Starling Bank - Victim of thier own success

Options
In MY opnion Starling Bank is sinking in new customers and they cant service existing customers over the last two days I have tried to contact them over an urgent matter by telephone and chat, I tried 14 times on Wednesday and 22 times on Thursday (verified by my call log) only then being answered by a CSR, the call connects each time and you are disconnected after 5 minutes at your cost (coming off your call plan minutes.... if you are not PAYG) Anne Boden the CEO doesn't respond to tweets about this or answer emails.

Martins' done a good job by recomending them and bringing them extra customers but they just cant't cope. :mad:

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you run out of full stops? Here, have some: ...................
  • bluffer
    bluffer Posts: 528 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    having worked in an organisation that was at the end of one of martins recommendations, it can be a nightmare for the company involved. every company will plan number of calls, customer growth etc

the two days following the recommendation we hit over 500% of expected volumes. everyone and i mean everyone who was trained was on the phones, shortened breaks, overtime, cancelled training, we even asked people to cancel time off if they could etc etc and we still had queues of over an hour.

believe me, they will be feeling the pain as much as you.
    2023 wins - zilch, nada, big fat duck. quack quack,
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ABRDF wrote: »
    In MY opnion Starling Bank is sinking in new customers and they cant service existing customers over the last two days I have tried to contact them over an urgent matter by telephone and chat, I tried 14 times on Wednesday and 22 times on Thursday (verified by my call log) only then being answered by a CSR, the call connects each time and you are disconnected after 5 minutes at your cost (coming off your call plan minutes.... if you are not PAYG) Anne Boden the CEO doesn't respond to tweets about this or answer emails.

Martins' done a good job by recomending them and bringing them extra customers but they just cant't cope. :mad:

What do you mean by "... sinking in new customers ..."? Do you mean "overwhelmed by new customers"?

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with Starling Bank and I haven't had any problems. You should also note that "customer service" is an option in the mobile app where you can chat, call or send a message, all available 24/7.

Here's some more full stops also known by the Americanisation, "periods": .......
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've contacted them through Facebook too, they respond pretty quickly.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I haven't bothered with Starling as it's USP is (unlimited) free ATM withdrawals overseas and that is a costly loss leader.

It will clearly go (due in part to the MSE volumes) soon and then there will be minor outrage on here.
  • jaizan
    jaizan Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    At the moment, they still have the free overseas cash withdrawals.

I opened an account and it took just a few minutes & was very slick. Very little time expended on this.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jaizan wrote: »
    At the moment, they still have the free overseas cash withdrawals.

I opened an account and it took just a few minutes & was very slick. Very little time expended on this.

Thanks for that, doesn't help the OP who posted in July.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure