was going to make overpayments on the debt but I'm not going to rush into that as I'm not sure about my earnings so to begin with I'm going to save like mad and if I think I can pay more later I will,it's been a good positive day today:T
  • Great you will soon be in the 16 s on the debt! :T
    Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
  • Onebrokelady
    Forumite
    Great you will soon be in the 16 s on the debt! :T
    I know,I'm so excited it's ridiculous:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback