E-ON Tariff comparison on MSE

My current E.ON tariff (1 year Cap &Track) is about to end. E-ON have suggested i switch to their "cheapest available tariff" E.ON Smart Saver v5, with a personal projection annual cost of £897.48. When I checked MSE comparisons, there is another E.ON tariff which seems to offer a better deal - Go Online 1 Year v14 (fixed). MSE projection is £789. Can anyone please explain why E.ON hasn't suggested this latter tariff to me?

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,695
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not all tariffs are available through all channels. They do not have to offer current customers tariffs that are only available through comparison sites, in fact they are allowed to refuse you that tariff. If you have correctly entered your current tariff on CEC then apply to switch through them. All done in the name of a fair and competitive energy market according to OFGEM, a confusing load of !!!!!!!! if you ask me ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    molerat wrote: »
    Not all tariffs are available through all channels. They do not have to offer current customers tariffs that are only available through comparison sites, in fact they are allowed to refuse you that tariff. If you have correctly entered your current tariff on CEC then apply to switch through them. All done in the name of a fair and competitive energy market according to OFGEM, a confusing load of !!!!!!!! if you ask me ;)

Nothing new here. I have two home insurers that I use. Company A gives me a large discount in Yr1 and hikes the premium for Yr2. Switch to Company B which gives me a large discount for Yr 2 and then hikes the premium for Yr 3. Yr3 I return to Company A. It takes someone with a MBA to come up with these clever marketing schemes.
  • New to this forum - what's CEC?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Hengus wrote: »
    Nothing new here. I have two home insurers that I use. Company A gives me a large discount in Yr1 and hikes the premium for Yr2. Switch to Company B which gives me a large discount for Yr 2 and then hikes the premium for Yr 3. Yr3 I return to Company A. It takes someone with a MBA to come up with these clever marketing schemes.

Cheap Energy Club run by MSE.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    LAMJO37TD wrote: »
    My current E.ON tariff (1 year Cap &Track) is about to end. E-ON have suggested i switch to their "cheapest available tariff" E.ON Smart Saver v5, with a personal projection annual cost of £897.48. When I checked MSE comparisons, there is another E.ON tariff which seems to offer a better deal - Go Online 1 Year v14 (fixed). MSE projection is £789. Can anyone please explain why E.ON hasn't suggested this latter tariff to me?

Hello LAMJO37TD and welcome to the Forums.

Our Go Online v14 tariff was only available through certain Price Comparison sites like the CEC. It's not available via our website or over the phone. We withdrew this version last night and replaced it with version 15. Again, this new version is only available through Price Comparison sites.

Did you speak to us about our tariffs? If you did, the advisor you spoke with should've told you about the existence of these tariffs even though they can't actually switch you to them. I'm sorry if they didn't do this.

Go Online v14 was only on sale from 10 July to 18 July. Smart Saver v5 has been available since 19 June. Depending on when you received your renewal notice, the Smart Saver tariff may have been our cheapest offering at that time.

Hope this explains LAMJO37TD. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    NPower have jumped on this bandwagon as well; confused the hell out of me. I think they just hope people are not smart enough to use 3rd party sites unless they are MSE members, like. ;)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,695
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 19 July 2018 at 10:27AM
    Found the E.On v15, nearly wore out my scroll button :eek: Same annual cost as their open to all tariffs and same as the NPower 2 year no exit fee tariff.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    There is (or was) a much better nPower tariff for my area available only through 3rd party sites, not directly; the Broker Fix July 2019 if it helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure