Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Yeah. Collected and delivered.
    I can now get on with my day. Starting with breakfast. I am hungry as I missed lunch yesterday and had my baguette for my evening meal. I didn't sleep well, too much on my mind. But when I did my Dad was in my dreams, and my twins were about 6 years old in my dreams. They are going to be 30 next week!!!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Finally no dramas, no problems or issues.
    My friend came to help in the shop and Seamstress was in, so I was able to see more as I didn't have to keep stopping to serve customers.

Dinner done, and now I am going to make a few cushions, to see if I can sell them on my Makes page.
    I have brought home a trolley full of trousers to sew tomorrow when I have to be home for the gas man and my Habadashery man.
    Dgd is still not walking properly, and the bruising is showing now. So It is debatable that she will make it to school tomorrow.

Right time to turn my stash into cash!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I made 3 cushion covers, piped with zips and then I had a friend come over who helped me set up the new TV and so I stopped sewing around 8pm.
    Although I went to bed at 10 I was up and down all night. I don't need to be awake for another hour yet, but I have been awake since 4.45 yet again.
    So much going on in my head at the moment.
    Managed to add another £50 to the savings pot today. For how long I don't know but for now I am happy to move it from my current account.
    I hope to get some cushion pads and photography my cushions and get them up for sale.
    That got my head in to all the stuff that I have at home and at work that I should be trying to sell or Upcycling then selling.
    Possibly time to do a little research about the value of things and see if I can motivate myself to turn my stock into cash.
    See why I cannot sleep my head is too busy planning.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Cushion cover, bottle bag made early on. Trip to Mum to change her bed. Trip to post office to return a wheel, failed as parcel heavier than provided label. Jumper collected from shop that was holding it for me, got a free necklace just because I admired it on a dress, and had it thrown in. Was going to Aldi when Van man called and said he was going to be early, so back home just before he arrived and, got my Christmas stock for the shop.
    Had lunch, a rather random collection of bits as I hadn't shopped.
    Replied to Ryanair and not accepting their reasons for not paying my holiday compensation, called airTap to arrange my Mums wheelchairs assistant at the Airport and Mum was going to book the taxi.
    The gas man has just serviced the boiler, and I am running out of steam now. The thought of heading out to food shop again now feels rather daunting.
    I may go to the local coop for a few bits to get us through tomorrow . Dgd is walking better and can go back to school tomorrow, although she has missed her cycling proficiency test now.
    I have my trolley of trousers to tackle.
    I think I am going to have to force myself to move, all I want to do now is rest.
    But that will not buy my house in Portugal.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Went to the coop, and then sat down to do all my alterations. One item is not finished as I wasn't Able to buy the right elastic from my van man.
    But I have made a couple of small gift bags, another bottle bag, and put together parts of bags that will need handles, as I am using odd fabrics that I have here at home.
    I feel happy with my day, although I forgot to get dgds chocolate spread. But I will get her some tomorrow on the way home from work.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Wonder what today will bring?
    I have my game plan laid out in my head, I visualise a good day, starting with Dgd getting up without an argument, having her shower, and being ready for school. Driving her this morning as I have a lot of stuff to take to the shop, finding a parking spot, opening up on time, having help so I can service a sewing machine, steam a party of dresses, and prepare some items for the window. An afternoon of alterations, and this evening meeting my friend and her son for dinner at the pub.

See I see a good day ahead! Now I just ask the world to not interfere with the order of the day.:D
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Keep that picture in your mind, Mooloo - and keep refreshing it every working day xxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you have a good day Mooloo :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Dgd was not easy, but I did scrape into work on time��, service the machine, steam etc. One of the cushions I made yesterday sold as soon as I put it in the shop. Alterations were a bit slow as all fiddling jobs.
    Met my friend and had our meal out.
    Actually still here as kids playing cards, and she's nipped to the shop across the road, as she's had a really rough time. And spent all night in A & E with one of her children.
    Not a bad day, but I have aches and pains that I am trying to ignore.
    Early night I think.
    I will practice run tomorrow before I go to sleep and again in the morning.
    X
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I unearthed some fabrics that I think will make good cushion covers, and so tomorrow I will try and make a few new ones after work.
    I hope to photograph them so I can put them on the Internet to try and sell them. I have had an order for some Makes to do so have ordered in some special fabrics to be able to make them. Loveing doing the Makes, and must promote them more.
    I have had a headache all day, tension in my neck and shoulders so need to sort my work space out tomorrow but tonight I need to get some sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure