MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• What a nightmare!!! I can understand you not wanting to deal with the landlord anymore but can't the letting agent help you out. Surely if you've complained about him to them they have to look into it rather than just stand by while you're evicted. It's not very professional is it?

Maybe it's worth speaking to citizens advice to see what your rights are? Otherwise I hope you find another property quickly so you can relax before baby arrives xx
  • LannieDuck
    LannieDuck Posts: 2,359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It reads as if it's the LA that's given you notice, not the landlord... is that right?
    Mortgage when started: £330,995

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
    Arthur C. Clarke
  • Eiteews
    Eiteews Posts: 229 Forumite
    Ohh new thread already, that was quick.

Not had chance to read back as in office at the moment but thought I'd post this for anyone who was planning to take Raspberry Leaf in later pregnancy. Went in to H&B to scope them out and they were reduced from £7.49 to £2 and scanned at £1.95... bargain!

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=191&prodid=323
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It it's the estate agent sneaking around could you contact the landlord directly? It seems very odd he's saying he can make it go away - that suggests he's lied to your landlord about why you are moving - maybe he's told them you are choosing to move?
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074
    Forumite
    Eiteews wrote: »
    Ohh new thread already, that was quick.

Not had chance to read back as in office at the moment but thought I'd post this for anyone who was planning to take Raspberry Leaf in later pregnancy. Went in to H&B to scope them out and they were reduced from £7.49 to £2 and scanned at £1.95... bargain!

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=191&prodid=323

Wow that's a good price. I was going to buy some but I read on a website yesterday you shouldn't take it under certain circumstances and one was if you had bleeding in the second half of pregnancy & I had it at 20 weeks so I've decided not to now.

Just got back from shopping, got my free changing bag in boots, and bought some bigger non wire bras in Primark as I need bigger ones now but don't want to spend much as I expect I'll need nursing/bigger ones in a couple of months and these won't fit! The biggest back size I've bought in my life!

When I got home my left boob was wet! Can't see any yellow stuff though, glad it's winter incase it happens again wouldn't want to be in a skimpy vest top or something!
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911
    Forumite
    smlsave is the weather bad near you? We've got snow coming down at the moment! mmmm love a bit of tapas, hope you feel up for it later.
    silou I'm still awake...somehow..yawn....
    Just wind and rain atm thankfully. We normally get missed by more extreme weather as it seems to go round us. Although I'm fully expecting snow to turn up on due date! ;)
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • TeamLowe
    TeamLowe Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Cllola if I was you I'd post on the house buying, renting and selling board for advice- they can tell you if the notice is valid and even if it is then you don't have to leave without a court order and personally I wonder if your landlord knows about the letter- I'd be wondering if the bullying LA is threatening you so you'll back down without the landlord knowing as the landlord will be furious with him for not doing what he's paid for

Con my son has worn an outfit twice so far, sleepsuits the rest of the time as he's still uber cute in them
    Little tip- try to avoid the ones where poppers only down one leg, makes life a lot more difficult as you have to undo all the poppers to change them and sometimes sleep deprived it's hard to get the right leg in the right hole and you don't half feel like a fool when you realise in the morning lol
    Little Lowe born January 2014 at 36+6

Completed on house September 2013

Got Married April 2011
  • Kynthia
    Kynthia Posts: 5,665
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Cllola, is the hand delivered notice a Section 21 notice? It should be dated with the date it was 'served' and have an expiry date that is not less than 2 months and aligned to your tenancy period dates. If it expires 9th April i assume your last fixed term contract began on the 10th and ended before or on 9th April? Technically you don't have to be out by that date as it just means the landlord wants possession and can apply to the courts for it after the expiry date, so bear that in mind if you have trouble finding somewhere else. Also if you suspect the agent has sent it without the landlord's knowledge and is going to deceive the landlord by telling them you gave notice to leave then double check with the landlord.

I'm so sluggish and sleepy today. I think I've a bit of a cold but I only feel it in the evening and when I first wake up. I'm still trying to be useful by doing some washing and ironing, plus sort out a few emails and order a new cooker. I feel bad doing nothing when hubbie is at work but I really don't think he'd mind as he just wants me well.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
  • Cllola so sorry you're having a stressful time. I would definitely contact your landlord directly, explain that the letting agent seems to have been mucking you both about, you're 6 months pregnant and would love to stay in the property but the letting agent has basically tried to blackmail you by making you withdraw a complaint so you can stay in the property. The landlord might be able to simply sack the letting agents and let it to you directly?
    Our first baby due 25th May 2014 :T

Maternity leave fund: £3000/£6000 :T
  • Birdie- Hope your little one makes an appearance soon. I'm only 2 behind you on the list!

Saw MW today for an extra appointment after 2 midwives couldnt be sure of babys position last week. Well baby is definetly head down but head is still not engaged and I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. Go back in 2 weeks where she said they'll offer me a sweep but only if heads engaged by then. Not too keen on that- I'm not huge or fed up yet and by my own dates shes not due til a week after that so inclined to not rush things but start the natural methods we discussed at hypnobirthing.
    Hubby has his driving test again on thursday so got everything crossed he passes and can drive us to hospital when the time comes.

I'm tired today- had MW, visit to elderly aunt who wanted to see my bump and lunch with a friend who's mum is in hospital and needed cheering up.
    April £5 a day challenge- £15.05/£150
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport