IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM ticket in February 2018/Gladstone Solicitor

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    and will post the same to the PCM tomorrow.
    You can't do it on a Saturday unless you get to the PO before it closes (if open Saturday morning), as you need a FREE 'certificate of posting' at the counter (and keep that little receipt securely stapled to a copy of the letter that YOU keep as evidence, in your file at home).

No 'recorded or special delivery' (please don't ask why not to expect a PPC to sign for something!). All that gives you is proof of NON-delivery...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Daintai
    Options
    Hi Coupon-Mad,

so i have emailed Gladstone and post letter as advise. Below is the reply they sent to me via email this morning.
    Objection to Processing of Data and Rectification of Data

We refer to your request regarding an objection to processing of data and rectification of data.

Unfortunately, we cannot process your request because we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of your data and which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you as an individual. That legitimate interest being that we are acting as our client’s representatives for the recovery of an unpaid Parking Charge Notice, which was appealed by yourself. To process your data is necessary and lawful, as it is required in furtherance of our client’s instructions, and we act for them on their rights and obligations for the recovery of such monies.

We understand our Client has also contacted you in this regard.

We must inform you that if you are not satisfied with our decision, the first stage is to contact us to request a review of our decision.

In most cases we will review your request within 20 working days. We will contact you to let you know if the review process will take longer.

If you are still not satisfied after the review, you have a right to complain to a supervisory authority. At this stage you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at Wycliffe, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF (Telephone 0303 123 1113). Please note that time limits may apply and so you should contact the ICO as soon as ever possible following our review decision.

We must also advise you that you also have the right to a judicial remedy (ie claim compensation through the courts), if you remain unsatisfied with the outcome of a complaint to the supervisory authority and you believe there has been a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. The ICO cannot award compensation and so if you cannot reach an agreement with us on the amount of compensation where appropriate, you can apply to court. You should seek independent advice at any stage that you feel it necessary.

Yours sincerely

L Hay.....
    Gladstones Solicitors
    :A
  • Daintai
    Options
    The nerve of these people!!
  • Daintai
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You can't do it on a Saturday unless you get to the PO before it closes (if open Saturday morning), as you need a FREE 'certificate of posting' at the counter (and keep that little receipt securely stapled to a copy of the letter that YOU keep as evidence, in your file at home).

No 'recorded or special delivery' (please don't ask why not to expect a PPC to sign for something!). All that gives you is proof of NON-delivery...

HI Coupon-mad

see email received above
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They have offered you a review so ask for a review.

They have said, if you still don't like the outcome, then go to the ICO - so go to the ICO.

Its the same judicial "wrap" - question / answer / review / escalation.
  • Daintai
    Options
    Hi IamEmar...

Thank you for that, so do i mention i will write to the ICO in my message or do i wait for their respond? I can't imagine them doing anything different or anything at all. I could be all talk to go to the next stage.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lawyers have to be clear. They have been. Whether you want to take them up on their offer is up to you.

As mentioned there is a "wrap" which allows you to have "anything different" independently verified.

A judge won't pre-judge anything so why would you pre-judge what the ICO will do? There is no need to mention the ICO in your communications, just say in line with their letter of xx/xx/xx you wish them to review their decision. Then see what happens.
  • Daintai
    Options
    Lawyers have to be clear. They have been. Whether you want to take them up on their offer is up to you.

As mentioned there is a "wrap" which allows you to have "anything different" independently verified.

A judge won't pre-judge anything so why would you pre-judge what the ICO will do? There is no need to mention the ICO in your communications, just say in line with their letter of xx/xx/xx you wish them to review their decision. Then see what happens.

Ok, will do, thank you
  • Daintai
    Options
    Daintai wrote: »
    Ok, will do, thank you

So even though I have given Gladstone my proof of not being in UK when the incident occurred they are still thinking they are in the right to process my details.

Please see letter received today.

Dear Mrs D.....

Objection to Processing of Data and Rectification of Data

We write further to your email of 13 September 2018, requesting a review of our decision made with regards to your request.

We can confirm that our position remains the same as indicated within our emailed letter of 12 September 2018, namely that we are processing your data for the recovery of an unpaid Parking Charge Notice, on behalf of our client, in accordance with their instructions, that charge having been appealed by yourself to our Client.

If you are still not satisfied after the review, you have a right to complain to a supervisory authority. At this stage you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at Wycliffe, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF (Telephone 0303 123 1113). Please note that time limits may apply and so you should contact the ICO as soon as ever possible following our review decision.

We must also advise you that you also have the right to a judicial remedy (ie claim compensation through the courts), if you remain unsatisfied with the outcome of a complaint to the supervisory authority and you believe there has been a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. The ICO cannot award compensation and so if you cannot reach an agreement with us on the amount of compensation where appropriate, you can apply to court. You should seek independent advice at any stage that you feel it necessary.

Yours sincerely
    L....
  • Daintai
    Options
    Should i start to ignore these people now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport