No more buying toiletries before I use the ones I've got..........

My name is Dolly and I am a toiletry hoarder :p

Anyone else.

I'm vowing to use up every last drop of all the toiletries I have before I buy any more.

Will post back later with the current haul I'm using before I get to move on to the next which is lurking in the cupboard somewhere.

Dxxx

Comments

• datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Good luck. How much do you have to use up? Once you have used them up are you going to try new brands/own brands (if you don't use them already)? I use Boots own brand shampoo, conditioner and shower gels at less than 79p each. I think that we can all do with running down toiletries at times. That doesn't mean of course when we need to buy new we cannot take advantage of offers.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • Good luck Dolly, I also have lots of toiletries to use up.Its so hard to resist when something new comes out or your given as gifts for birthdays or Christmas.
    Last count I have 18 bottles of shampoo but only 12 conditioners. Not counted soaps,shower gels etc.
  • datlex wrote: »
    Good luck. How much do you have to use up? Once you have used them up are you going to try new brands/own brands (if you don't use them already)? I use Boots own brand shampoo, conditioner and shower gels at less than 79p each. I think that we can all do with running down toiletries at times. That doesn't mean of course when we need to buy new we cannot take advantage of offers.

I think I am going to stick to the same brands, I might change mu mind at a later date though.

I do have quite a lot, had a clear out the other day and realised I need to stop buying!

I'm a terrible one for when there is a bargain buying loads then putting them away and forgetting about them!

Dxxx
  • Good luck Dolly, I also have lots of toiletries to use up.Its so hard to resist when something new comes out or your given as gifts for birthdays or Christmas.
    Last count I have 18 bottles of shampoo but only 12 conditioners. Not counted soaps,shower gels etc.

Aw glad its not just me!

I'm just gonna work through them one at a time and when I am down to the last dregs on the last bottle that's the time to buy more!

Dxxx
  • Astral 500ml cream - 14th January 2018
    Hotel shampoo - 14th January 2018
    Hotel shower gel - 14th January 2018

My husband has a habit of nabbing the hotel toiletries for me :p

Love him for that!

Dxxx
  • Count me in please - I have far too many toiletries and yet can never seem to resist buying more!
    CC: £3663.75 - Jan 19 :eek:

Save £12K in 2019 #135 £245.86/£8,000.00
  • WoolySarah wrote: »
    Count me in please - I have far too many toiletries and yet can never seem to resist buying more!

Yay!

I'm the same, doesn't help that I work next door to a Superdrug :p

Dxxx
  • Hello :wave:

Have you seen the No buying Unnecessary Toiletries thread? :)
    Please put out food and water for the birds and hedgehogs :)
  • Oh no I hadn't seen that!

Thanks for letting me know.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills