Tax Credit Renewal confusion

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 19 July 2018 at 10:40AM in Benefits & tax credits
Hello

We are due to renew our tax credits pack, but don't actually get anything anymore as we now earn too much (hooray).

We got £300 due to their error last spring (april/may) which I think may now be classed as an overpayment, but was due to them putting the figures in incorrectly and this was blindingly obvious and I did call them about it. They put my income in (to the pound) twice and this generated a payment we could'nt do anything about. My husbands salary has been the same for years (or thereabouts) so the error was easy to spot and is definately their error.

Do we need to do a full renewal, the figures they've sent us look ok, so do we just do an auto renewal ?

I think we got some interest of about £40 earnt from savings - do we need to include this in renewal or will they already be aware

Just to clarify, we don't actually get any physical tax credit payments now. I started work last April and they stopped.

I would like to cancel our claim altogether because its a process we don't need to do anymore, but I shall wait till after the july deadline ? having gotten tax credits since 2002 I've never had to cancel the claim before.

Many thanks

Comments

• Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    Some people get a reply renewal and some people get an auto renewal. You'll need to read your renewal form to see what action to take.

Interest is "other income". Other income only needs to be declared if over £300.

I would suggest you call to withdraw before the renewal as I believe if you wait until afterwards they won't withdraw until next year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure