Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis

Comments

• slam3288
    slam3288 Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited 2 April 2018 at 5:57AM
    I have spent over £300 with John Lewis in the past 6 months but I haven't received any free hot drink and cake vouchers over a year. On the other hand my friend has not spend a penny with John Lewis and received 2 vouchers per quarter in the past 12 months. According to John Lewis Reward advert member should receive at least 3 free drink and cake vouchers per year. Therefore I wrote to John Lewis and complained about it and was told a batch of John Lewis Rewards has been arranged to be sent to me. I finally received my vouchers today, only got 2 vouchers, which is the same as my friend who received on a regular basis, no extra for compensation at all very disappointed. I can't figure out how John Lewis reward work. No logic at all members who spent with them not receive rewards and the one who don't spent with them get regular rewards???and despite their advert clearly state at least 3 vouchers per year.
    So for the one who in the same situation as me, make purchase and not receive any reward vouchers then you should write to John Lewis and complain about them fail to honor their promise.
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I think everyone is over thinking this - there's no pattern emerging that I can see, so why waste time agonising? Either you get vouchers or you don't, and whether you spend or not seems to have no impact.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dox wrote: »
    I think everyone is over thinking this - there's no pattern emerging that I can see, so why waste time agonising? Either you get vouchers or you don't, and whether you spend or not seems to have no impact.
    Exactly what I thought. It's as random as they can make it purely to keep people talking about them and visiting them more to see if it makes a difference. I'd say they got their marketing right; they've even got their own thread here...:money:
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jenniewb wrote: »
    Exactly what I thought. It's as random as they can make it purely to keep people talking about them and visiting them more to see if it makes a difference. I'd say they got their marketing right; they've even got their own thread here...:money:

Random or not (and it's very unlikely that it is), they do seem to be alienating quite a few people by not providing what they promised to provide.

But that's par for the course these days with John Lewis - applies to customer service and the infamous 'never knowingly undersold' price promise too. Both of those exist more in fiction than fact.

Yes, they do have their own thread here - but it's not exactly doing them any favours, is it?

Trustpilot says it all:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.johnlewis.com

Basically, you can no longer trust John Lewis. It's fast losing its customer base (like Waitrose) because of high prices and poor service, and you do have to wonder about its long term future.
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    wacko15 wrote: »
    My surname starts W but a friend who is K got exactly the same vouchers at the same time. I spent on my card at Christmas, but she didn't. Really dont understand how it all works, hardly seems worth it now, nowhere near as good as it was.

No cake vouchers either. Just a £5 gift card with a £50 spend and 50% off a cook well box. These are my offers valid until 31st May!

I got the same plus 1 drink/cake voucher
  • JadieH
    JadieH Posts: 116
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I wonder if the move from posted vouchers to digital vouchers will make a difference.
    You can now log into your JL rewards account within their app and I can see my vouchers there. Potentially this would make it easier for everyone to get their vouchers
  • Ningaloo
    Ningaloo Posts: 180
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I spend in there every month, not had any vouchers in ages. I have switched over to the app as I dont always remember my card. Will be interesting to see if tea/cake vouchers turn up. If they dont I'll just shop on line but then that makes it alot easier to also shop elsewhere.
    Thank you to everyone who has helped me MoneySave
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Another heads up - more vouchers on the way.

2 cake/hot drink vouchers (1 June -13 July and 16 July - 31 August)

£5 gift card on a £50 spend instore or online (1 - 31 August) - has to be activated

Also 50% off a juice at:

JOHN LEWIS YORK
    JOHN LEWIS NEWCASTLE
    JOHN LEWIS NOTTINGHAM

(1 June - 31 August - before 11.30am)
  • Lavandergirl
    Lavandergirl Posts: 39 Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Another heads up - more vouchers on the way.

2 cake/hot drink vouchers (1 June -13 July and 16 July - 31 August)

£5 gift card on a £50 spend instore or online (1 - 31 August) - has to be activated

Also 50% off a juice at:

JOHN LEWIS YORK
    JOHN LEWIS NEWCASTLE
    JOHN LEWIS NOTTINGHAM

(1 June - 31 August - before 11.30am)
    Not received any of these vouchers, hopefully will do so as my OH has received his
  • wacko15
    wacko15 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Just received two tea and cake vouchers (1 June - 31 Aug and 3 Sept - 31 Oct) plus a 50% off first cook well box. All 4 members of my household received the same, even though I shop at JL and they dont!

Certainly seem to be cutting back to 3 or 4 vouchers a year for most people, no matter if you spend or not!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure