Skinny Latte's Mortgage Mugging

Comments

• :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Do you think we were like that when we were teenagers??

Choccielover, you're a very very lucky girl!!

Today was an expensive day, with a couple of frugal highlights. I did go into town, to my favorite tall shop and spent £99.50 on new clothes. A pair of the comfiest jeggings, because jeans are just getting too uncomfomfortable! I also got a couple of lovely tops, I'll wear them alot. There was a 15% off sale too :) I spent a gift voucher I got for my birthday (5 months ago!) on a pair of trainers.
    I cheekily parked in Waitrose and walked into town, as parking is sooo expensive. On return I thought I'd nip and get a coffee seeing as I'd used their carpark for free. How pleased was I when the young man told me if I signed up for a waitrose card, I can get free coffee :T
    So not only did I get free parking, but a free latte too, thanks waitrose.

The other highlight was cutting my hair. If you have long hair check out 'hair cutting tool' on ebay. I got mine for £2.79 inluding postage, it came from china so took a few weeks to arrive. It's fab, it's like a large plastic clip with a spirit level, that you run through your hair, and stop where you want to cut it. Then just trim around the clip. it took me a couple of minutes, and all my split ends are gone, I have a lovely new hair cut. Well happy!

I have a very frugal friend, and tonight we went to a party she'd arranged for a mutal friend. It was held in the costune department at Leeds playhouse, what a fantastic night, so funnny. It cost £5.50 each, and we all took a plate of food, amazing value, and a night not to be forgotten.

I'm aware I've not made any mortgage overpayments recenlty, that's because I'm waiting for my new mortgage to start, and the off set account to be set up, I'll have a better idea of where I am then. I'm putting the extra payment money in my TSB account for now.

Half way through the weekend already,, I've not shoped yet, cycling in the morning, so hope I'm still able to walk around the shop after! Talking of cycling, my excercise wall chart is in use, with 5 squares shaded already :D
    Pay off Car Loan £17,047 £10580 by Christmas 2022

Mortgage 1 @ 23/03/2019 [STRIKE]£101297[/STRIKE]
    £84457 16.6% DI [STRIKE]£6.95[/STRIKE] £6.15
    Mortgage 2 @ 12/04/2015 [STRIKE]£136121[/STRIKE]
    £100,546 26.1
    % DI [STRIKE]£9.13[/STRIKE] £6.07
    1st LBM 02/06/2013 £[STRIKE]21595[/STRIKE] Debt Free Day 27/03/2015

• Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Hair cutting tool sounds fab, could use one of those myself and save the dry haircut at 10x the cost. :T

Glad it's not just me finding jeans uncomfortable!

Glad new mortgage is nearly there :j

Well done on the exercise and hope you enjoy the cycle ride and manage the shop comfortably after!
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • Well done on the exercise, I need to get back into it again. I was doing superbly but then life (read - work!!) got in the way and it's all gone by the wayside.
    In an effort to bring myself back in line I have joined an expensive gym (one closer to work than home) in the hope that will make me use it more simply to get my money's worth! It does seem to be working somewhat but I can do better!!

Good news on the shopping too. I love and hate clothes shopping, I need new stuff because I wear the old out but hate trying to out outfits together...I can buy nice tops and nice skirts/trousers but somehow they never seem to go together.
    I missed out on the girlie fashion gene I think :)

Yes you are right I am exceptionally lucky, DH is one in a million. Currently snuggled up in bed with DD whilst he tidies the kitchen and puts a load of washing in before he takes her swimming so I can get some work done in peace ;) might bake (badly) later for him. He seems to love my baking despite the fact it never seems to go that well (I can't taste anything I bake due to food allergies to test it) and the diabolical mess I make in the kitchen.

Chocs
  • safehouse
    safehouse Posts: 710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thanks for the hair cutting tool tip, hopefully no more home crooked hair cuts...:D
  • Skinnylatte
    Skinnylatte Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker!
    Some-one asked me where I got my hair done today :rotfl::rotfl: I said ebay :rotfl::rotfl:

Chocs, I think the fact that we go to the gym at all is great, don't do your self down!

Thanks Ali, I did manage both the cycle (23 miles) and the shop, just about! It seems a LONG time since my last post.

Today my mortgage completed :j:j I will update the signature when I get a statement. My off set account has been opened too, however I'm making more interest in the TSB acount at the moment, so I won't use it until I've used all the allowance there (£5K I think).

I had a very exiting tweet today, from the BBC, wanting to film me about my youtube channel for a new series of 'Right on the Money', I was a bit sceptical it was a hoax at first, but he gave me his phone number, and yes he really did work for the BBC. They asked if I was available for filming Friday, so scared :eek:

I need to set a day aside for sorting out 'stuff', but I'm away for a bit then off to Dublin Saturday for the weekend, so I don't know when that's going to happen, I think I need to take a day off work soon. I need to send off my meter readings, pay some bills, and rerun my budget, plus get some pension forcasts.

I've still not heard about the job, they were supposed to phone Monday for a 'chat' but nothing :mad:

Bed time, where did the day go?
    Pay off Car Loan £17,047 £10580 by Christmas 2022

Mortgage 1 @ 23/03/2019 [STRIKE]£101297[/STRIKE]
    £84457 16.6% DI [STRIKE]£6.95[/STRIKE] £6.15
    Mortgage 2 @ 12/04/2015 [STRIKE]£136121[/STRIKE]
    £100,546 26.1
    % DI [STRIKE]£9.13[/STRIKE] £6.07
    1st LBM 02/06/2013 £[STRIKE]21595[/STRIKE] Debt Free Day 27/03/2015

• SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Wow well done on Beeb, will have to keep eye out for it
    :j:j:j:j:j:j
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Amazing news on the BBC filming! Not so good about the job, if nothing else it's very rude to say something and then not do it as well as the stress it adds waiting! Best of luck!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Wow - fab stuff re the BBC! ANd grrr :( re the job xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Congrats on the BBC gig, very exciting! :)

Can you send a polite "checking in" e-mail/voicemail re: the job? Just to show that you're still involved/interested even if they've fallen out of contact.
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Echo all the above and great news on the new mortgage too :j
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories